Schools for teenagers..

Hi, we have teenagers, two of whom will be doing gcse in the next two years.. Which are the best non paying schools in Alicante area? Basically the town we are in is going downhill fast so desperate to get to Spain for a new start. 
I have looked at the Kings College which obviously is a very good school just expensive..
Thank you, any tips will be greatly appreciated..
Niki

Hi what town you in is it Oldham I'm from there it's going down hill fast I'm moving to quesada I've got a 14 year old boy trying to find him a school myself

Hi, At the moment we are in a tiny  town in North Devon. The husband or kids don't really want to go,
We haven't really picked a town yet to go to..
When do you plan to move?
Regards Niki

Which are the best non paying schools in Alicante area?

If you want your children to enter a school run by the government rather than pay for one privately then you do not get a choice they are sent to the nearest one(s).
I have never seen any reports on which schools are the best performers in Spain.

Seriously, if the husband and kids are not keen then why drag them?

Sounds like a recipe for disaster, Spain isn't easy at the best of times. Work is hard to come by and throwing teenagers in at the deep end in a Spanish school is only going to set them behind a year or two or worse.

You wont find a free school here that does not teach in Spanish and unless your kids are fluent they are better served finishing their schooling in the UK and then maybe reconsider it.

Maybe a change in scenery in the UK is more what you are after, jobs will be easier to find, pay better and your kids wont be put a year back in school.