New members of the Malaysia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi....

I am Rika from Indonesia. I'll be touch down in KL tomorrow afternoon.
Hoping to know all of you here and give me some advise for best place to stay...

Best,
Rika

:)

Hi everyone,
I'm new here in the Expat community but not new in Malaysia.
I've been in Malaysia since 2003.

I started my journey in Sweden 2001 when I moved to Singapore. During the years 2003 - 2006 I was living in KL and moved to the UK 2006 and stayed there until 2014 when it was time to move back to Malaysia... I'm still here...

I hope to catch up with some new contacts here and for those that will arrive or are new here in Malaysia I am willing to help.

All the best,
PT

Hi Rika

You travel here for short term or long term?  for holiday or working?

BR
Chris

for working long term

I am David and my wife Jane was born in KL but she moved to the USA when she was 16.  She speaks English, Cantonese, and some Malay.
Retired and traveling to KL next month for total of 8 weeks ( plus 4 weeks in Bangkok).  Thinking about retirement in KL or Bangkok vs stay in Florida and travel to KL 4 months a year.  Insurance is one issue since USA Medicare mostly can't be used outside the USA but at least our Medicare Advantage plan covers international emergency care.

Hi guys,

Looking forward to get to know more expats in this group. We are all connected and Im looking forward to an awesome experience in Kuala Lumpur here with you guys. Cheers!

Hi im new here, need help getting know people.

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are moving to KL in November. We are from South Africa, have been in Belgium for the past year, and will now live in KL indefinitely for my new job. We are looking at living in Bangsar (recommended by friends who have lived in the city before), but would appreciate some advice on other areas to live close to Mid Valley Mall (my office), how to get around, cost of living, how best to integrate into the community (we are super nice and friendly), and how to make the best of living in KL.

Thank you.

Hi Vicky, Nice to know you are enjoying your life in K Lumpur. I am Andrew , a Malaysian frm K Lumpur

Hi, Evillarino
Hope you are doing fine here and enjoying your stay here. I am Andrew frm K Lumpur I am and very familiar with your country as I visit there very often.

Hello.
I'm Jon.  I'm planning  to move to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from early 2019.

Hi awesome people, my name is Prag. I would be moving to KL from India by mid Dec 2018. I work in the domain of Digital Analytics with over 8 years of experience in the field. Looking forward to gain knowledge, take advise over location to stay, banking, investments etc and later on would love to contribute to this wonderful community based on my experience.

May you get the best!

Hii i'm Vihaan from pakistan i was in malaysia for 3 years malaysia is beautiful country and very good country but the reason i come back from there because there are 2 big problem
1, Can't get visa easy.
2, No PR No nationality till the end.
so how to live in malaysia.....

@Sharmila Misha, hi which area do you deal in?

Selamat pagi People!

I am Patrick, Canadian from Montreal.  I am an expat since 2012 where I lived in Germany and French Polynesia.

I am a Telecom Engineer but switched life in 2015 towards ocean related stuff, I am a Dive instructor and sailor now :)

I am picking up my very own catamaran in Langkawi end of January 2019 where I will live for a couple months for sure visiting around, Thailand, Myanmar as well a little bit.

So this is the start of an adventure in Malaysia!  I don't know exactly where this will take me - this is why it's called an adventure after all :D

Peace and happiness to all here!

Patrick

Hello!  My name is Andrew and I am a business professional that is an expert in customer-service management, leadership.  I am seeking to move to Malaysia and am interested in finding a job there and growing with a company long-term.

Hi Everyone,

Myself Ash, 26 working in KL Sentral in a Fin-tech company. Looking to make friends to explore Malaysia, hangout and exchange stories/experiences. Feel free to drop me a message and introduce yourself!

Cheers!
Ash

Hi Ash....

I am a retired academic coming from Bangladesh along with my wife. I hold a PhD in Social Science (Development Studies) from an Australian university. I intend to spend my retired life in Sarawak researching the way aboriginal people live here.

I have come recently to KL, office in Jalan Ramlee, Chemical engineer. Looking for long stay in KL with my family. Searching 2 BHK fully furnished apartment accessible to the city center and not very long commuting distance.

Rashesh shah

Hi All,
I'm Ben from Nigeria . A teacher in one of the international schools in KL.
Looking to change school from the current place. I teach mostly  humanities subjects fr A  & O levels. IGCSE Cambridge and Pearson Edexcel.

Thanks

Yes, Malaysia is a great place to stay. Multi national and everyone is living in harmony, no arguement. Nice and hot weather all year round and not to mention the great variety of food available here. Good choice!

Great choice Ally. You will love it here with summer all year round.

Yes, Penang is a great place to settle down. Sun shine all these round and not to mention all the variety of food you can get there. I was from Penang but already resides in KL. Malaysianis a great place with kind multi national people. Good choice!

Hi everyone

I am living in KL for more than 2 years with MM2H.
I would share my experience and information with you all.
Generally  till now, I am mostly satisfied with living in Malaysia but no heaven in the world yet.
Nice to see you here!

Welcome on board Buckethead.
Would be nice to share your experience especially regarding MM2H application process / procedure.

Hi everyone,
Belinda from Sydney, Australia.
My husband has been offered a job in KL starting early 2019 based in central KL.
We have 2 boys aged 8 (year 2, 2019) and 10 (year 5,2019). Looking for schooling. Problem with 8 year old he is January bday and old for his year (we held him back in Australia) so will apparently skip a year according to British curriculum.
Have been told Alice Smith, Garden Int are ok schools but looking for feedback on schools overall.
What is Australian International like and if we live in KL city - is this too far to travel?
Best areas to suit family that love 'grass' and 'outdoor movement' plus suit schooling for Australian curriculum and also learning support as this may be needed.
I am also a teachers aide in Aust and would love to work in a school even volunteer - is this a consideration???
Best areas to live and we will also have pets that we are bringing (although small i.e. chihahua and cat).
Love to hear of any feedback good / bad at all :)
Bel

Hi Belinda! First of all, welcome to Malaysia. Actually Alice Smith is at somewhat close to town. It is close to our old abandon airport and is near to our old king palace. The school is very well known and many foreigners bring their children there to study.
I am staying at Ampang area which expatriates like to stay cause it has some hills and fresh air when it rains. You can rent a house there too. There is also an ISKL (International School Kuala Lumpur) here. Distance from Ampang to Alice Smith Primary is about 8km.

Hope this helps!

Yuen

Hi Belinda
My family and I moved here last year in December and it will be almost 1 year since I left Sydney. I have 2 daughters, one is 11 yrs and the other just turned 1 yr in October. We live in cyberjaya it's a little further away from the city and traffic and we live in a house with s garden .. the residence is call Setia Eco Glades . My 11 year old goes to Nexus international school in Putrajaya and it's under the British Curriculum. She enjoys the school very much and she's doing much better at school here than when we were living in Sydney. The school starts from ages 2 yrs up to high school. I am currently a stay at home mum and I do enjoy it here a lot , it's a real quiet place to live . There is an Australian school I think it's in mines city resort but too far for us . At the end of the day it really depends what you want for your family and what's convenient as traffic here can be a nightmare depending where you live. A lot of my husbands work friends live in damensara or mt Kiara .. a lot of expats live there but the traffic is mad .. anyway if you need further details please feel free to message me .
Cheers
Marijana

hi!

Joseph here from Singapore. Moved to KL a few months ago for work. Would like to make more friends whether it's fellow singaporeans, fellow expats or fellow KL-ians. Staying around KL Sentral/Bangsar. Buzz me for a chat 'cos good food and coffee are always welcomed anywhere in the world :)
Cheers!

Hello members,

Mrs and I have decided to move from our life-long abode in Melbourne, Aus to KL for 2 years (starting feb 19) along with our 2 boys (13 & 6). We are doing that mainly for our love of Malay food (both of us are tragic foodies) and our great experience visiting KL tons of times for short visits.. We are planning to be basing ourselves out of KLCC for a period of 2 years and will decide to move to another city for 2 years (Dubai likely) before returning back to Australia.

Would love to attend any expat's social gatherings once there and look forward to saying hello in person..

Thank you.

hi all! ive just moved to Johor as well since last September for work, that'd be great to meet new friends here to hang out with to explore the Johor.

I am working in company A and I having an offer from company B,
Am having a better workplace, better career, salary befits from company B
I have two years contract from 2017, Dec to 2019, Dec in company A, Now am completed 1 year
and got an offer from company B
I discussed with company A HR and I explained to them but they are saying they won't release me.
Right now am serving 2 months notice period

Please advise on this because current employer not processing visa cancellation and tax clearance

Hi All,

My name is shilpi and this is my 2nd visit to Malaysia, i like this city and enjoy the fun here. Looking forward to meeting new people around. I live in KL and would like to make to new buddies in KL....:)

Enjoy and have a great day!!!

Hi everyone,
I am Bodu from India.. I am working here in Malaysia for the last three months. I Live near KLCC.
Please keep in touch if you need any help

Thanks
Bodu

Hi Joeseph. I too moved from Singapore two months back.. keep in touch.
Thanks

Hi

Hi Sandhya

Hi all, I'm new member from Italy currently staying in Selangor for a short visit. Looking for advises to stay here. =)

Closed