Health Care

Wasn't sure where to post this. Health care related. I have relatives in the Philippines who self-insure themselves with health care. Works out just fine for them. Being a senior also buys you at least 20% off your bill just about with anything. I have looked into health insurance with Philippine carriers but it's not any cheaper than US carriers. Plus, there are too many stipulations. And coverage is not as good. All agents are after is commission. A large chunk of your premiums go to them. Which is the general rule in any insurance scheme in the Philippines.

I know a US citizen who is insured with GeoBlue. It's a US based company that covers medical and Rx when you are abroad for extended periods. They are pretty happy with them. It does not cost any less but the coverage is good. Plus it covers you when you are back in the US for a short period.

Hi Sam, perhaps you can rephrase you post into a question.  As I am not sure what you are seeking.

Cheers

pej1111 wrote:

Hi Sam, perhaps you can rephrase you post into a question.  As I am not sure what you are seeking.

Cheers

Thanks. Not really asking a question. More like sharing information. If anything, I'm curious how expats insure themselves in the Philippines.

For me, self insurance is the only viable way, have a large sum of money set aside at the start of my expat life, add to this each year and then when I hit 90 spend it on a private live in Nurse.

PS there is already a post that covers a lot of this

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=743270

pej i like the idea if live in nurse, how great will that be, must be young slim and beautiful.