EP approval chances.

Folks need some evaluation.  I know MOM is being strict with all the EP applications these days, but I just wanted to get some thoughts on my approval chances or would I be considered in the favourable category.

Age-26  / Single
Nationality - Indian.
Salary - 95K
Domain - data science.

I have been already living in Singapore for 2+ years now and have decided to switch companies.
I was earning 75K before the switch.

Chances are relatively good as data science profile is in demand. Certainly it gives your application favourable. Good luck

You can use the SAT tool on MoM's website for a first, rough check of whether you're eligible.

Just got a Reject . Which is very shocking and disheartening, although I still don't know the reasons behind it.

Sorry to hear the result, not sure what went against you, may be MoM categorised you as a job hopper. After review what could be the possible reason for rejection, then request your employer to appeal and provide additional information. Good luck

surya2k wrote:

Sorry to hear the result, not sure what went against you, may be MoM categorised you as a job hopper. After review what could be the possible reason for rejection, then request your employer to appeal and provide additional information. Good luck

I have had just 2 jobs in last 4.5 years. I don't think this is job hopping. Also, it's fairly common to switch 3 companies in first ~8 years if you are working in Software engineering & startups.

Understand your point, which is fair. If you read your own statement, it seems every 2 yrs you changes a job. It may be common in your industry but we never known what MoM officer thinks. Anyway, as said earlier, review your documents and details submitted in your application and see if anything you could add into that, then your employer can appeal MoM to reconsider. Good luck

Just to update everyone. I was approved but downgraded to S-PASS.  Strange, I know people with twice the experience then me and getting EP approved with less salaries than this.

So here you have it, young engineers earning greater than 100k with bonus in a niche domain, can still get an EP reject. Times are changing.

Congrats, not sure the reason but guessing that either MoM didn't recognise your degree or you don't have enough experience for considering an EP. There are several factors considered before giving an EP. So, salary is not the only criteria here.

As I said I was holding an EP earlier and a holder since 2015. My university is recognized it is one of the national universities in India.

Recently, EP selection criteria has changed. So, there is no guarantee that earlier EP holder would get EP this time. If your university is well recognised then possibly experience or age factor could be one of the reason for not getting an EP.