Can I get a job in China.

Can I get work in China? I am postgraduate in Zoology. I have 4 years experience in Entomology. I have good computer knowledge also.

Hi Juvinjose,

Do you speak and understand the language ?

For more details here are some good advices : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 85#4040963

You may also read the articles under the Work in China section of the Guide, you will find some useful links to jobs boards in each article.

All the best,
Bhavna

You probably will be able to get a job as a English teacher. However, you will need to obtain a ESL or TEFL equivalent, and show evidence of two years teaching English as a foreign language. Then you will need to come to China on a visitor visa, and apply at schools in person.  They will then transfer your visitor visa to a working visa.

The salary for an English teacher is approximately the same as a zoologist.

To  get a job or a position in your field will be difficult. You will need to PROVE that you can provide something that Chinese zoologists cannot. However, it is not impossible. I would suggest that you search LinkedIN and run daily searches under your field for HK, China, Taiwan, Singapore. Locate the companies that you are interested in, and contact the management directly.

Good luck.

Yes , you can find employment ,,,,through personal contacts or LinkedIn. Trade shows or Festivals are also great Networks. There are many other opportunities,   apart from teaching

Hey,Am Gondo Sophia from Uganda can anyone help me get a job in China that will help finance my visa and air ticket and will be providing accommodation,have a degree in public administration