Visa for South Africans

I am a South African citizen and I entered Kenya without a visa but I can only stay for 30 days. I need to apply for a tourist visa as I am staying for 3 months. I am unable to do so online because there is no option to select "South Africa" under Nationality.

If anyone can give me any information on what to do, I would really appreciate it!

Hi,

You can apply for a special permit which is valid for three months and can be renewed twice for a total of 9 months stay. I did mine like that while waiting for my work permit.
This is done at Dept of immigration in Nyayo House, just off Uhuru Highway. Go with an Uber parking is a headache.  Best to get there early it's a bit of a que. If you are here working for a company it will be much easier if they do the application.

Regards
K

A Special Pass may not apply to you, as its usually issued to those doing things like volunteer work, temporary work, waiting for work permits and so on.  If you are a tourist, its not the correct visa.  It also costs Ksh 15,000 per month.  Considerably more than a 90 day entry permit.

However, you should be able to apply for a 90 day extension.  For those of us who enter Kenya with a visa have the right to make one in-country application to extend it by 90 days.

As above, you do this, in person at Nyayo House.  Take some passport photos with you (there is no photo booth at Nyayo House) and a I seem to remember that passport photos are needed.