New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

I am very intetested in what you have to say because i also receive an Australian Pension. I dont have a problem here but i want to know the cost of medicines in Thailand and treatment in hospital. From what i have seen medical insurance is very expensive.

I am a 35 year old female from Singapore and will moving to Bangkok next month. Would like to make some new friends and settle into this new environment. Any tips/recommendations on where to stay, how to live life like a local, exciting activities happening in this vibrant city etc is more than welcome!

I would like to help you but i am in the same situation. Can you speak any Thai? I would appreciate any tips you can give me before i arrive in October or places where you might know about that other expats go to.

Hi everyone! Im Giljame Llanes, from Philippines..
Im planning to visit Thailand by next month, anyone can help me recommend any legitimate company/ factory for copy paper with contact person and number..

Hello, Everyone.
I will be moving to Bangkok next year for my master studies.
I will try to get a job over there as my class hours are in the evening, I will be free until 6 PM.

Hi Davo, my name is Barry, I am about to apply for a retirement visa to live in Thailand, I am an aged pensioner from sunny Queensland. On the requirements, they have 800000 baht in a bank account, I have more than this in Australian Dollars in an Australian bank. My only query is they ask for 65000 baht monthly income as you are possibly fully aware the aged pension is around 40000 baht. which exceeds the cost of living in Thailand. Can you advise me of the way to solve this problem?

It is 800,000 baht in a thai bank account, OR, 65,000 baht income per month.
Also you can do a combination of the 2, to add up to 800,000.

It is a bit hard to have 800000 baht in a Thai bank account when you don't have an account and trying to get a visa to retire in Thailand.

No that isn't right Barry 343. For a retirement visa the money can be in an Australian bank account

If you are an american , the only bank that you must contact is Bangkok Bank PCL which is the only bank in Thailand that have contract with U.S. government offices like SSA to transfer the money to the beneficiary . However , if the money is  not from the U.S. government offices , you can use any banks at your choice no need to use BBL.

For Australian , you should find out if there is any specific bank in Thailand needed by your government. If they allow you any banks , then , it will up to your choice.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Hi!

I've been teaching in the US for 20 years, run a really cool innovative high school program.  Former diplomat and activist.  Looking at moving to Thailand in the next couple of years and will be visiting for most of August this year.  Would be interested in talking to people who work in BKK, Phuket, Chiang Mai in education, refugee assistance, anti-trafficking. 

Thanks!
Steve

Thanks Pete

Hi, Im Hasbi from KL. I would like to seek opportunity in Thailand. Experiences in health, safety and environment division and mainly in oil and gas. Searching out for a job in Thailand but is seems to be difficult as i have a limited contact on the business in Thailand. Should anyone has any news on opportunity, kindly please let me know.

Thanks,

Have a good days all EXPAT!!

I am amazed that you can not only move from another country and find accommodation etcetera but you also want to work in a place you know nothing about. Presumably you cant speak Thai. You said you don't have any contacts in Thailand. Is that correct?

Hi,  at present, I have no set in stone plans about when I will come to thailand.  Sept will be my Target month.  I have not decided where I want to settle in Thailand, or if I want to just be free like the wind.  I am considering buying and exporting textiles to the U.S.  My research has shown most of textile factories are close to bangkok and surrounding area.  I will just have to see what I can figure out when i get there.  years ago, I stayed in Taiwan for two years and bought directly from the factories.  Hoping to do use the same approach in Thailand since thailand seems like a nice place to hang for a few months or so.  I am self financed, as I draw three retirement checks each month.

Hello everyone,my name is Andy  and like many of you here i have been coming to Thailand for many years .i have been married to a thai lady for four years and want to live with her in Thailand , i meet all the criteria  for Thai residency  but i have had a tumour removed from my neck recently .My question is does anyone know of a good medical insurance for a pre existing  condition. Thanks Andy

Welcome to the forum

May be someone has an answer for you regarding medical insurance cover. Some do not cover preexisting conditions but some will cover them but only after a time, say 12 months or more.

Thanks stumpy for that information ..? Do you know of a reasonable health insurance in thailand as i am getting silly quotes as much as £80 per week thats a lot of baht hahahahah

Hi there everyone,
Thanks for a great forum!
We are are a family of four (ages 44, 37, 9,6) from Johannesburg, South Africa looking at moving to Phuket.

I have 4 questions for anyone who could
perhaps assist me:

1.) Visa?
Our income that would sustain our day to day living in Phuket will come from a number of rental properties that we have in Soith Africa, therefore we would not be applying for a work visa, because of our ages I understand that we can not apply for a retirement visa either so any advice in which visa we would apply for and for how long would we be able to reside in Phuket?

2.) Tax?
Would we have to pay tax in Thailand on the income we would be bringing in monthly from South Africa? And if yes do you know how much percentage wise?

3.) Income?
Would and income of 150 000 thai baht be enough for a family of four to live comfortably in Phuket, we are looking at one of the quieter islands (international schooling would need to be in our budget)

4.) Suggetions on good family parts of Phuket to settle would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks for any info that can be provided  :-)
Candice

Hello everyone,  I am Christine from Africa, I would like to work in Thailand, I am a diploma holder and experienced in Secretarial duties, Customer care/Receptionist. I can also help out at home as a nanny. All I need is a job to enable me secure the future of my two little angels. Anyone out there who is willing and able  to help will be highly appreciated.

Hi,

I am Vivek Ravi from India. I  would like to  work in Thailand. I had experience in Thailand  in Accounts & Admin.  Anyone  who  is willing to help will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Vivek Ravi

Hello Everyone ,

I am so glad being part of expat , i just find it as a recommendation form one of my friends. I am Nour from Egypt eager to move one more time to Thailand , I have no idea why my heart attached to Thailand. Anyways i am happy being part of Expat. I am doing law and management i have English and Arabic as Fluent and a bit of french. Searching for a job in Thailand. As well as eager for having new friends like you.

Thank you

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please note that you are on the anglophone forum. You should write in english only. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello guys,

I live in Phuket since last October and I am looking forward to make new friendships.
If you want to meet, swim or have a chit-chat just let me know. :)

Hi. Can i ask what you do to have an income in Thailand?
I am planning to move and stay there this year with my Thai wife and our kids. But I must look for a job or start some business?
Hope to hear from you..

Kind regards ,
Ken

im 70 yrs old. been to pattaya 4 months last winter and am moving back sept26. i will rent a studio apt. then shop for condo after that probably near immigration office. some kind of work would be beneficial for small extra income but not have to. like the weather and the sites. maybe see one of you there!  im from washington state in america

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.Com and thank you for your introduction.

@ Ken, always think about posting the member's username, otherwise he/she won't know whether your question is addressed to him/her. Also, if you have something in particular to ask a member on this thread, you could send him a private message, click on the avatar > send a message.

In any case, if you need info, feel free to create your own thread on the Thailand forum, so that members can guide you.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi I come from Sweden and are a family man married with Suda my wife hos from Udonthani, Thailand.
We have to suns Daniel 11 and Erik 8 years old. We are now living in Lamai aria on the beautiful island Koh Samui. I'm interested in a Healthy and good Living here in Lamai,
And I also like, Golf, Snorkeling, Pol, and would also like to learn to play Boules,
And get to make some new friends here on Koh Samui. :top:

Dear sir / mam

My self sugam from Kolkata (India) , I completed my studies from Kolkata and from last 6 year i am working with Pharmaceuticals marketing with various company and now I am working with Alembic pharmaceutical Ltd as marketing manager bihar hospital business in Patna.

Now I want to work in Thailand.

So kindly do as possible as.

Regards
Sugam Yadav

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security

hi my name is karyn first timer. my hubby and I are planning to move to thailand. we have been holidaying there every year for the past 10 years. trying to decide were to live?
we like rawaii and around that area, but also looking at hua hin, any suggestions.

No

I will go swimming with you anytime but i have to get to Phuket first

Hey guys, I'm tevia and I'm moving to thailand next month as I got a job offer there. Only thing is i need some help and advice on how to live there, such as what kind of phone network provider should i get, what bank should i open my saving account, what brand of wifi and all that? My salary i believe would be like 36k ish thai baht per month, do you think thats enough for a persons cost of living there including rent and food and all? What do you think tho let me know. I'll work in bangkok in united building or something. All that aside i would love to meet and get to know new friends so hmu, thank you

"Sawat-dii khrap" to one and all, I am Ceri, returning to live and hopefully, work in Thailand after a 9-year period living & working in Burma, before which time I lived & worked in Thailand for about 15 years.  I'm a primary school teacher, normally, but I'm finding it difficult to even get an interview this time round - schools don't seem to realise they should reap the benefits of my 28 years teaching experience.
If you're the Principal of a school which currently has suitable vacancies, please get in touch with me.
Thanks for reading.

Hi there

How are you doing?
Just want to have some friends who live in Perth now.
I live in BKK now.

Nice to meet you!

On

What field are you in

Hi there!

Nice to meet you.
Just want to make new friends!
I am working in BKK and I am Thai.
Just let me know what I can suggest.

Talk to you later.
Have a good day!

On

Hey onjira, is there a way i could find property to rent somewhere near bang rak with price around 10k and below? I used the internet but they seem shady and so expensive, is there any way you could help me? Thanks

Hi ExPat Community.  My name is Rob.  I have been to Thailand 6 times in the last 20years and love the country.  I have a doctorate of pharmacy degree (Pharmacist) and am wanting to move to thailand in early 2019 and start a new chapter of life.  Tired of working in the corporate world and ready for a different culture and pace of life.  Recently laid off by my current company after our drug got rejected by the FDA, so the time is right to make a move. 

I am looking primarily at Pattaya area to relocate.  I would be interested in hearing about any possible jobs that a native English speaking guy like myself could be the right fit for.  Willing to do almost anything as long as it pays more than teaching English (I have looked into this).

I also welcome new contacts so I could build a friend base in Pattaya.  Can be daunting just moving there without knowing anyone. 

Thanks and appreciate any assistance.

Rob

Hi everyone. I live in the USA and would like to relocate to the Chiang Mai, Thailand area for the 2019-2020 academic year (September 2019-August 2020). I currently teach economics, financial management of the firm, investments, and economic development international related courses at a top tier research university. During our stay in Thailand, I would be interested in teaching at either the secondary or post-secondary level or volunteering on an environmental sustainability project. If Thailand is a good fit for my family, we would be interested in establishing a more permanent residence.

My mother is from northeastern Thailand but lives in states. My father speaks like a  Thai farmer fluently so I am somewhat familiar with the Thai culture. My husband and I have both traveled, studied, and worked abroad and we think we are up to the challenge of living in Thailand if we can utilize our skill sets to pass the time over the next decade.

If anyone on this forum has any advice to help with the transition, we would be sincerely grateful. As we have a year to prepare, we are particularly interested in learning about what technical skills might be beneficial in acquiring before we move. Since I am attached to a university, enrolling in courses is an option for me.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Closed