Short stay business visa for me and tourist visa for spouse.

Hello,

I have to visit Netherlands for 2 weeks for business visit sponsored by my company. I wish to take my spouse too. How can I proceed?

I understand I need two VISA- a business one for me and tourist for spouse but what about letter of invitation or sponsorship etc.

Please help me friends.

Thanks,
Surya

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

All the information you are asking for can be found on the Dutch Government IND website; please follow these links:

Business Visit
Tourist

At the bottom of each page is a step by step process for you to follow.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks for the reply.

I read the links but don't understand the process exactly.

The company will provide the letters for me i.e. for the business VISA but what about tourist VISA? Do I need to apply it as a separate tourist VISA or do I need to ask the employer to provide a letter for spouse too. Things like this. I don't know if the employer will be willing to give sponsorship to my spouse.

I don't want to the application rejected for some stupid reason, therefore, I want to be absolutely sure what I am doing.

Thanks,
Surya

surya23a wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I read the links but don't understand the process exactly.

The company will provide the letters for me i.e. for the business VISA but what about tourist VISA? Do I need to apply it as a separate tourist VISA or do I need to ask the employer to provide a letter for spouse too. Things like this. I don't know if the employer will be willing to give sponsorship to my spouse.

I don't want to the application rejected for some stupid reason, therefore, I want to be absolutely sure what I am doing.

Thanks,
Surya

You don't apply for your wife's visa, she must do this herself at the nearest Dutch Embassy/Consulate to where you live.  For your wife, a copy of a hotel reservation for the duration will suffice, she does not need to use the sponsorship route.

Great. This is what I wanted to be sure about.
Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Surya