New members of the Morocco forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Morocco forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Morocco if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi Julien,
I appreciate your warm welcome. I am an American woman married to a Moroccan man, and we are planning for me to move to morocco with him in the coming months. I have joined this forum to meet other expats, and to look for employment opportunities. I just found this forum today and thought id join and see what I could find. So far I am loving it! I just hope to meet some new friends, and settle in once I arrive. My husband wouldn't mind me not having a job but being an American its hard to just sit at home. If anyone knows of any job opportunities that would be wonderful. I am finishing up a BA in marketing and am quite experienced in the administrative, HR, receptionist roles as well. I am a marketing freelancer, and exceptional with customer service related jobs. I am excited to chat with you all here, as I'm excited to move as well!

Hello, Julien.

My name is Sasha.  I'm an accountant / finance guru who would like to move to Morocco.

hi guys i am from MAnchester UK. I visited morroco last year and it was lovely i would love to live in morroco.

Morocco welcomes you Guys.

Looking to have local friends in casablanca, as shall be visiting there in feburary 2018.

Hi,
I'll be moving to Marrakech in March and I am looking to get involved or start a wine tasting group. Nothing serious, just a relaxed way to get to know the local people and local wines. I have been living near Agadir on and off for the last four years. I am married with two young children. I am from Napa Valley which is California's “wine country” and worked as a wine educator for a while. I don't know anything about Moroccan wines but am eager to learn. I know there are quite a few somms in the hotel industry in Marrakech so would be cool to link up with them. Typical American, I speak a little Arabic, French, darija, and shilha but am fluent in nothing. I hope to take some classes and put an end to that stereotype this year. 😜

Hello! I am Adrian. I am living in Rabat and work online. I work in the field of marketing up and around LinkedIn. 
I have 25 years of experience in communication training like non-violent communication, negotiation, sales, customer service etc.
It would be interesting to team up with someone and see if we can join forces. Besides English, I speak German, Dutch, and tourist French. Working on bringing that last skill on a higher level.
Don't be shy now, love to hear from you!

i am new in tangier . looking for someone to hung out with and also show me around. you can message or WhatsApp me on ***. i love to make or meet new friends before i travel please. hit me up on time.

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : For your own safety please avoid sharing your personal contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hey , i m  tunisian and my wife is german . i am plannig to move to  morocco as soon as i finish my engineering studies . that way i will be home but not really . (i figured if i am in morocco i ll have the positive side of being home  ( food , sun , chill , people , no racism , islam and lot more ) without having the down side of being home ( Family stress , getting too involved , no social restarins (or less )) becaus i am still tunisian so gest .
i am really excited about that , and i hope i will find some european company that need engineers in morocco ,
the problem is i dont know how it would be for my wife .  so it would be really interesting to me if you would post some feedback once you are there .
i wish you good time there  have fun and thanks
(Sorry for bad englisch i forgot all of it when learning german )

Hello!

I'm an italian girl attending a master at EGE Rabat et I will be there from March to June.

I'm actually looking for an apartment, for me and 2 other girls. So, if anyone can help us it would be very kind :)

Thank you!

Welcome Camilla, unfortunately, cannot help coz I'm in Marrakesh, Good luck 👍.

Hi everyone, I really want to move to Morocco, Agadir with my 3 children but I do not know where to start

Hi everybody,
My name is Sarah, live in Belgium and married to a moroccan man.
Love the culture, food and people in Morocco and just eager to learn more about the country.
Hope to move there some day... wonder what other expats do there for a living? 
Take care and thank you for accepting my request to join this interesting and beautiful forum. Love to hear your stories, tips and tricks of your emmigration stories ;-)

Welcome Sarah, Most of Expats comes with their investment and business plans, because it's really not easy to find a work here, especially for foreigners, the easiest job for them to get is teaching English or their native language, either in the university or a private school, Good luck and welcome again.

Thank you so much for your help ! I know it is very hard to survive in Morocco but the kindness of the people is heart warming...

Thank you :)

Hello I am a young Moroccan living in Rabat if anyone needs help this city I am in service

Hello 
I'm currtly selltled in UK but considering  coming on Holidays this summer to tangier.while there,we intend to meet expats from sub Saharan African countries like Nigeria or Ghana.
Can anyone point me in their direction?

Am moussa mariko from Mali,I speak English, French, Spanish, and my mother tongue as am malingo....my intention is just improving my situation and trying to get more others experiences in what prop ing up....being multilingual, I choice Morocco sure destination....

Hello we are Anne and Aimad. I am from Usa and Aimad is from Casablanca. We are engaged to marry. I am hoping to obtain a K1 fiance visa for him to visit in the summer of 2019 to Florida. In the meantime we will purchase a condo in zip 20250 near his job.  I have a few questions. 1) do you think we can be approved for a K1 finance visa more than 1 time?  For example can he visit me to date for a few years, like every 6 months? What happens if we decide to delay the wedding past the 90 days? The court fees to marry in my state is a few hundred dollars and takes about 4 days. He just needs his passport and ID. We are planning to have a simple civil ceremony for immigration. The religious ceremony and family reception will be in a few years in both countries. 2) has any couple purchased property together in casablanca? i have been shopping online and I see the 12% closing costs and also mortgages for moroccans. Should we marry first or can we be business partners?  I have 3 breaks from work per year like a teacher, spring, summer and winter and I have a flexable job schedule where I can travel for 90 days. I plan to visit for the 1st time in 2019. I am just getting my passport. We have been engaged LDR since 2016.  I sold my home and car, placed things in storage and have rehomed my cats. I have applied for an extra back up creditcard. I am waiting to save more money and loose some weight. I have lost 20 pounds so far. I am an older and he is younger, neither has children or a previous life partner. I want to start a small business one day in Morocco so I am looking forward to us sharing time between both. I can rent an apartment or hotel in the meantime (probably won't stay with his family overnight). I also have an option to stop over in Istanbul to save $300 on airfaire trip. I have a friend in Turkey so I can have lunch or nap or sightsee. But the 1st trip will probably be a direct flight. I want to marry in usa because the laws are different than the mudwala. I have read the family code. Will we be bound by Moroccan laws if we have a foreign certificate of marriage? Like how Adultury is criminalized? I assume we take our marriage from FL to an embassy or government building to have it recognised. I am not against marriage in Morocco, as a second option. I am Unitarian Universalist and he is Muslim. I will not be converting but I will attend Mosques and I listen to the holy quoran and prayers. I am partial to leaving in the 2nd wife option if we marry in Muroc because I am age 40 and he is 23. 17 years age gap. I don't really want children of my own. So, if we marry in USA does this preclude him from being able to take a 2nd marriage in Morocco? I would give consent, if he is ready for a family and I am not able. He is not interested in polygamy at this time. It's sort of like surrogacy and family planning like a nanny. We havn't discussed it in detail about how we would share time. If he has a 2nd marriage I will probably remain celibate and like a step/god mother.  I'm being personal because maybe someone reading has a similar circumstance. Aimad has a full time job now but he was working part time last year. So we have to save up for all the expenses of immigration fees and we will buy a new car in each city.  I offered to pay for the majority of the costs because I earn a bit more and I was the one who proposed. Eventually he should have his work permit and earn more in USA hourly.  So we will have some businesses that give us flexability. I am studying Arabic and French in my free time, Darija.  I joined fb groups and read MurocMomma. I google articles when I feel like it. Spirituality is important to me, to have a spiritual connection. Marriage is a risk and a leap of faith. So, I am nervous alittle about being an immigrant in a strange place. But I live in S. fL where people come from all over and they survive. So, I just want to stay safe. Aimad did raise his voice over the phone a few times but I was able to communicate like an adult with patience. He will need time to mature and gain experience. So, I am excited. He is handsome and smart and funny and fashionable. Love is equal to respect. We have talked out about a few of the cultural differences, like sexism and gender roles and dominance.  I'm willing to make it work. So far he has hung in there, waiting. We almost broke up once or twice for like a half a day hahahaha.  But I always find a reason why I am happier pursuing this. It's pretty freaking cool actually. In 2015 I had zero idea my life was headed to Morocco. It was a pleasant surprise. We met on facebook by accident. Pure coincidence. We crossed paths and I was in love at 1st sight.  I put aside the excuses and I asked him out. Hhhh. And everytime I ask him if we will marry he always says yes.  So, failure isn't an option.  I have found my inner happiness and peace alone, but he makes life worth living.  I have no idea if we will end up happy ever after with the 4 kids he wants hahahaha. I will settle on 4 houses and 2 cats and 2 kids hahaha. It's funny because when I call him he says "Which City?" and it's gonna be like waking up and checking what country we are in today. Hhh. We will go to visit NY and LA. I have been but I will take him. We will go to Paris. But mostly I want to know who is a good Imam who can bless us?  Because it won't always be easy.  I have a referral to a family therapist that is trilingual. We will have a coach because then he can have someone to talk with. I have had counseling.  Just to have something to do to keep us in good communication and trust. We want to buy a 2 bedroom condo. Eventually I will buy a house and a commertial retail spot. But we should start with a 2 room apartment unit. How much are you guys paying in Casa?  He works in zip 20250. His family is in Ain Sebaa. I would like to live close to the airport if possible. We are looking to stay  around the Hassan Mosque area. I don't plan to wear a hijab but I like scarves and caftans. I don't want to stand out and look like an american tourist. I am thinking about buying those translation ear pieces. The bluetooths that speak from an app. Anyway... Goodnite. See you around. Oh I am considering dual citizenship because we might want to buy agricultural or farm land. Anyway- I'm going to make some Trader Joe's Moroccan Mint Green Tea hahaha. I wrote a book lol. 🇲🇦 🇺🇸

Hi everyone,

I am Rashmi Jhaveri from Abu dhabi. We are planning to move to Casablanca in May 2018. I would like to contact some of the members of the group who can help us with informations related to our move to Casablanca.

Hello expat community

I'm an American Muslimah married to a Moroccan from Agadir. I currently teach 3rd grade in the states and I have degrees in Child Development [Associates of Science from Northern Virginia Community College], Early Childhood Education & Administration [Bachelors of Individualized Study from George Mason University] and a Graduate certificate in Advanced Studies in Teaching and Learning with a concentration in the International Baccalaureate program [from George Mason University]; I am an IB certified teacher.  I am looking to relocate to Agadir but my Arabic is limited and I don't speak French. However, I can read and write Standard Arabic, and I understand a lot of darija, but my conversational Arabic is limited.  I have been in the field of education for the past 21 years, however, I am a career changer and I have experience in management and working within the US government.  I was an Assistant Principal for 9 years at an International School in the US and my degree includes a minor in Business Administration, therefore, I am open to working in non-Education fields.

Any leads that I can receive on how to set up interviews with companies who need native English speakers would be great.

Best Regards
Amina Wells Assaadi

hello every one my name is jalil 37 old im from marrakech city welcome to our beautful city

for the people coming  to marrakech one day if you need any answer please just send message and welcome

Hi. 
    Thanks for the ad. I wish to live permanently in Morocco as my daughter is there and my grandchildren. I am researching ways to obtain permanent residency.  I want to bring my dogs and my caravan  with me from New Zealand. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hello...I am Myriam from Mexico...September next i will go to Barcelona for vacations but i would like to visit Marrakesh. I hope to be posible.

Hi all

Fresh expat here. Just moved to this country. I am from Albania.I am based in Rabat.

First day of Rabat I learned few words of darija just because I was pestered continuously by hundreds of beggars who made me feel like they were following me anywhere I go :)

Looks like an OK place to live only if you have a good job.

Hoping to connect with business minded people

Send me a private message if you will be interested to exchange ideas or discuss any possibilities of working together in Rabat in any type of business.

regards

Hello everyone,

I am Ahmad from Egypt and I am moving to Casablanca by mid June.

I am looking forward to meeting people to hang out with and perhaps make friends as I don't know anyone in Morocco.

I am also trying to learn as much as possible about life in Morocco.

Please contact me if you want to make friends!

Hello Group,
I am from Mexico and I will be staying in Casablanca for four weeks.
Anyone looking for making friends is welcome to add me to their contact list or message me.
I speak Romanian, Spanish, Italian and English.

Cheers,
Pedro

hi there,
im from casablanca i hope practice my enlish and meeting expat peole to exchange culture,im interessted to meet you if i will be in rabat or eventually if you come to casablanca!

regards

ilham

@Aminawells,
The private sector in Morocco is predominantly French speaking, Arabic will not do. Teaching opportunities are the only way to go if one doesn't speak French. Speaking from experience.

Such a big shame that French is the most important language in Morocco when looking for good jobs. Arabic should be first then English. French must be removed from schools and instead English should be promoted. Morocco is a beautiful country and speaking English will only further promote and help moroccan tourism and economy

France is contributing by 34% to the total foreign investment in Morocco, and respectively by 22% and 12% in Morocco export and import. the majority of offshore companies are French and not forget the outsourcing business (call centers) that are mostly French.
Since the independence, French was the language of Education. more than 40% of Moroccans speak french. 2 Million Moroccans are in France.
These are the facts.

Shake Xl is changing morrocco to suit himself.
Well known fact about french but facts don't matter.

English is the past, present and future language of the business world. By speaking English the figures you mentioned above will triple.better be OK or Great? Stand still or grow even bigger and faster? Have on option or hundreds? 😂 😂 😂 😂. Even China is introducing English now.. Ramadan kareem.

Casa, here i come :D

hey people, looking to visit morocco for work this month end.

Hi there

I am moving from Australia to Marrakech in June.  Very excited to be living in Morocco but I am having the hardest time obtaining the forms for Moroccan customs to ship my belongings.

Can anyone advise as my goods are sitting at the shipping warehouse as they will not ship without a certificate of change of residency??? Australia does not have this form....

Thank you in advance

Tanya

Hello Morocco!
My name is Helen, I'm 65 and from the UK. I'm arriving in Marrakech in early June. Strictly speaking I am not coming as a tourist, but have family business in the city. I speak French and Spanish and like (gentle) hiking, gardens and gardening, sightseeing and galleries, and am an incorrigible "foodie".
would love to meet like minded people.

Closed