Banking

Also wondering about the banking in HCMC?
I've noticed ANZ is there so wondering if it is easy to open accounts and transfer money back to my Australian accounts?

Thank you for all your advice.

SaigonSimon wrote:

Also wondering about the banking in HCMC?
I've noticed ANZ is there so wondering if it is easy to open accounts and transfer money back to my Australian accounts?

Thank you for all your advice.

Opening a bank acct here in VN won't be difficult.
However, transferring money to your Australian acct may not be that easy. You'll have to show a legitimate proof of your income (e.g. WP, business license, pay slips etc.) in Vietnam.

All banks (local and international) operating in Vietnam need to follow and implement the regulations imposed by the State Bank of Vietnam on outward remittance.

Ok thanks senwl. I'll be employed in VN so should have no issues showing a payslip.
Do you know of the best money transfer companies/fees available in VN or is a bank the safest way to go?

Cheers,

Simon.

SaigonSimon wrote:

Ok thanks senwl. I'll be employed in VN so should have no issues showing a payslip.
Do you know of the best money transfer companies/fees available in VN or is a bank the safest way to go?

Cheers,

Simon.

If you get employed with a Work Permit, the cheapest and easiest option is bank/wire transfer.

Edit:
Fees for outward remittance vary from bank to bank (as per their policy).
Before you open an acct in a bank, please discuss their outward remittance policy and fee.

Still it's way less than what the money transfer companies charge.

Great thanks for your feedback.

Cheers,

Simon.