The jobs that are the most in-demand for expats in Cyprus

Hello,

We invite you to share some information regarding the job market for expats in Cyprus. This information will be incredibly helpful to anyone considering moving there, so we're very grateful for your contribution.

What are the types of jobs that are easily accessible to expats in Cyprus?

What are the ones most in-demand for expats?

Which industry and/or jobs have limited workforce?

Are there any existing surveys, data, or reports done regarding this topic?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Jobs in the Paphos district are mainly seasonal tourism based positions - working in hotels bars cafes restaurants shops kiosks etc there is also a requirement for cleaning of private & short let villas apartments etc also hire car delivery drivers.....

Its difficult for any new arrival to break in to the more skilled trades fields such as plumbers electricians joiners etc  its even more difficult for people with HGV experience as many companies already employ and stick to local workforce sources

It can be difficult to get a job here initially and can take between 3-6 months to secure a good decent paid job, but wages are low in comparison to your own homeland in most cases... so best advice for anyone contemplating a move be sure to have at least 6 months cash behind you to cover all living and day to day expenses without having to work it makes the transition much easier and gives you breathing space to secure a job without being pressured

also remember working in the summer months with temperatures in excess of 30-35 degrees is not easy even for those who are used to it

Good luck to all

Here in Cyprus very difficult to get job..i spent 1 year in cyprus but i dont get job yet. Only sometimes part time job..can you suggest me for the job..