Health insurance in cambodia

Hi
Is there any form of health insurance available in siem reap

many thanks
jeannie b

Hi.

Why don't you ask on the Siem reap forum?

Cheers.

Joe

In CEO that other forum, I had a great treat about Health insurance because I probably want/need one too. And it is not limited to Siem Reap.

I tried: International brokers. They are extremely expansive 3000=5000 a year.
Local Cambodian insurance: Cheap, but they don't cover a lot. Useless!
Some German and UK insurances. They are the best option I did find.
The cheapest option was a german one, but it is only available for people living in Germany (any EU citizen).
But it is great offer. Full coverage (with med evac and or repatriation to Germany!) for 59,00 a month. Can start till 64 years old. Only way for me to do this is move to Germany, apply Insurance, and than move to Cambodia. Than I have 5 year coverage. Not bad. Worth the effort (Lived in Germany before).  You can renew every 5 years, have to go to Germany for that. After 69, you pay 259,00 per month.
MY other best option was medical insurance policy with Health Care International (UK), including Medivac to Thailand/Singapore. About $700-900 USD per year for their Emergency Plus plan, $500k cover, $2k deductible, pretty comprehensive cover.

I did not find better solutions than that.

james1963 wrote:

In CEO that other forum, I had a great treat about Health insurance because I probably want/need one too. And it is not limited to Siem Reap.

I tried: International brokers. They are extremely expansive 3000=5000 a year.
Local Cambodian insurance: Cheap, but they don't cover a lot. Useless!
Some German and UK insurances. They are the best option I did find.
The cheapest option was a german one, but it is only available for people living in Germany (any EU citizen).
But it is great offer. Full coverage (with med evac and or repatriation to Germany!) for 59,00 a month. Can start till 64 years old. Only way for me to do this is move to Germany, apply Insurance, and than move to Cambodia. Than I have 5 year coverage. Not bad. Worth the effort (Lived in Germany before).  You can renew every 5 years, have to go to Germany for that. After 69, you pay 259,00 per month.
MY other best option was medical insurance policy with Health Care International (UK), including Medivac to Thailand/Singapore. About $700-900 USD per year for their Emergency Plus plan, $500k cover, $2k deductible, pretty comprehensive cover.

I did not find better solutions than that.

Hi James,

Can you please tell us which one is the german one ?

Thank you,
Marcelo

Dear Marcelo:

Here is the link

German expat health insurance Hanse Merkur

Thank you very much James !