Kidnapped girl

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/regiona … indonesia/

I would normally add this stuff to the news thread but I'm sure the mother would appreciate any help in finding her daughter, even a small thing such as a thread here.

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/regiona … indonesia/

https://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/online/2018/02/03/06/00/20180202399841517565957large.ashx/?w=620&h=413&crop=1&hash=B8EF40C1084159DB95A4E3E1054D3FEF9280F50F

JAKARTA: The Embassy of Argentina is seeking public assistance in locating a 7-year-old Argentine girl who was reportedly kidnapped in June 2017 and may now be in Indonesia.

Alum Langone Avalos is believed to have been brought into the country through Batam. The girl's mother is asking for media attention on this case so she can bring her daughter home.

“Alum's parents are separated and the mother, Elizabeth, was granted full custody of the child by the courts,” according to an embassy press release.

“The father kidnapped Alum from her school and left Argentina illegally.

This is totally bizarre. 

Why would the girl's father, who doesn't seem to have any connection to Indonesia, even think of bringing his daughter here? 

Spousal kidnapping (going against court ordered custody) is a huge problem world wide.  And, like a coin, there are always two sides to the issue.  ;)

I've read this on various news sites the story is very bizarre

Ubudian wrote:

This is totally bizarre. 

Why would the girl's father, who doesn't seem to have any connection to Indonesia, even think of bringing his daughter here?

Sounds like he's wandering around the world to avoid being found.

"Sounds like he's wandering around the world to avoid being found."

I noticed that too...Bolivia and Malaysia being prior stops for him. 

One would think that during this international travel the girl would most likely come to be noticed by immigration and customs folks. 

Another consideration...I wonder how much family court systems world wide consider the desires of the kid as to which parent they want as their primary and legal custodian.  In divorces, it's always the kids who seem to suffer the most.  Sad.

Suppose it depends how he's travelling and the sort of ports he's using.
I suspect it wouldn't be hard to sneak into Batam from Singapore by small boat and internal travel is hardly a problem as only the airlines check identity and they probably don't have missing persons info.

Busy shipping lanes make it easy for small boats, I think Indonesia its self is pretty easy especially the last legs of the smaller islands like batam, this has been highly publicised last few years for individuals with no documents

All good points!    :top:

Canada is the only country on earth with more coastline than Indonesia...but most of that is arctic...so the challenges here are unlike anywhere else.

Agree with Ubudian, better to consider what the girl wants rather than what the each parent wants. And as you've said, there are two sides to every story.

Those of us who are divorced understand pretty well that the odds are commonly stacked against the father when it comes to divorce judges and child custody,

Unless you've experienced that, I think it's better to not make judgement here or wait until more facts about the reasons for this happening come out.

abdulkhalil wrote:

Unless you've experienced that, I think it's better to not make judgement here or wait until more facts about the reasons for this happening come out.

Judges have made the judgement and the girl, according to law, has been kidnapped.
Apart from anything else, her education must be suffering badly as there is no way she can attend school.

What the girl wants she can have at an appropriate age when she is mature enough to decide, it's also two mature and logic adults making decisions in the best interests of the child and not for personal gains, that's one thing separating or divorcing adults seldom think about,

Gosh, you guys don't know the facts but already siding with the mother.

My kids in France were beaten by their mother and psychologically traumatized by and scared to be with her. Her boyfriend, a pilot was nasty to them and often beat them or left them outide the apartment overnight in the the cold. My daughter was hated by my ex wife since she was 3 years old. My kids even wrote letters to the judge detailing the abuse. Even I provided the judge with hospital reports of bruising from beatings and social service reports about the abuse. And by the way, the pilot's second son who was close to my kids finally jumped of the top of a building in  Paris and the first son ran off to Canada to get away from his father.

But as is normal in most divorce settlements, the judge doesn't consider this kind of factors, they award the kids to the wife as routine as they did in my case.

Shortly after our divorce where my wife got custody  of all the kids, she called the police and social workers and asked them to put three of our four kids into children's homes in Paris, home full of druggies, violent kids, problem kids in the city. They were 11, 13 and 14 at the time. I spent years trying to fight this in court. And in the meantime all three tried to suicide, were cutters etc. Even other  children's centres in France were supporting me because my kids had spoken to them and bringing this matter to the Juge pour les enfants. But the judge never helped my kids. Their only happiness was seeing me. Oh, and their mother committed two of my kids to mental hospitals, the last time was two years ago for my youngest, done out of spite and because she she wants to show them she can control their lives and because is very persuasive and judges and doctors tend to believe her because she can lie and cry and do whatever in order to get what she wants. Those decisions were confirmed by judges and they were wrong decisions that actually required my permission but my permission was never sought not respected. And when you have an eight year old boy who refused to go home after school for about two years and used to hang around somewhere outside until I got home because he was scared of his mother beating him, then you'll understand that judges often don't get it. They simply give kids to the wife no matter how abusive she might be. They don't put the welfare of the kids first. The put the rights of the mother first irrespective of what she is doing or has done in the past.

So that kind of naive response about judges decisions and the law....well if it is bad for the children then don't be surprised when fathers sometimes take drastic action.

Anyone with experience of divorce and custody battles probably know stories about fathers who do crazy things, take drastic actions, kidnap kids, kill their own kids, kill themselves, climb to the top of a crane and threaten to throw themselves off, or give up and live under bridges to avoid paying 90% of their earnings to the ex-wife to support the kids who are all living in his old house while he can only afford to live in a rented room etc. Fathers do some really crazy things sometimes.

The system is supposed to work, but if often doesn't. There is an underlying belief that in divorce cases the kids are better off with their mother.

Now my kids are older. Three refuse to speak to their mother. One is suing her. All four of them come to visit me each year and have a great relationship with me. They all know they were let down by the judicial system in France. They know that judges decisions are often wrong.

My point is just that there are two sides to every story, and, people who say the judge has made a decision and the child can choose when they are older just have no idea at all. It doesn't and shouldn't always work like that in the real world because judges often make mistakes and the children suffer as a consequence.

In this above case the father might just be angry that the wife has custody, or, the wife's boyfriend might be abusing the daughter and the father who does not have custody rights is willing to do anything to protect his daughter. We don't know the facts. Saying the judge has made a decision and sending the girl back for more abuse by the wife's boyfriend until she is old enough to choose which parent to live with, is that acceptable? Should the father step in even though the judge has given custody of the daughter to the wife?

As I keep saying, there are two sides to every story. The father might be nasty as everyone here seems to have decided or he might just be protecting his daughter. Two sides to every story folks.

abdulkhalil
Very sad what your children went through
I'm siding on the child's side
, fact of the matter is the father has taken his daughter illegally and they is a search for them all in Asia,
My children's mothers and I get on Like best friends, that was our mutual agreement, even after with them a new man was introduced or with me a new woman, your more likely to be listened to/ understood in a friendship rather than a hostile one
The father in this case will be caught and he will spend hard time in jail, and it's unlikely he will see his daughter for a period of time, he's without doubt unstable, in turn (if all found safe) his daughter will go through a traumatic time back home with social services, media attention and no doubt problems at school not just education side of things but her friends, probably bullying will come in to it, adults pointing and staring, what this child is and will go through could well have irreversible consequences

Yes well, my ex is french....and french will know this....get married, have kids, then divorce the husband, get the kids which automatically gets them the house and gets you enough money to live comfortably on the ex's monthly payments.

Also mine is very intelligent plus I think Bipolar or something like that, same as her mother. But intelligent enough to destroy anyone she no longer likes and able to manipulate anyone, as pretty women often can.

The only important thing are children, but I know very well that the system often lets them down. I also considered flying to the kids mental hospital where my son was 2 years ago to take him out for the day and then crossing the border to Spain and then to the UK. I thought about it because I was calling the hospital 2 or 3 times a week from Malaysia and the conditions were that I could only speak french and the calls were listened in by a nurse. And the fact that when I tried to speak with the doctor she was hostile from stories my wife had made up about me. My other kids were 100% in agreement with me and they were not even allowed to speak with my other son. They know it's the mother with the problem and not the son and she had persuades the doctor not to let his siblings call the hospital. By the way, after several months in the mental hospital they concluded there is nothing wrong with him.

So for the above missing girl, who knows the reasons why the father took the girl. Perhaps the wife tried to stop the father from visitation rights. Could be anything. But as a father who's kids have suffered from too many bad judges decisions that robbed them of the happy childhoods they deserved, I prefer to keep my mind open about why he took his daughter away until more information comes out.

The interesting thing about this missing girl is that the father and mother had joint / shared custody (according to some tabloids) and he was collecting her from school as the agreement, sole custody was granted 1 month after he Abducted her
They are also allegations that the father was abusive toward the mother (according to the tabloids) and the mother refused to take control of sole custody so the daughter could have a relationship with her father, again it could all be BS,
I'm sure this little girl misses her mother and would like nothing more than to see her or speak to her 7/8 months is an awful long time to deny any child any contact from either parent
Interpol are involved and Sulawesi is the focus at the moment

She didn't want sole custody but if he goes to prison she'll likely get it. And if they had joint custody he probably won't be able to contribute any money from prison.

Jakarta - Alum Langone Avalos (7), lost Argentinian girl found in Tana Toraja, South Sulawesi. Alum finally returns immediately to Mom's embrace.

Alum discovered the police while with his father, Jorge Gabriel Langone, and his father's girlfriend from Argentina. All three were found while eating in Toraja, South Sulawesi on Tuesday, February 6, 2018.

The plan, the South Sulawesi Police will submit Alum to the family on Wednesday (7/2/2018) approximately at 09.00 pm.

Just to update and confirm the above post

https://www.nst.com.my/news/crime-court … -indonesia

KUALA LUMPUR: The missing seven-year-old Argentine girl, Alum Langone Avalos, has been found and reunited with her mother, the Embassy of Argentina in Malaysia said.

In a statement today, the embassy said the girl, who was reportedly missing since June last year and seen in various parts of Malaysia, was located somewhere in Indonesia and the Argentine Embassy in Jakarta had confirmed the detention of her abductors yesterday.

“The great media attention that this news garnered has helped to create an awareness not only in Malaysia, but also in other Southeast Asian countries.

“Kind and helpful Malaysian citizens have reached out to assist in different ways and most importantly to report the locations of Alum and her abductors which led to the successful finding of them in Indonesia,” the embassy stated.

The embassy noted that Alum's mother Elizabeth Avalos was currently in Indonesia to reunite with her and in preparation to make their way back to Buenos Aires, Argentina with both embassies in Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta working together to ensure that Elizabeth could bring Alum home as soon as possible.

"All's well that ends well" and that she was found safe and sound resounds in that Shakespeare play title more than anything.

But of course...this is not truly resolved...not by a long shot. 

That will only come when the girl is old enough to make up her own mind as to which parent she would rather live with.

In the mean time, and like it or not, men and women...parties to a divorce involving kids, are subject to court decisions and the law.

The story hasn't ended.
seems he entered Indonesia illegally

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2018 … icide.html

Jorge Gabriel Langone, 42, an Argentine accused of kidnapping his daughter, Alum Langone Avalos, 7, reportedly attempted to commit suicide on Tuesday morning.

Langone, who has been detained at the Makassar Immigration Office detention center, reportedly slashed his wrist with a broken bottle. He was rushed to Wahidin Sudirohusodo Hospital in Makassar, South Sulawesi, where he is still being treated.