New members of the Mauritius forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi

I've just moved over to Mauritius and will be on a 1 year secondment from London.   Originally from Zimbabwe and spent last 12 years in London.  Involved in outsourcing work with BDO LLP.

Loving the island and climate and hopefully can link up with fellow expats soon.

Bavesh

Hi Bavesh

I trust you are well !! You cannot perhaps assist with a job. Want to move from SA to Mautitius?

Thank you so  much and blessings

Howzit

My whatsapp number is +***.  We can catch up and discuss.

Bav

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you so much. Will do.
Kind Regards

Hi... vijay here. some call me VJ :) 
i intend to be in Mauritius July end. i have traveled extensively in china, Mongolia, Singapore, Hong Kong and India. at present i am in dehradun, India. now i intend to settle down in Mauritius for good.
by profession i am a business and legal advisor. i love to live life - king size and basically an honest, hard working guy (married / no kids).
hope to meet up with you guys soon.... enjoy life and have fun :D

My name is Richard, I'm from Nigeria, i want to visit Mauritius ,  i want to know if it truly a visa free for Nigeria citizen passport holder and how the citizens of Mauritius  welcome immigrants in their country if they are friendly or not.

Hi all...my name is Paul. I currently stay in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.

I'm moving to Mauritius with my wife and daughter at the beginning of August 2018.

I will be asking some advice if possible.

Thank you for reading

Hi Paul

I trust you are well !! What work/job will you have/be doing in Mauritius?

Blessings
Hennie

Hi Hennie,

Thank you for the welcome.

I'm a medical Orthotist Prosthetist. I'm opening a branch for a multinational company in Phoenix.

My daughter is enrolled at Northfields to start the new school year at the end of August.

Kind regards,

Paul

Hi Paul

Thank you so much for the reply. Small world. I was enquiring the last 2 days for quotes on internal prosthesis as I will be getting a hip replacement at 52 !!! I am a "kranige" sportsman with 15 Comrades under the belt and was training for my 16th one when I picked up problems and utlimately had to now get a hip repalcement. Will there be any possibilities for work with your company. My wife and myself are seriously looking at moving to Mauritius , just the 2 of us.

Blessings
Hennie

Hi Hennie,

I also just started with my new company after being self employed for more than 20 years. Unfortunately won't be able to give you an answer on that.

Kind regards,

Paul

Hi Paul

Thank you so much. Have applied to so many openings and placed my CV on so many web sites you won't believe. But I remain positive that God will open the right door at the right time. I pray and trust that all will go well with your relocation and that you will have numerous happy years in Mauritius. I have friends that live there.

Blessings
Hennie

Hi Paul,
GREETINGS!!

I am Mauritian and live in Rose Hill, no far from Phoenix. I have a long time work experience in administrative and accounting departments of many companies and dealing with procedures related to setting up of new business including the daily running and adhering to statutory requirements. Would you need my service, help in any kind, do not hesitate to contact me and leave me a message.

Kind Regards
Kuma

Hi
Pls I need ur help and advise on my stay here,am on a 6 days visit permit which will expire by Saturday, can I extend my stay here,and can I work during my stay to sustain my self for the time being and how can I get a resident permit if I want to work and live here,am a Nigerian and a responsible guy!

You can extend your visiting visa. Online info says Nigerian can get visa on arrival for/upto 90 days. You cannot work on this visa. You can change it to occupation permit.

Oluwatobiloba2018 wrote:

Hi
Pls I need ur help and advise on my stay here,am on a 6 days visit permit which will expire by Saturday, can I extend my stay here,and can I work during my stay to sustain my self for the time being and how can I get a resident permit if I want to work and live here,am a Nigerian and a responsible guy!

1. You have to go to Sterling House in Port-Louis to extend your tourist visa before the expiry date.
2. However, proof to sustain yourself during that extension will be required. Need to show financial proof.
3. You can't work on a Tourist Visa.
4. To get a resident permit, in your case, you will need to get a work permit first or the combination of the two , known as an occupational permit .
5. You can't change a tourist visa into one of those permits - you will have to leave the island first .

Check the expat guide found under "Handy Tools ' above

Hi,

I'm Clinton from South Africa and recently joined Expat and currently living and working in Mauritius.

As a typical South African love Braais, outdoor activities fishing you name it not much we don't like or participate in.
Soon to be wed on Spring Day back in SA and shortly afterwards return with my lovely family whom are most excited starting a new venture here. Once my better half is here we will intro and give a little insight of her expertise and what she has to offer in the fitness environment.......small hint HIIT ( four words so get those guesses guessing ;-) )

Professionally - Co owner and currently running an active registered based air-conditioning company here in Mauritius, specializing in various applications from domestic through to industrial and commercial. Company is well known as Solution Air Ltd, you can view our website on [link moderated] for an impressive insight of our business and what we offer as a whole.
Alternatively one can always meet over an iced cold Phoenix after hours :-)

Well that's pretty much it in a very short intro, would like to meet or have the opportunity to socialize with new and business minded individuals or groups, organizations and not necessarily in the same field of expertise.

Thanks and have a good one............

Hoping to connect with other South Africans here - apparently there is alot.

Hi All,

I'm Ronesh - a 30 year old South African who recently moved to Grand Baie  ;)

Originally from Durban, did a couple years in JHB, then a few months in the Barcelona and LA, then Cape Town for a few years - before moving here.

Professionally, I am a Marketing Manager (worked for quite a few INTERESTING industries) I'm currently in the Travel/Financial industry.

Hoping to connect with some cool people in the area, as besides my colleagues - I basically know nobody else on the Island.  Hope to meet a few quality people who can become friends.

I am learning how to swim soon and trying to get into the ''natural'' side of life with outdoor activities (soonish hopefully)

Let's connect?

Hi Ronesh

I trust you are well and blessed. I note that you in the Financial Industry , I am seriously looking for a permanent employment in Mauritius as My wife and myself want to leave SA, I have 22 years banking experience , both on credit and sales side. Will also be interested in mentoring people. I also have 8 years experience in the Business world.

So much appreciated and a most blessed day.

Kind Regards
Hennie - **

Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you

Thanks!

@ Sapna
Hi hun,

Hope you're feeling more settled now. I'm also teaching English here in a Private school, been here 3 years and still haven't adapted to the culture.

I'm based in Moka and originally from London too. Feel free to chat whenever you're feeling down. You're not alone!

In answer to your dance lessons, what kind of dance do you teach?

Z
xx

hi
My name is Kas and I'm currently living in Durban, South Africa.I am a language teacher. My husband retires next year and we are looking to relocate to Mauritius. We would appreciate any information regarding relocation from South Africa to Mauritius-  who can assist us with the process, areas where we can live comfortably,etc
Thank you
Kas

HI all

I am Jane Newton from cape Town. I am moving to Mauritius to work from beginning of September 2018. I am coming with my husband and our 2 cats.

We are looking to rent a pet friendly apartment or house for about 6 months and after that we may buy a property. I will be working in Grand Bay La Croisette

We would also need to buy 2 second hand cars as I have been told its hugely expensive to bring in a second hand car - please advise if you have any good contacts.

Thanks

Jane

Welcome to Mauritius!

safe journey mate

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : please post in the housing section

Hi All, Its been 18 sweet years I am in Mauritius :-)

Reason : Please drop an advert in the jobs section. Thank you

Hi,
I am Urvashi. I am also a teacher. I teach Mathematics at secondary level. I am from the north of Mauritius. Would be glad to be your friend.

Hello.if you are from europe you can get visa for 6 months. I suggest you to come first on vacation to see the island and asmosphere and the people.
Are you planning to invest or employee..?

Cheers

Hi there.will be glad to be your frd.
How are you

Hi everyone...
Hope you are all well.
Very happy for those who managed to relocate to Mauritius - but feel the pain for those who are still trying to get in. We are from SA and have been trying really hard to get in. I (Hayley) got offered a teaching post but on condition my husband found a job. He applied to a company. The process went through to The Board of Investments ... got approved ... and then the company decided to rather hire locals ... which we understand ... but was very disappointing for us. So we have given up this dream and now looking to relocate either in Canada or Australia. We were heart broken.
Wishing you all well.
Hopefully the door opens for you.

Hi

I trust you are well !! I was there in May for a week. Love the place and people. I am very very seriously looking for a job there. Want to live there pemanently , just my wife and myself.

Blessings
Hennie

Hi

Jip . Was an Account Executive for the Commercial Market at Absa Bank.

Blessings
Hennie

Can you share me your e-mail or contact details?

I need accounting software for FMCG

You can add me on skype : ***

Moderated by Anas 5 years ago
Reason : For your own security,do not share your contact details on the forum please.

Hi,

My name is Alison Jordan, and I moved to Mauritius in October 2016.

We adopted a stray kitten 4 months ago, but unfortunately, the townhouse complex we live in - doesn't allow pets to roam outside of the allocated unit.

Teri, is a beautiful, VERY loving cat that wants to be free, and as heart-breaking, as it is for me to write this notification - we have had to resign to the fact that we have to find a new home, or put him down.

Please contact me urgently, if you can help with this regard.

Thank you....IMG_0050.JPG

Alison.

Hi My name is Sharala and I am not living in Mauritius yet but intend to. Just made a look see trip for two week and just got back home to Malaysia. Great to know all of you over this platform.

So sorry to hear this. Just dont give up, persistence is the key. Good luck in your next adventure and place. God Bless !

Hi am also in marketing ... keen to know the opportunities available???  as relocation is on the horizon.

Hello  there,

@Alison,

My name is Elodie , am Mauritian.
I believe you can easily find a new home or put on adoption last resort but don't put him to sleep.These strays are actually waiting for people like you to save them.
There are a few NGO who can help you with adoption if you have no other choice
Cheers
Elodie

Closed