How to connect electricity to a house that has none.

Hello,
I have recently bought a nice house in the cuntryside, albeit in very poor conditions
I've done some renovations and I'm living in it. But there is no electricity.
I have a meter outside, that is turned off and I cannot access to it, not even to connect my
house's electrical system, which is currently now running on an electric generator.
I have tried to speak with E-ON about connecting but they told me to write an email and wait up to a month only to have an answer on what to do. My romanian is up to zero and I know nobody, but from what I have been reading on various new-contract-samples, it appears a "avhiz de racordare" seems required but I have no idea how to get it?

Pls hlp <333

Yes, the process takes several months!  I've built a new house from the ground up, it took ~4 months from the time I first filed the applications until I had power on inside the house.  You'll need a stack of papers to get it done, several approvals from E-on as well as construction authorizations and other certificates from the city hall.

If you already have a meter, then the amplasament and racordare are already done but they may want new documents.  Is the house connected to the meter (bransament)?  If that's done, then you may only need to do a new contract for service.

Here's a link which may help:
https://www.eon-energie-romania.ro/clie … nlgxuclxK1

I wouldn't bother with emailing Eon, go to their offices, with a good speaker of Romanian.

Yes, the meter is mounted on the house, but I did a new electrical wiring in the house as the old one was demolished and dangerous. Now I don't know how to connect it to the meter as it's sealed. Thanks

DreadedFear wrote:

Yes, the meter is mounted on the house, but I did a new electrical wiring in the house as the old one was demolished and dangerous. Now I don't know how to connect it to the meter as it's sealed. Thanks

You cannot do it.  Eon, or one of their contract engineers must do it.

I also change my wiring. We called the electricity company and they came a day later to connect my new cables

It's Better to find someone that's speaks Romanian.

romaniac wrote:
DreadedFear wrote:

You cannot do it.  Eon, or one of their contract engineers must do it.

Agreed! Though it hasn't stopped some residents in our area! Before there was asfelt, some folks connected directly to a light pole. So far as I know, they still are. Even dug a trench that was a wheel breaker in the process 😲