New members of the Qatar forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Qatar forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Qatar if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi everyone, I'm Mohammad from Sydney, Down Under.

I have recently been offered a role as a Radiographer at Sidra Medical and Research Center and have signed all the contracts. Since I applied many months ago, and was interviewed via Skype, the application has now progressed and I have been sent my visa.

It feels great to have the visa but I am still in the dark on a start date, flights, accommodation etc. I've been  told things in Qatar work at a slower pace..

So I have so many questions about Qatar itself as well as Sidra, so if I dont find my answers in the forum I'll certainly be posting them up in the next couple of days.

Nice to meet you all,

Adieu

Hi Guys, I'm not new in Qatar been here for a long long time and I can say Qatar is a good place to work. I joined just to make new friends and socialize. Sad most of my friends left Doha and also my family move out from Doha, a bit sad I felt just strange that I feel Doha is different from before or maybe I need to socialize more and get a life apart from work.

I also wanted to WELCOME everyone who is moving to Doha, if you need any assistance in finding house, cars or anything feel free to ask and I can send you contact details which you can check.

I hope and pray Doha would be a Wonderful place for everyone, as it was a Great place for me  :)

Cheers and Good luck to All  :)

hello i am coming qatar next month want to know how is weather and how is expanse how can use travel what is good please help me to know that then i can be safe thanks

its such a big honor to be a part of this forum where I can associate and exchange ideas with fellow expatriates I currently live in Doha, and my name is Simon peter but u I prefer calling me Karl and am looking forward to having to great time with you all

hello everyone am new here

Any Aussies working in Qatar? Need some taxation advice.

Hello everyone,

I am an architect and working here for almost a year in some projects for Qatar World Cup 2022.
Anyone from Brazil?

Hi, I have been in Doha for 4 years and from Australia. I can try and help on tax matters.

Hi All,

I have been in Doha for 4 years now and just looking to expand my social network.  I work in technology and anyone interested for a chat hit me up. Thanks!

Hi everyone.. i am fairly new to this forum and would really appreciate your inputs. I am planning to visit Qatar for a week in regards to job opportunities. I am a hotelier by profession, working as Front Desk manager in saudi Arabia. I have applied numerous jobs online for qatar but unfortunately no outcome as pf yet, so i decided to visot personally. If anyone of you can give me any sort of advice's where to start, how to make my week efficient, recruitment agencies, or personal contacts i would really love it.. cheers :-)

Hi my family is is leaving Qatar for good. Looking out for potential buyers for all furniture at home.

HI !

I am Vimod from Bangalore INDIA, In Doha for the last Two months, I love and enjoy staying here.
I am an expert in plastic manufacturing Industry and a student of this industry for the last 20 Years, I help Individuals or companies to set up Plastic product manufacturing Industry.

cheers to all of you.

My gratitude and best wishes

Love & Respect
Vimod.

Hi,  I am good, thank you.

Greetings from Tehran, Iran!
Sir, i have 25 years experience in building surveyor and i know Total station and Auto cad too.
Sir, do you know , i live in Iran right now,but i like to have a role in Qatar Football world cup 2022 preparation construction ,this great historical event in our life.

asifareff wrote:

Hi everyone.. i am fairly new to this forum and would really appreciate your inputs. I am planning to visit Qatar for a week in regards to job opportunities. I am a hotelier by profession, working as Front Desk manager in saudi Arabia. I have applied numerous jobs online for qatar but unfortunately no outcome as pf yet, so i decided to visot personally. If anyone of you can give me any sort of advice's where to start, how to make my week efficient, recruitment agencies, or personal contacts i would really love it.. cheers :-)

You may get in touch with me at ***. I can help with you some leads.

Thanks,

Basil

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

I have been living here in Doha for the past 2 years and counting. Its been a pleasure to work here and the people are exceptionally good. I am in the Interior Design and Fit Out industry as a project engineer.

I hope to share my experiences and make this a useful forum for all expats in Qatar.

Cheers,

Basil

Hi sir , i am going to come to Qatar because i like to have a role in Qatar Football world cup 2022 preparation construction ,this great historical event in our life, but i can,t to find a sponsor please advice me in this path.

thanks sir.

Thanks Julien,

I moved to Qatar 4.5 years ago  with my husband and children. While living in the country I have thought many times to start a blog about my experiences in Doha but life basically got in the way. I was busy trying to get all the kids into one school in Doha and finding a job. I worked in the USA as a system analyst and not working was very foreign to me.  Of course I had many challenges of getting adjusted to the ways of Doha, and as my children got older and I became familiar with the ways of Doha  I decided to pursue creating a blog to share my experiences with not only my family and friends in the USA but others who are interested in Doha or plan to move to Qatar.

Here is my blog
http://www.talesofdoha.com

Hope people enjoy reading it as much as it was fun for me to start writing it.

Regards,
Humera

Hi ,Great idea , i hope  your blog help us in the our plan to coming Qatar.

Hi sir, thanks to helping us, do you know i am building surveyor i want to find a sponsor in a construction company , i have 25 years experience from Iran ?

hi, can you share the link?

Hi im rhea just want to ask if it posible to transfer in oman for job direct from here in qatar after my contract.. I ask my boss if she can book me to oman instead to philippines coz i get job there but she said no. She said sge will book me to phillipines and send with pro to the emegration. But i dont want because i already have job offer there in oman and they are processing my working visa..  Any advice so i can go direct fron qatar to oman..please. Thank you

Assalamualaikum wrwb to all brothers and sisters, I am 2 years now in Qatar and previously i was in Dubai for 9 years.

I like the middle east as the main importance is given to prayers and especially the mosques are so clean and tidy with a great ambiance and soothing voice of the imam's recitation.

I love to write, just have my own peculiar simple style to express my feeling and thoughts.

I am working as an ELV engineer with a big construction company where alhumdulillah salary is on time.

I am not a very money minded person from the start, if i have i spend or else i am  patient.

My family is here and recently alhumdulillah i got a license so i took a rent a car.

Qatar is an amazing place with such nice people around.

Take care and enjoy life with prayers.

See you can come to Qatar if you have a visa, but better go back to Philippines and come back from there. As it is better for you or you have to buy Qatar visit visa and then ticket here and then to Oman.

But if you think you cannot come back if you go to Philippines then you have to stay there in Oman and miss your flight that is it.

Also you have to make sure that you visa or stay is still valid there in Oman that is all sister.

Hi to all,

I am Wael Yehia, I am Palestinian and born in Doha. I am a civil engineer fulfill a position QA/QC Manager in local construction company.

I would like to have more friend and connection from all over the world specially who is planning to visit or live in Qatar. I am a social person and knows Qatar very well as my second home country.

Wish to all who visited or planning to visit Qatar either for work or tour to have a great time and enjoy the life style in Doha.

wish you all the best.

I wish you all the best too .

hi  :up:  I'm sepide a 29 years old chemist.I wanna come to Qatar n finding a suitable job.I have 5 years old experince in soil lab n geotechnique field. ;)

hello. I am from the Philippines. Planning to work in Qatar. Glad to have found this site.

Hi, me too new here in Qatar, trying to adjust with weather, colleagues, clients & employer.

Thanks julien

Hi everyone my name is alice , i am currently living in south africa , but i would love to come in Qatar for an internship or a permanent contract , in an engineering industry , i have a degree in chemical engineering , i hope to find a job and a contact for a job throuh this forum  :top: .thanks

Hallo
I am a Kenyan working in Qatar 🇶🇦  for almost 5 years now.  I work at Hamad International Airport.  Am hoping to get new friends and learn more of different cultures. I am hardworking, and hence will be seeking a new job on Security  department.  Please friends,  let's get in touch. 
Love you all
Victor

Mahsepid,
Welcome to Qatar.  A nice country.  All will be well and I wish you all the best in securing a good job.  My best wishes.
Once again,  welcome
Victor

Thanks man.

Hi all,
I have been in Qatar for one year. I find it a beautiful and calm place to live. The legal system here is now seeks to ensure all the international standerds and much advanced towards the welfare of thd expats.
You are all welcome to this second home. Dont miss a chance to live, do business/jobs or visit this country.

hy, new in town, let me know wats happening out here

Alex

Hi all,

My name is Tom and am from Kenya. Am new in Doha and looking forward to understand how people live and enjoy life here in Doha.

Best Regards
Tom

Hi ,
Thanks for your offer for assistance. I newly moved to Qatar for work. I know nobody here and would like to socialize and have new friends. Please send me your contact information and I will be in touch with you and drop you a call
Yousef

Hi,
I am Dr Shashidhara. Psychiatrist from India.
Planning to move to Qatar or UAE.
Looking for some guidance about the procedure involved. About licence, interviews etc.
Thank you.

Hi All, I am new here, have been living and working in Qatar for the past 3.5 years. I am an Indian and would love to make new friends specially to know different communities and nationalities.

My name is Reeja Rachel Zachariah and I love Qatar for its serenity. Have a great day all !!

Closed