New members of the Mauritius forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi
My Husband and I are looking to relocate to Mauritius from South-Africa.
o    Can you help us with names and contact details of reliable immigration agencies.
o    We will appreciate any advice with relocating.

Hi all I am Olivier from Mru, looking forward to participate on the forums !!

Hi, am looking at house/pet sitting in Mauritius from Nov to Jan. If anyone is going away and would like me to look after their pet/house, am more than happy. - thanks

Hello everyone,

I'm ICT person from Serbia, 27 years old and I'm planning to move to Mauritius with wife. Hope to get some useful information here.  Thank you all in advance!

Hi all,

I am British currently living in UAE, married to Mauritian and we are planning move to Mauritius in early 2019.  I have so many questions and hope to learn from others....and in time share my experiences.  Thanks everyone!

Hi all, i am sabarish from India. Will be moving to mauritius by 21 August.

Hi, Steven here.

My wife and I are currently in Mauritius, we are exploring and seeing if it is the right move for us.
Planning to work and live here, but still in an uncertain stage. Not sure where to start.

We would appreciate any information and any meets to gather first handers experience.

Warm Regards
Steven Peplar

Hi there, I am a newbie as they say.

Looking to relocate to Mauritius from South Africa.

Currently job searching and getting some more info before making that final decision to relocate.

Hope this forum will assist in making the decision and also finding a new community in a foreign country.

I am an events coordinator at the moment with lots of experience, would like to see if my skills are of use here in Mauritius. Or if I should consider a career change to sustain living in Mauritius.

Would love to chat with anyone that can help to make that final decision.

Regards,
Anja

Consider a career change. Communication will be a barrier

Learn french

Hello Everyone! I came to Mauritius as work brings me here. I expect to be here for quite a long time.  A bit about me: I wear two hats, one stems from my academic life which remains my passion: Psychotherapist & Clinical Hypnotherapist and the other has been my bread and butter for many years, Contract Project Manager mainly within Financial Services, Financial Technology and Banking, although I take on mega infrastructure projects on occasion. I tend to plan my holidays around which restaurants to go. I love a good meal and finding a good pint.

I'm extremely social, and would love to meet up for coffee or a beer. So, please message me and let's meet up.

I am based in Ebene, currently working in CyberCity.  Which leads me to ask.. does anyone have a room to rent or an apartment to rent in or close to CyberCity? I'm trying hard to avoid using an agency and go direct to owner.

Looking forward to meeting up with other Expats.

-Karl

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : please post an ad in the housing section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi am Mr.Roger, am a Cameroonian looking to move to Mauritius for business purpose, am a business  man and a politician. I like to meet new people and as well learn about business in different areas.

Hey.. I am a restauranteur from London looking to retire / find "talent" to mentor and invest in here in Mauritius, been resident in Cape Town and have restaurants there as well.
Looking forward to meeting and finding ambitious and business motivated young "talent" that want to succeed in life.
Nigel Wood.

Hello,

I am a german student going to do an internship in the north of the island for about 2 months. I am looking forward to explore Mauritius and get to know new people!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tanvir Jaikishen. I am an Indian and have moved to Mauritius earlier this year with my family. I have my own company here. I am the Chief Operating Officer.

I am 31 years old and looking to get to know fellow expats in Mauritius and make some new friends. I live in Ebene but spend my free time in the west (mostly Flic en Flac and Tamarin).  I look forward to hearing from folks looking to hang out and have a good time

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Off-Topic. This thread is only meant for the introduction of new members. Please contact the member through the private messaging system. Thank you

Hi . Kivashni Balgobind
I want to relocate to Mauritius by end of this year .
I am desperately seeking a recruitment company that can help .

Hi all,

Glad to be stepping into this expat community. Thank you all for your introductions.

My father is Mauritian though I've lived in SA all my life and only ever known Mauritius as a holiday destination (all of which have have been happily memorable). But, along with my two children and partner, we are choosing to relocate to Mauritius within the next year and make the island our home.

We'll be visiting schools this October to get a better sense of where we hope to set ourselves up and when would be the ideal time for us to step into Mauritian life.

When we arrive, I look forward to getting to know some of you in person. Till then, I hope to be able to share what I learn about making the move and tap some of your learning experiences.

Thanks!

We do have english medium school. It wont be a problem for yr kids

Good Day .

I am wanting to relocate to Mauritius in the New year .
Can anyone suggest a recruitment company for jobs in the insurance field and a company that can assist with opening a business in Mauritius . Appreciated .

I live at mahebouhg

I am Bont, a Nigerian living at mehabough. I am loving and caring. Looking for friends with positive vibes.

Hello!

My name is Robby and I am a Mauritian national. Former Police Officer here in Mauritius for 8 years, then moved to Ireland for studies and work. Traveled to and visited some European countries as well as Africa for some time, then moved back to the tropics  :)  I changed my career path after my studies and now working for French company in BPO.

Several friends around the entire world and using this medium to meet people, share and make new friends!  :cool:

Ought to have introduced me before but was quite taken for a while with work and studies.  :P

Happy to connect and discuss more with everyone!

See you

Hi,
I am Wensley and I'm Mauritian.Will be glad to make you discover my Island and guide you in your idea...

Good evening :)
I'am Mo ;)
I'am 28 years old. A doctor by profession :)

Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you

Hi Everyone,

I am a SAP Consultant, and looking to make contact with anyone that can discuss the SAP job market in Mauritius.

Thanks

Hey hey all! I'm Greek and I was an expat in the UK, Norway and Belgium. I'm moving to Mauritius soon. Nice to meet you!

Nice to know and wish you a safe trip to the island

Reason : Please note that this thread is only meant for the introduction of new members. Please drop an advert in the jobs section. Thank you

Hello the forum,
Am thinking of moving to Mauritius in the next 1 to 2 years but need to first figure out what business (1st option) and or employment (2nd option) opportunities exist?
If anybody knows of such 1st option opportunities (New Business start-up, Buy out, Joint Ventures, Partnerships, Investments etc are welcome) please do contact me.
Thanks
Mark

Dear forum
Nice to read so many people moving or contemplating a move .
We are planning to move to Mauritius in future mainly for health reasons of my  Sister and Mother . I plan to come for a month next June to figure this out. Are there good speciality Hospitals around and is Port Louis a good place to settle ( we like markets and streets ) or is it too crowded.
Thumbs up to expat.com
Thanks

Hi! My name is Bernard and I am from Singapore. I am here in Mauritius with 3 others for vacation and possibly to pick up a skill while holidaying here. We are starting to pick up some conversational French as we mingle with the local Mauritians. Mauritians are friendly and warmth people and we have enjoyed our stay here thus far.

Let's get to meet and hang out over the weekend

Very similar background - would love to understand how your overall experience is?

Am Chinedu David Obi.
Am here since 2013. I work as a forecourt supervisor for two Shell patrol stations namely; Shell Grand baie and Coco.Roche Bois.
Mauritius is my second home.

Hi all, ki maniere,
Just a quick message to say hello! We're a Franco-Dutch couple currently living in the Netherlands. We're in the process of relocating to Mauritius (as Self Employed for me, the wife will take some well-deserved holiday time). Targeting a move for Spring 2019.
Maybe we'll see some of you around some day!

Hope to see you as well when you eventually move over

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on working in Mauritius in the Architecture industry. Still in the process of looking for and applying for jobs. I would appreciate it if anyone in the AEC industry could contact me to just have a general chat about the industry. Thank you!

Hi All. I am Jean. Mauritian back in after 16 years mainly in Africa and a little bit of Europe, still rediscovering the country. Lot's have happened since then! Currently staying in Mahebourg, around 10 minutes drive from SSR airport, and still prefer the South, hope to see great things happening here over the next 10 years..Great to meet you all! Jean

Closed