Black American women in Cairo

I have always been intrigued by the history and culture of Cairo and plan on visiting a few times before considering moving there. I am curious to know how black woman from america are perceived and treated there and are there many black American expats residing there. All feedback is welcomed even if it's unfavorable. 

Regards,
Tina

I have visited Egypt before and have never found color a problem.  I'll be moving there April as I would like to retire. It's affordable and money can go so much farther.  I don't know what visa I will be able to get as I asked here and they said I would have to discuss once I get there. Stay in touch & if you get there while I'm there of course you are welcomed

Thanks so much, that's good to know! I plan to visit next year around   this time we can chat until then.  I will talk with soon.
Best regards,
Tina

Tina hi
Am Egyptian.  I assure u we don't have colour problems here in Egypt and u will be safe. I live here in pyramids area and give Arabic lessons to expats and have contacts with many of them. I never heard about these problems. ***
Welcome to Egypt
Gihan

Hello, it is safe and no issue related to color

Hi there--

I'm a black American and have had no problems here. There are all kinds of people in Cairo and in general, "brown" people tend to blend in. People are pretty welcoming in Egypt in general. Enjoy your trip and please don't hesitate to reach out should you have any questions.

~Rachel

Trust me no body is racist here ! You will feel like family ! Wish u the best :)

Thank you for your insight and generosity! I don't have whatsapp however, we can chat via hangout. My email address is ***
Regards
Tina

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : For your own safety please avoid sharing your personal contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thanks Rachel,
It's refreshing to see so many kind people willing to help! I am going to be busy when I come there because,  I am going to try and meet all who have been so kind to me.
Best Regards,
Tina