Janadirya

Who is planning on going ? maybe we can go together ? meet up there?

Went last year...its a good change... for those who have not been before its recommended...search the blog for last years...

Me and the Misses will be going again...so Kamii you can count us in.

kamiii wrote:

And that would be?????

♥ ♫ ♣ ☀ wrote:
kamiii wrote:

And that would be?????

?

I meant the event Janadirya.

But i get it now, so for all if your not familiar with it is as follows :

AL- Janadria Festival

AL-Jenadriyah is a culture and heritage festival held in Jenadriyah near Riyadh each year,this year

he festival opens with the opening ceremony master, and then varied events held, including:
Event :
    * Camel racing.
    * Operetta
    * Horse Racing and endurance.
    * Folk poetry.
    * Popular market.
    * Arts and popular games.
    * Unique heritage of the regions.
    * Folk costumes.
    * Book Fair.
    * Center for Documentation and pictures.
    * Governmental institutions and companies
    * Host country of the world to participate in the festival.

visit Start from 14 April to 17 April 2011 for men from 4:00 PM till 8:00 PM
for Family : from 18 April to 29 April 2011 from 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM.

I'm ready to go Thursday morning or afternoon

We were there last year..was a lot of fun. For people who dont think Saudis can have fun, you should see them let go and dance. Lots of stuff to buy and eat too.

Will be going on 28th hopefully with the missus. If anyone is interested, could meet up there.

ah111 wrote:

I'm ready to go Thursday morning or afternoon

Mornings are out...its too early...the event starts each day at 4pm and you will need a minimum of 3 hours! (be prepared to walk)

hmmmmm....i dun wanna go there...i heard one need to walk a lot and its dusty too:/

so we will go at 4:00 PM

nonz wrote:

hmmmmm....i dun wanna go there...i heard one need to walk a lot and its dusty too:/

Nonz...you have to walk in a shopping mall whats the difference...anyway as long as the day is nice...dust is not a problem...

Its very enjoyable and informative ...dont be a spoil sport...bring the hubby and enjoy a day out:cool:

sigh .. still haven't found time to go visit.. planning on going tomorrow.. directions any one ? and I have a replacement car from the rental company at the moment ( a old Yaris ) , is it good enough or shall I get it exchanged for something bigger ?

SaudiUK wrote:
nonz wrote:

Nonz...you have to walk in a shopping mall whats the difference...anyway as long as the day is nice...dust is not a problem...

Its very enjoyable and informative ...dont be a spoil sport...bring the hubby and enjoy a day out:cool:

But yar....i just read the detail of Janadirya activities....it sounds so boring.....i mean Helloooo camel and horse Race :o and all those boring parts including 3 hours walking...do u guys wanna kill me or what and i m already too big to be on anyone's shoulder :(

and kamii shut up...u been begging me to go along and now u r having plans here? :mad: dont u dare to ask me again.....Janaderia ka kia plan hai :mad:

huh ? i thought we agreed we are going to janadriya tomorrow ?

kamiii wrote:

huh ? i thought we agreed we are going to janadriya tomorrow ?

yeah!!! kindda but then why ya been offering your car ??? :mad:

huh ? read again .. i asked for advise whether Yaris is good enough to drive to there.. or shall I get a bigger car.. dumboo

kamiii wrote:

huh ? read again .. i asked for advise whether Yaris is good enough to drive to there.. or shall I get a bigger car.. dumboo

saley teri tou......:mad: which means.....u should have told me :)

get your running shoes out.. we are going to janadriya tonight..

kamiii wrote:

sigh .. still haven't found time to go visit.. planning on going tomorrow.. directions any one ? and I have a replacement car from the rental company at the moment ( a old Yaris ) , is it good enough or shall I get it exchanged for something bigger ?

I have something bigger

bigger isnt better.. :D:D

and anyway, its a nice place to spend some time. though yeah it can get dusty. was in riyadh during the weekend, but then dint feel like going all the way over to janadriya.. and anyway single guys are not permitted during the weekend!! :(

kamiii wrote:

get your running shoes out.. we are going to janadriya tonight..

I think we need to check on the dates.

From what I have been told its like last year -1st week is for bachelors only.

Families next week.

From my experience last years, its good place to visit..there are all sorts of exhibits something for everyone.

Directions....Follow Dammam sign and Jandriya is sign posted...
from Riyadh the options are

..either straight down Khurais Road and follow Dammam signs

or from East Ring Road, just after Granada foolow signs to Dammam.

Or junction 2 near Airport and its signposted

(Khurais Road directions is easiest to follow)

visit Start from 14 April to 17 April 2011 for men from 4:00 PM till 8:00 PM
for Family : from 18 April to 29 April 2011 from 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM.

You're right SaudiUK, first few days is men only. 

Hubby and I are going next Saturday with Haya Tours on a bus -pick up from Granada Mall - cos we don't have a car of any description :)

It will be my first time and I am looking forward to the next week's visit!

kamiii wrote:

Yaris will get you there...your not going across desert...(it may look like you are in the desert as you travel and see people parking in the desert miles away)....TIP drive all the way to the enterance (patience will be needed, which is seriously lacking in KSA)...and you can park in the official car park..

By the way there are no fees to attend or park for that matter, its a free event.

SaudiUK wrote:
kamiii wrote:

Yaris will get you there...your not going across desert...(it may look like you are in the desert as you travel and see people parking in the desert miles away)....TIP drive all the way to the enterance (patience will be needed, which is seriously lacking in KSA)...and you can park in the official car park..

By the way there are no fees to attend or park for that matter, its a free event.

you r scaring me more :sosad:...can i plz go in trolley ??

experience Jandriya at least once!!!

They are expecting some 2 million people to attend. (so it cant be that bad!)

A lil exercise never hurt anybody!

tell that to the poor tread ml

:sosad:  No naaaaa  :sosad:

okay guys, visited yesterday (Thursday) although it was a bit of wait to get there...traffic chaos. (tip keeping going up to main gate..easy parking)

Well worth the journey, enjoyable and a change (even though it was overcrowded)

Recommended :)

(try it Nonz...you may even enjoy it)

SaudiUK wrote:

okay guys, visited yesterday (Thursday) although it was a bit of wait to get there...traffic chaos. (tip keeping going up to main gate..easy parking)

Well worth the journey, enjoyable and a change (even though it was overcrowded)

Recommended :)

(try it Nonz...you may even enjoy it)

I would have thought if u had offered me to go with u :unsure

nonz wrote:

Kissi ko tu chour do...

@kammi: dont think Nonz is leaving anybody out, somebody offer the lady a free drive will ya? at least that will stop her complaining about walking! :D:D:D

RG..i have already offered her multiple times..is thr event still on..let me try again.

kamiii wrote:
nonz wrote:

Kissi ko tu chour do...

HAHAHAHAHAHA fffffffrryyyyyy you Kami :lol:  He is such a sweet considerate and a family guy and i meant with the family & he knows that...huh :|

and R.G,ya r right...actually even Kammi never offered me the ride,his offer is limited to Expat.com only :/

Jandriya last day is Friday 29 April.

Still time folks.

SaudiUK wrote:

Jandriya last day is Friday 29 April.

Still time folks.

why u mentioned this ???:(

in case you want to go...I did not offer you a lift ..apologies..magar aap nay bi lift ka mention na kiya...

someone may wish to go and offer you a lift:)

SaudiUK wrote:

in case you want to go...I did not offer you a lift ..apologies..magar aap nay bi lift ka mention na kiya...

someone may wish to go and offer you a lift:)

how could i have asked my self? and i didnt want a lift ,i wanted a company :mad:

pick me up too nonz once u r going.