Good Conduct Certificate

Dear all,

I have been offered a job and have received the contract. However one of the requirements to get a work permit is to provide a “Good Conduct Certificate”. On my criminal record is being stated that back in 2010 I had been convicted for physical injuries (I was involved into a car accident and had no eye witnesses to prove it wasn't my fault) to a third party. I didn't have to pay a fine nor do a service as my previous record was clean. Unfortunately and based on the Greek law the sentence will only be cleared from my Certificate in October 2018. Can somebody advise me if this will impose a problem in getting a work permit?

I'm not quite sure we (longtime expats of uae) can offer you a good advice nor an answer as this is just new and we are not really affected by the law since it is only applicable for first timers. We would really appreciate if you can share your experience with us whatever the outcome is. Wish you best of luck!

I do thank you for your answer. I'll keep you posted, when I have further news.

Hello!

If it's gonna be mentioned on the Certificate then for sure it will cause a problem. But this is only based on my own understanding. However, maybe you can try asking them to move the clearance from October 2018 to today's date? I don't know if that is even possible but there's no harm in trying. Anyway, as you said, you didn't serve nor paid a fine as you didn't have any criminal record prior to that.

Crossing my fingers for you.

Dee