New members of the Singapore forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi Beppi,

Yes, of course. We have spoke recently in another topic.

I had an offer last month, but MoM reject it. And now I have another offer from different company. I can only pray......

Above all, thanks for your support.

Thanks,
Toni

Hello all..my employer just emailed me that when they post the vacancy online..there are 9 local candidates who respond on the posting. Does my e pass application will be successful?my employer want to justify why they hired foreign talent..

Hai tonz99..why did Mom reject ur application??

Hi,

Unfortunately, in my case I could not know it. All I can say is :
1. You need to engaged your employer (future employer) so that if it is rejected they will support you.
2. Do a self checking on what can go wrong, read closely and understand the application form so you won't missed.

No 2 is the one I tried today, to find the reason, thanks to "all" the guys here at least I'm not walking in the dark.
Here is the link:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 51#4220399

Good luck.

Pearlangelie:
Unsuccessfully searching for local hirees is a pre-condition to hire a foreigner. The employer has not concluded that process yet (and with 9 applicants will have to give a very good explanation why none of them is appropriate for the job).
Only after that they can apply for your EP. Any application before that (or with explanation that MoM deems insufficient) will be rejected.

Beppi..
Thank you for ur ideas..it helps me a lot.

Hi...How's life in singapore?

retuya77 wrote:

Hi...How's life in singapore?

Good.
Why do you ask?

Hello everyone,

My husband and I will move to Singapore this june 25th,he holds Entrepreneur visa and as for me im still waiting for my s pass visa while looking for a job here, we have problem of finding apartment online ,would you guys suggest whole unit or master room is also fine if we rent it out as a couple ?

cheers

Welcome to Expat forum, did you and your husband go through the requirements of an Entrepreneur Pass (“EntrePass”)?

He has to incorporate his business in Singapore and wait till his pass gets renewal before he can apply for any dependent pass.

You can eligible to get a work pass (EP or S pass) only after an employer hired you and willing to sponsor your visa. So, I'm not sure what do you mean by “for me im still waiting for my s pass visa while looking for a job here”.

Please be noted that your husband can apply for the Dependant's Pass for family members only after the first visa renewal and meeting certain criteria (spending at least 150,000 SGD by his business and creating at least 4 local job positions).

Finally, pertaining to your house rental question, we have provided enough information in accommodation category and cost of living category. Spend some time to go through the threads in each category to clear your doubts, if any. Good luck

Hello!
My name is Silvia, 24 y.o. Italian girl and I will move in Singapore to work starting from the beginning of August.
Hope to meet some young expat like me!

Welcome to Singapore, you can reach out FB Italian community here or you can find plenty of expats from other countries living in Singapore.

thank you mr surya for your advices,it's very helpful.
looking forward to move to Singapore :)

Hi all,

I am looking for Service Crews for an upcoming Gelato takeaway shop, but due to it being a newly incorporated company, I need to adhere to the foreign worker quota. Are there any dependent pass or long term visit pass holders keen in this role?

lydia-2081 wrote:

I am looking for Service Crews for an upcoming Gelato takeaway shop, but due to it being a newly incorporated company, I need to adhere to the foreign worker quota. Are there any dependent pass or long term visit pass holders keen in this role?

If you're not allowed to hire foreigners, it is better to accept this. Any attempt to circumvent the rules or even the spirit of the rules will be dealt with harshly by the Singapore authorities. (In addition, foreigners on LoC are supposed to be exceptions, not the rule!)
I hope you can find locals for your open positions.

I'm Senior software developer and my EP was applied on 28th May 2018 and still I'm having pending status on MOM site(20th June 2018), Is it takes that much time to get approve a pass ?

hello everyone !
me and my husband has officially move in singapore now,we are staying around serangoon // braddel area,, i'd like to ask is there any running group that i can join in on weekends and how to join ? any info is highly appreciated.

My EP got approved straight from pending - no vetting luckily.

Applied on June 18th, approved June 29th. Good luck to those still waiting.

HI ,My EP were applied june 19 and  And june 28 my agent gave me message MOM asked hired company  the reason of why to choose me and what are the skill that is found in my skill and is that not found in local candidate ?. So My company submitted requirement document back  to MOM 3 July. But today i check still pending. May i get idea please. Thanks.

You had PM me and I asked you to read through previous threads as we have addressed this question few times already. There is nothing unusual in your case.

MoM always looks into:
1. the salary offered is, whether upto the market standard,
2. the employer must have a good reputation in the market (means keeping balance between local workforce and foreigners),
3. the skill sets the employee possess is rare and many locals don't have it (MoM may ask employer to show them how many local people were interviewed and what was the reason they were rejected etc).

Based on the employer's rationale, MoM would consider to approve the EP or S pass (depends on qualifications criteria).

So, have patience and if you have any further questions, then first read through various threads (you may select specific categories for your easy reference).
Good luck

Hi,

I'm Jia Jin(JJ) from Paramount Resources. A Human Resource company. We process work visas for expats on a daily basis. Thus we do post job openings here as well as other places. But if you have any Ministry of Manpower questions or if you have any issues with your work visas, do feel free to write to us. We will be happy to assist!

Hello I'm Ahmed sabbir. I currently doing a job as a Enectrical Technician. I want to move in Portugal for a good career. I completed Diploma In Electrical Engineeeing in 2015. But I don't know how to apply for migration for Portugal. Can you help me please?

Ahned Sabbir Khan wrote:

Hello I'm Ahmed sabbir. I currently doing a job as a Enectrical Technician. I want to move in Portugal for a good career. I completed Diploma In Electrical Engineeeing in 2015. But I don't know how to apply for migration for Portugal. Can you help me please?

If you consult a world map, you will notice that Portugal is not anywhere near Singapore.
I suggest you post this in the relevant country forum instead!

Hi everybody,
I will move in Singapore starting from August, I am from Italy and I hope I will meet some expats to go out for a coffee and discover the city, cheers!
Claudio

Hey hey everyone,

I'm moving to Singapore from the US in early August and I'm originally from Vietnam.  I'm basically on my own looking for housing/accommodation before starting work, so looking forward to making some new friends here!

Hi Julien.

I'm Malaysian. 41 year admin executive currently working in Kuala Lumpur.

I'm looking for ny opportunity to work at Singapore.

Please let me know if anyone looking for a management support staff over there.

please do email me at ***

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security

This is Wendy.

I am from the UK. Born and bred in Shanghai.

Hope to get to know u guys better over tea.

Hello All.
My name is Anastasia. My husband and I moved here from Indonesia 2 months ago. I am housewife with 2 daughters.

Looking forward to get new friends and meet fellows Indonesian in Singapore

Anastasiayo wrote:

Hello All.
My name is Anastasia. My husband and I moved here from Indonesia 2 months ago. I am housewife with 2 daughters.

Looking forward to get new friends and meet fellows Indonesian in Singapore

Welcome to Expat forum.

hi im rmac0481 (ronald)  from philippines my employer applied me for spass on  18jul18 and yesterday application status is rejected and my employer said mom reason is no quota but my employer showed me today that they have 1 quota for spass and 5 for work permit, please advise
i already spass holder since 2008 in the same company and now i shifted to other company my spass was rejected.

Ronald: If missing quota was the only rejection reason and your employer has quota space now, they should appeal against the rejection.

Welcome to Singapore.

Hello everyone,  I am Christine from Africa, I would like to work in Singapore, I am a diploma holder and experienced in Secretarial duties, Customer care/Receptionist. I can also help out at home as a nanny. All I need is a job to enable me secure the future of my two little angels. Anyone out there who is willing and able  to help will be highly appreciated.

Ttrinah1: I see that you posted the exact same message on the Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand forum.
That won't work!
Also, your message sounds like "I am willing to do anything", rather than "This is what I can achieve fo you: ..."
That also won't work!
To move abroad needs determination, hard work and a sense of what you want to and can do. You need to focus on one country, one kind of job and show serious effots towards that, like learning the language and culture, doing reserach about your chosen industry, etc.
You also must convince a potential employer that it is in his/her own interest to hire you (after all, it is them who want help, and they are no charity!). Therefore you need proven skills and work experience in your chosen field.
And last not least, you need to have something that sets you apart from the locals (who are always easier to hire than foreigners) to make the extra effort worthwhile for an employer.
In addition, at least in Singapore, you will not be able to work as domestic helper (nanny/maid), because you are not from one of the approved source countries (all of them in Asia). And even if you manage to work in Singapore, it is uncertain if you can bring your two "little angels" - that requires a salary above S$6000/month, something university graduates achieve only after several years of working.

I am Issah planning to live and work in Singapore . I have bsc in Administration With a major in insurance.  Can I get work easier in Singapore.

Issah: Your chances to fins a job in Singapore depends largely on your special skills and experience.
As a fresh graduate, with nothing that sets you apart from local students, you will face difficulties.

thank you beppi,
they submitted the appeal last aug3 , still pending.
please advise, which one have the highest percentage of spass / epass approval applying tru third party agent or directly applied by employer.
thank you again please advice

Rmac0481: Very clearly direct applications by employers - MoM does not like to deal indirectly through agents!

hi beppi,
Thank you, maybe you are right because i already spass holder for 9 years and my previous vompany direstly applied my spass and renewal is very past.
my new employer small company and they engaged with agents to apply work permits. they first applied me lasy julý 18 and rejected and reapplied again aug3.
i hope this time is positive.

Small companies face more scrutiny than big, established ones when hiring foreigners.

Closed