Close

New members of the Panama forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Panama forum? Don’t know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Panama if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello, Appreciative to this board its members and staff, thank you..  And so..me,  l will consider survival options in usa or to thrive in a culture here in lat am decidedly easier to take. As l witness retiree culture as an american hereabouts, l am  feathering an act three nest, going somewhere to get my ya ya's out on my way out. l hope to engage in an inspired effort to build and have learning experiences.

Hello!  I'm considering retiring to Panama in a year or so, looking at the Coronado/Gorgona area and Pedasi.  I'm traveling there in April to check it out - so excited to see the country I've read so much about!  Have done a lot of research on-line, have poured over blogs and have appreciated this forum!

Hello All, My family and I are looking into moving to Panama. My husband is a retired disabled veteran so we are looking at the pensianado visas. We have lots of questions. My kids are age 11 and 7 now. Look forward to all the information.

We are Matthew and Trisha we plan on leaving to Panama within the next 6 months hopefully. And we would love to learn to get advice and also looking to purchase International Health Insurance if anybody has good information for that, also looking at Boquete, or around there, so, thanks in advance. Love

We are considering moving or doing extended stays in Panama.  We have to have a very reliable internet connection.  Any town describe that?

Married, empty nesters looking at "the next thing". Panama, Costa Rica, Bahamas all considered.  Probably 2-3 years out from the decision/move. Would like to learn more about the Caribbean coast of Panama, most info seems to be on the Pacific side and I need warm water ( our pool stays at 88 or better). Most interested in a beachfront lifestyle, have lived within 10 miles of salt water my entire life.  The handle is apirateslifeforme, but I go by pirate).

Water on the Pacific side is also warm. Google can probably help you find out exactly how warm. The Pacific side is more developed. There are happy people in Bocas del Toro area, and you might check out Portabelo. I’ve never been there but I’ve heard it is nice.

I'm heading down there next month and plan on visiting some of the same areas.  How was your trip and what did you discover about these areas.  Do you have any advice?  Good luck in you search.

KZ...

Dear all,

I am French, single and currently living in Paris. I am thinking about leaving the aggressive and unhealthy urban environment, and relocating to Panama to enjoy its life style, surrounded by great nature. I am planning visits in Panama to see how it is really like. At the moment, it seems to me that cool places like Boquete or El Valle de Antón would suit me. I am mainly worried about my professional activities there, because I am an engineer in the middle of my career (so not in the typical retirement plans) and would like to run one or two startups related to engineering activities, which seems to be incompatible with the Friendly Nations Visa. Anyway, I hope to find a way, and I might later ask advice in this forum about that.

By the way: thank you for all your inputs in the different topics on this forum. They are really helpful!

Hello,
We are considering retiring to Panama to escape high cost of living in Kelowna, BC.
Many questions and would like to make contact with folks that tell us the real story and not the investment marketing chatter.
Not sure where we would like to locate so any feedback is appreciated.
Look forward to chatting.
Jerry

http://www.expat.com/en/directory/centr … ca/panama/  You might find some of these blogs helpful

Hello to everybody. My name is jeronimo, I am 44 years old, born and raised in Argentina. Tired of the eternal high inflation and high taxes, I am researching Panama as an option to make a business and may be retire in the distant future.
I am married with no kids.
Looking forward to learn and get sustancial information about the friendly country Visa and possibilities to make it real. I mean, trying to make a business I can conduct between Panama and Argentina.
Cheers!!!

You need a good lawyer for the visa. Kraemerlaw.com is one  There is also quite a bit of information on the website.

Hi All,

My name is George and this is the first time I will be leaving the Continent of Africa for good. A little about me and my Family is that we were born and raised in Zimbabwe, we had to leave there and our home due to Political turmoil. We moved to South Africa because we love Africa, now it has come that we will have to move again and give up our home. We have thought about it and have decided to move to Panama but we have no idea how to go about it and we don't have a huge Bank balance either, so any ideas from you guys will help us out alot. I have gone onto a Panama job website and I have started looking for work, my Wife and My Daughter have completed a course with TEFL and they are looking into moving from her side, so we are looking just not getting very far at the moment.
Anyway, great to meet you guys and maybe will meet in person one day soon.