Moving to Bien Hoa

Hey Expats! I just started working with ILA and I'll be moving to Bien Hoa next weekend, (Feb 9). I'm heading there this Saturday (Feb 3) to checkout the school and some apartments. Does anyone have any housing suggestions or is anyone in need of a temporary roommate? Or a permanent roommate? I'll take all the advice I can get.

Cheers!

Hello and greetings. I am very fond of Bien Hoa and extend my suggestions for your stay as follows

Look for an apartment in the Pegasus group of apartments for excellent location and quality of accomadation.
There is the Aurora Hotel which is good but overly expensive, more expensive than many better quality Hotels in HCMC
The best garden at a Restaurant is in BH, it is called 'Nha Vien Quan', unsupassed bu anything I have seen in Vietnam. The food is ok, the garden is superb. It is also partly a  museum and well worthy of a visit. There is also an amazing Japanese restaurant in BH called  'Amaterrace',
For seafood and food in general, try the 'Kaiserin', walking distance from Pegasus
There are also several lovely riverside garden restaurants and coffee bars with live music and lovely ambience

Welcome to the forum and best wishes for an enjoyable and fulfilling teaching experience on Vietnam.

There are other English teachers who you can call upon on this forum.

Mikeymac!

Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions!! I will make a point to check out the gardens and your other recommendations. Especially the Pegasus Plaza for apartments! Thank you.

Pegasus is a good place for living..

I know someone that's moving to Bien Hoa soon - they are looking to share accommodation.

I'll be moving out there later this week. Doubt there are many expats out there, but interested in finding a permanent living situation with some ASAP. Would you happen know anyone with a vacant spot? Cheers!

You will find a few expats in Bien Hoa. I worked out there for a short time but the school I was at broke our contract from day one (and continued) so I left after a couple of months. I hope things work out better for you.
Bien Hoa is a very nice city and most of the people I met were very nice.