New members of the Peru forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Peru forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Peru if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Guess there's nobody new in Peru.    :dumbom:

Well I'm Jeriah, 24 from Washington USA. Been in Peru for about a week, currently living in northern Peru, Piura.

I'm actually half-peruvian so I guess this is my time to learn about my heritage.  :happy:

Miguel Grau: Gentleman of the Seas

hello! i am new here. I am a civil engineering student from India and i wish to get a job in Peru after i complete my graduation.I hope this platform will be useful for me ...moving to Peru is very important for me. I hope this will help me.

Hola! Pleased to introduce myself and thanks in advance for the warm welcome.

I arrived 2 weeks ago. This is my 6th time in Peru... just can't stay away. This time I'm consulting for Save the Children for 3 months and after that I am planning to stay and find work. I am hoping to get some advice from this platform on how to obtain a carnet extranjero in advance of applying for jobs here, and to network with the buzzing expat community here!

Hola! I am new here and thanks for letting me in.

I am a Filipino and will be travelling to Lima this coming November by good chance.
Any sharing and useful info will be great  on how to find job in Lima. I am currently in Singapore and have a Peruvian boyfriend. How tough to hunt a job there as foreign?

Hi! My husband and I are thinking about moving to Peru for retirement.  Anyone living there or planning the same move, we would love to keep in touch and follow your progress.

Hi,im from Norway living in Celendin Cajamarca,i really love this place,im 46 years old living with my peruvian wife and 3 children:)

Hello,

My name is Nidhin and I have signed up on March 20th 2018 and the motive behind it is to get to know in detail about the life,culture,language,customs,social life since I will be travelling within  a few months period to Peru and have plans to settle up in Peru in near future.

If anyone among the members of this forum could explain to me in detail about the information I want to know it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

hello.
I  am from Morroco married with Peruvian living in Peru for almost quqtro years  in Lima Surco
I like foud, peoples and nature.

Hi. I'm retired and have been living in Thailand for the past four years. I'm about to move to Peru and apply for a rentista visa. If anyone can recommend an agent and give information about fees, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

hello to all :)

My name is Laura, I'am from Venezuela, and I just move in 4 months ago, I'm living in the city of Lima.

I have a degree in languages, like animals, sports, I have many interests :)

Still don't know the city, Don't know many people, pretty much I have the same feeling from when you move to another school.  :|

Hi. I'm Andrew from the UK. I'm currently staying in Lima. I don't yet know for how long or what my future plans are. I'm enjoying getting to know the city and like how it feels. This is my 4th time here. The previous times were just to visit but this time could be permanent. I've lived in the Middle East before this, working in international schools.

Hola,
I am Robert Truman from PHX, AZ. I am really considering retiring in Peru. What draws me to Peru is the retirement  visa. However  I am having trouble locating rental rates for long term. Average monthly  cost to live there and best location for the dollar. Any information would be great. And or be friends on Facebook I think would be WONDERFUL and easier for fast communication and pictures.  So in closing any help would be great. Garcias

Hola,

I'm Angela from México. I've been living in Lima, Perú for about one month. I've married a peruvian boy and I'm currently searching for a job. I'm a biologist, but I have experience in administration, costumer service and organizing events (I used to work in an international ONG back in Mexico).

I would like to meet new people and I'm open to help anyone who wants to know more about the process of living here (specially if they are mexicans).

:)

Hello everyone on this forum,
I'm Muhammad from Nigeria. Moved to Peru from Ecuador in May 2018.
Enjoyibg my adventure so far and don't know what the future holds.
19 months in South America so far..
Any social meet up on this platform?
Party goers?
Short trip travelers and camping mates?

Cheers!

Hi everyone,
I am a retired male (European/American) planning on going to Peru in November to possible retire there. Looking for other North Americans/Europeans with similar values for guidens and possible friendship.
Hope to hear from you,
Thank you

Hi, Did you get any advise or help with your questions?

Two of the last three posters have asked questions on this thread.

However, this thread is reserved for self-introductions only .. by order of the Home Office.

Questions are better posed by creating a new thread or posting on a relevant existing thread.  To find existing threads, use the search box on the forum welcome page.

cccmedia
member, expat.com team of experts

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=830261

Thanks!

Closed