New members of the Reunion Island forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Reunion Island forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Reunion Island if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

hi. my name is james. made it to the end of the other thread and was directetd here... by that gentleman... up there. :) i'm planning to move to Reunion Island from America next March, as my host (partner) is a primary school teacher, and will have a break at that time. she also suggested a move at that time would be better, climate-wise, for someone moving to a tropical island, having never experienced one, before. so yea... i have 10 months to learn french, i'm self-employed as an addiction therapist, which i'm giving up to reinvent myself in the second half of my life. obviously, i'm looking for change. i welcome it. and i'm hoping i can be welcomed here, as well. cheers!

All the best!

Hi everyone !

I just arrived on the island with my wife Julie and our 18 months old daughter Rose. My wife is a vet and found a job here so we all followed ! We're are keen to meet some poeple to hang out and learn about your experiences. Don't hesitate to contact us! Cheers

fantastic! i wish you all the best. it would be nice to have someone fairly new to the island, to interact with, once i get there, next March.

Hi, I'm Rich from the UK. My partner is French and lives in Réunion and I'm planning to join her within a year. I'm an IT administrator with several years' experience so will be looking for work there too.
If anyone has recent experience of moving to the Réunion, any problems they encountered or things to look out for, and they are willing to share I would be glad to hear it.
Thanks

Hi, Julien, and thanks !!

I'm like James488, and am very seriously thinking about moving to Reunion, soon.  I am just about ready to purchase a home, somewhere, and have just retired.  I'm dead-set on being an expat, and living somewhere else.  Information on moving there, would be great !!  It seems that it's difficult to get a straight answer on what you will find, when trying to move there.  Information on cyclones would be greatly appreciated, also.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi mark !

My name is Koumara, I live in Réunion island. I saw your message, I could provide you information on my country. Well, about the cyclone. December, January is the worst period. But two years ago, we had a cyclone in july... The world is changing...

Best Regards,

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=830285

Thanks!

Closed