The jobs that are the most in-demand for expats in Malta

Hello,

We invite you to share some information regarding the job market for expats in Malta. This information will be incredibly helpful to anyone considering moving there, so we're very grateful for your contribution.

What are the types of jobs that are easily accessible to expats in Malta?

What are the ones most in-demand for expats?

Which industry and/or jobs have limited workforce?

Are there any existing surveys, data, or reports done regarding this topic?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

The most accessible jobs are in the hospitality trade there's also a lot of gaming companies who take on ex pats, any position where you do not have to speak Maltese which is a difficult language to learn.

:cool: 

Read my next post about jobs in Malta.

Hello my fellow expats.

It's me once again. This time talking about job opportunities in Malta.

The industries which hire the most are:

1. Igaming

Top salaries and bonuses and benefits ( free gym, parties, health insurance etc) compared to any other industry in the island. Entry level positions as Customer service centre agent are paid  up to 24k per year ( 20k after taxes). Consider that average salaries in Malta (especially Maltese companies) have a range between 14k to 18k.

Downsides:
A) Some languages are highly demanded compared to others:

1.Nordic languages (Swedish, Danish, Norwegian)
2. Finnish, German,
3. All the others

B) high turnover and for some positions , frenetic shifts.

C) often a previous experience is necessary to access this industry.

2. Finance and Accounting

This industry grew up around the Igaming industry and there are plenty of positions available. Salary range is second only to the already mentioned Igaming industry.

Downside: sometimes ( not that often though) knowing Maltese is necessary due to specific Maltese tax laws and regulations apply.

3. Tourism

Hotels and restaurants look out for employees. Some positions especially in well-known hoteleries chains or  popular/luxury restaurants are well paid, chefs or hotel Managers for example, otherwise , excluding those, the jobs as waiters/waitresses are not much paid and seasonal. Besides, prepare yourself for excruciating shifts.

4. Constructions and Real Estate

Paid per hours or just commissions, not the best earning but it's easy to get those jobs since this industry is booming at the moment.

5. Logistics and other services like sales

if Maltese companies, low wages and Maltese language is largely required.

6. Self employed.

For EU citizen is pretty straight forward ( not always though...) process to open a company. It depends on type of business you might need a permit ( that can be the bottle neck in the whole process) . If you do not have own financial means to start the business, keep in mind that Banks are not easy to grant loans.

Last but not least:

If you are looking for job opportunities in Malta I recommend to visit:

1) www.keepmeposted.com.mt

2) www.konnekt.com

Ok enough for now. Any question, feel free to ask.

Cheers everyone

On Malta yes but not on Gozo where the majority of vacancies advertised are either hotel work, restaurants and shop work, there is only one large employer and that is the tomato factory. Many expats and locals have to travel to Malta everyday which can be horrendous at times.

I am seeking for agriculture field job so if any site or vacancy available kindly I would like to know soon from you.

A Rozario wrote:

I am seeking for agriculture field job so if any site or vacancy available kindly I would like to know soon from you.

This Forum is not a Recruitment Agency so the chances of someone on here coming up with a job vacancy are slim.   Also the chance of getting an agricultural position are not very good as there are not large farms on Malta and definitely not on Gozo.

Thank you for your kind response.

GozoMo wrote:

On Malta yes but not on Gozo where the majority of vacancies advertised are either hotel work, restaurants and shop work, there is only one large employer and that is the tomato factory. Many expats and locals have to travel to Malta everyday which can be horrendous at times.

That's what I also noticed in Malta.

Plus, I would say that factories hire a lot of foreigners. Mainly Maltese factories. So, from what another guy (Pietrof) said it means low wages. But those positions are very accessible for someone without too much experience/diplomas, who seeking a temporary job, etc...

For older experienced job seekers, how easy is it to get employment? If one is biologically younger than chronicle years, it seems to make no difference. Self employment seems the only option. Any thoughts?

anyone or from any country  can apply for igaming factories right ????

Hello Guys,

I am from India and have an experience of 2.5 years in Customer service industry .

I am looking forward to study my Masters in Malta .

I will be very happy if you guys could help me in figuring out with the best colleges in Malta from Management course .

Also , if you could inform me about the jobs that are in demand in Malta .

Your information will be help full for me to decide whether or not to study in Malta .

Thanks in advance :)

Hello. I am new here and i am moving with my gf in Malta in a few days.
As i can read from every forum so far, everyone is suggesting these jobs. But what about other fields, i am interior designer, working in 3ds max, solidworks, sketchup..and my gf has a degree in applied mathematic/statistic.
Is there any company that needs these kind of employees?
I am with EU documents, she isn't.
Both of us have bachelor degree, we both know english, and she also knows french, spanish.
Would you like to point on some companies that are hiring on this positions?

Thank you