New members of the Russia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi! My husband and I and our two boys will be traveling in Moscow and St. Petersburg this August. We are trying to find a babysitter..the American definition, meaning someone who can come as needed, maybe 5 or 6 nights and stay in the apt with the boys while we go out for the evening. This is proving very very difficult as it seems they don't have this concept of childcare in Russia?? The only thing we find are offers for full time nannies or teachers ( ?) who want a huge hourly sum.  Can anyone who currently lives in Russia help us out?

Hi!
My name is Daniel Success King, I'm from West Africa, Sierra Leone. I'm in Russia, Moscow now and interested in learning the Russian Language.

Hi everyone

I just want to introduce myself.I am a 40 year old South African male , looking to move to Russia.As you all should know the situation here in South Africa ...the country is falling apart due  corruption and White genocide.I have seen that Russia welcoming South Africans with open arms..So i was thinking of moving to Russia myself, but have no idea where to begin.Russia is a solid and well manage country and i have met a few Russian people and find them very interesting and friendly.i have 18 years experience  in various fields in the IT industry. Certification in bookkeeping.I would appreciate some advice and getting to know more Russian people.

Hello! My name is Ekaterina and I'm here to introduce myself. I live in Moscow. I'm not an expat but I've been working with expats in Moscow for years as I'm a professional teacher of Russian to foreigners. I can't help you if you have questions regarding documents or housing. But if your question is about the language, I'm here to assist you!

I have never practiced baby sitting. I think there should be an american who does it for your boys as there is a big cultural difference between the countries and the responsibility is extremely high. What if one of the boys insures himself while playing?...

Hello Ekaterina,
Thank you for your response.
I would like to know if it is easy to find families with young children who need private english tutor, short term or long term depending on what the family wants. 
My plan is to travel around Russia for 3 mos. or more,  and do some private english tutoring job on the side.  I am willing to get all the required documents.
I am a Canada-Philippine citizen, been living in Canada for over 40 years. 
Nelia

Hello, my name's Bob or Robert, either are appropriate.  I am in Atlanta and looking to move.  From a financial perspective it makes a lot of sense seeing how the cost of living is so much less in Russia.  I can bring a lot of my clients with me so the transition should be relatively easy.

There are many different agencies here that will assist with the acquisition of the spousal visa and my hope is there are some that will assist with the long-term work visa to Russia.

Does anyone know of any that perform this service?  I have a tourist visa but am limited to a 90 day stay.  I would like to be able to travel in and out at will and would like to retain my American citizenship.  This will not be forfeited but retained and to have the ability to work there and live at a lower cost is enticing.

If someone can help I would appreciate it.  This proposed move is incredibly complicated and to understand the system ad what is expected would make this a lot easier.

Thanks in advance!

Roger that. 

Enjoy and it IS your business.  Do not worry about other's opinions, if it is right for you AND LEGAL then who cares?

Hope you enjoyed the soccer matches and had a safe visit!

I am a new member, visited Russia for the first time in 2015 and fell in love with the country. And then met a Russian lady who stole my heart

Hi, happy to see you in Moscow.

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + register in the business directory

Hello there! My name is Viktoriya,im Russian 32y.o. I live in Novosibirsk and i'm interested in helping you feel comfortable in new city and would love to show you beautiful and fun parts of living in Novosibirsk and Siberia. I offer help with daily routine that can be stressful if you dont know language: re ting flat, vuying pillows, solve problem if your neighbors flooded you, find places where you can do your hobby. Also i love to travel by car and would love to take you to the shore for bbq or travel to Krasboyarsk or Altay just for weekend to see awesome places)

Hello everyone,

I am Annie and come from South Africa. Originally born in Zimbabwe and have traveled to many countries. I will be in Russia officially next week and looking to do some interesting things.

Hi everyone, I'm Alex or Alexander what is better for you. Glad to be here. Mainly working as MTM-consultant in Moscow and as fashion men's stylist. Will be happy to find friends here. Thanks.

I'v lived in Cape Province South Africa currently residing in Cape Town,
I wish to live in Saint Petersburg as I have a son living there which I have not seen in 10 years & wish to re-unite with him.
I am looking for employment in Russia & hope to immigrate as soon as possible
I have a Grade 12 high school diploma.Westridge High School-Durban-1979
National technical certificate, construction. Cape Technikon/1986-1988/2 years – Diploma: Contracts Management. Cape Technikon/1989-1992/3 years – Diploma: Project Management. PMP,2005
Master's Degree in Civil Engineering. University of Kentucky USA. 2015

I love my work & thrive in the construction industry & due to not being able to obtain employment in South Africa because of the Black economical empowerment employment by-laws I am unable to find employment in my own country. I wish to make a fresh start as SA is extremely volatile & am tired of all the crime & living in fear

I believe I will be an asset to any country who will be willing to give me a chance at a new life.

I'm not sure where to start looking for work in Russia if anyone can assist me on this site & other sites to seek employment I would be so grateful

I am a citizen of Cameroon,currently living in Russia,l am looking for  an English teaching job.

Hi everyone, my name is Maxim, I'm Russian living in Moscow.
30 y.o, married, have kids, working in hospitality industry. Interested in travelling, outdoor activities such as camping, overlanding, photography (nature preferable). Will be glad to know if someone here shares the same interests and find some friends here.

Well I am new to this and have no real idea what i am doing in a blog.  But what i would like is to talk to people from Russian any part.  I have had a great intrest in it since about 8 years ago when a friend got me to start studing the language.  I have tryed to get my hands on any book and material i can.  I am hopeing to take a formal class on russian soon since there is not a lot of speakers in Casper, Wyoming.  I like just about every thing outdoors and am a mechanic and welder by trade.  I would love to one day soon get to Russia to live and work but that is still up in the air as how quick that can happen.  I am most interested in living out in the eastern area east of Biakal.  I would like to homestead and live off the grid but there is a lot i need to know before i can make any decitions so any help would be great.  Feel free to get a hold of me through here or directly through my email

I recently moved from South Africa to Russia, St Petersburg and I am desperately looking for work.
I have a certificate in Education and I have done my security graduations - Security Grade E-A, CIT and Reaction.

Thank you
Jannie Calitz

My name is Carlos im from quito, Ecuador im trying to work things out so i can get there as sonn as posible, seems education is superb and is a warm and good place to be. Like sports, gym , box tai jujitsu you name it i go to narcotics anonymus and want to end music study.

As concerns temperature,Russia is one of the coldest country in Europe,we had temperatures of -7°yesterday.Come well prepared.

Hi everyone. I'm Rina from Novosibirsk, Russia. If you need any assistance with CV and Resume (Russian) feel free to contact me. I also may help with language and accomodation in Novosibirsk. As you maybe know there is a huge scientifical and IT base here in Novosibirsk called Akademgorodok. So IT engeneers and developers are wormly welcommed as such as scientists and doctors.

Hello everyone, I am from the Netherlands. I work as a chemist/physicist here. I would like to work, eventually study, in Moscow Russia. I love astronomy and I like to read the latest stories about (un)manned missions to space. Oh and I study the Russian language.

Dear Maria,

You posted a message that you're looking for English
native speaker teachers for a school you're setting up.

I'd be interested in discussing how
we could work together.

I have experience helping
students 1:1 with conversation,
pronunciation, and with editing
and proofreading.

I'm a beginning Russian student
living in Switzerland.

If you wouldn't mind sending me
an email address I could send
you more info about me and
then we could perhaps arrange
a Skype session. :)

Kind regards,
Stan

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=830291

Thanks!

Closed