New members of the Trinidad and Tobago forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Trinidad and Tobago forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Trinidad and Tobago if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi! I'm from Venezuela. I'm looking for go out to another country and I'm studying Trinity and Tobago.
I have read that life cost is almost $900 in a month, however it seems that minimum salary is about $340. It means life cost is high there.
By the way, which web page do you recomend in order to find a good company in the oil/gas industry?

Hi!
I'm Romanian and i like to travel a lot, which amongst other things, got me to Trinidad. Once here, i met a boy and he stole my heart, so i came back to reclaim it. It didn't work. Now i'm rather involuntarily stuck in Trinidad. I am struggling to cope, basically just to survive in this country. So far it hasn't been very friendly to me, i'm having a hard time getting around and doing anything. I've no friends, no place to stay, no job, no money. And my visa expired, so i'm not even legal. I'm not a tourist anymore, i feel just like a stranger, an unwanted immigrant. I'm camping on the beach and trying to buy another day.
Maybe it's too much to ask, but does anyody has any advise in these areas:
- survival techniques
- earning cash
- eating healthy without spending much
- free therapy
- hiking groups that don't charge money
- environmental organizations that accept volunteers without charging

Thank you!

Hello, I'm Annette Bernard,  a local of T & T.  I am a mother of two young adults, and live in Diego Martin.  I have worked for expats for many years first in our Tour and Taxi company, Trump Luxury Tours and Taxi Service.  We worked for Bptt, Repsol, Shell, BHP Billiton and for the former British Gas. 
Over the last 16 + years we have organized yacht charters, tours of our islands, events Management services and Housekeeping services. These all fall under the umbrella of our company ***

Hello im Okolo lives in Trinidad from Guyana joined the expat last year however couldn't find my account for a while so i sign up again....
I'm self employed by running a small business however with the drop in the economy im in seacrh of a part time job... Maybe something online where i can work with flexibility

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=830393

Thanks!

Closed