The jobs that are the most in-demand for expats in Japan

Hello,

We invite you to share some information regarding the job market for expats in Japan. This information will be incredibly helpful to anyone considering moving there, so we're very grateful for your contribution.

What are the types of jobs that are easily accessible to expats in Japan?

What are the ones most in-demand for expats?

Which industry and/or jobs have limited workforce?

Are there any existing surveys, data, or reports done regarding this topic?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi everyone.

I have lived in Japan since my childhood and have returned there again to work.
The most in-demand jobs right now there is English Teaching. They have lots of jobs as an ALT (assistant language teacher) for public high schools and elementary schools, for Eikaiwas (language schools), Man to man lessons like Gaba and Etc and for those who are students in Japan or those who want to earn extra cash, you can also go to hellosensei.com. This website helps those who are willing to teach English to those people that are working already or those wanting to have a tutor for school or improve their conversational skills. I have personally done this, and it earns a decent amount of money.

Japan is trying to make everyone speak English as much as they can, that's why they are hiring people who are qualified to teach English and are fluent.

However if you are able to speak Japanese that is good enough for work, as well as English or any other language, you are highly qualified for ground attendant jobs in the airport.

Gaijinpot.com has alot of job advertisements that are suitable for expats.

Dear All,
Referring Only to my field hotels & restaurant  business .Japan have a very high standards ,and expectations of professional expat. Please do yourself a favor before you think of Japan get some experiences in Asia somewhere elss    if not you drug your life to the unknown ,& the worst is you get black listed easier than you can imagine. Thanks to the New digital world.
Good luck.

I work as Network Operations Assistant and Supervisor (AOR French) in Mobilis company.

•    Full configuration and commissioning of NEC ipaso( 200,400) ,Complete Equipment Installation of Indoor and Outdoor Units.

•    E1&VLAN configuration, interconnection to BSC & power on of 2G/3G /LTE new sites.

•I'm in charge of   data routing and switching, configuration and troubleshooting

• Performing Sweep Tests of Feeder line and Antenna Systems using Site Master. (ANRITSU)(BERT).

•    Analyze of alarms in Transmission links and resolve problems.

•    I developed an android application for localization of the sites and scan  links IP adress .