New members of the Malaysia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hello everybody,

my name is Udo and I just arrived in Ipoh to work here for the next 6 months. If anybody is interested in doing something from time to time and I am open for nearly everything. From having a short trip to having a cup of coffee or a beer to watching a movie at the cinema.

Greetings
Udo

Welcome

I'm a Malaysian who previously lived in Michigan. You could try Mont Kiara International School (MKIS) it's based off the American education system. For university, you could try Inti International University College or Help University College, they both have American Degree Programs.

Hey everyone,

I'm Omar from London,UK. I've just moved to kl this week and it's a great pleasure to be here. I enjoy hanging out with friends, learning foreign languages and playing sports. I'm friendly, easy going, kind and outgoing. I look forward to meeting like minded professionals and also increase my friends circle. If you're interested in making friends, please feel free to contact me.

Many thanks!

Farzana26 wrote:

<span>[Post under review]</span>

Please note, adverts are not allowed on the open forums - Please stick to posting these in the appropriate sections.

Hi everyone
My name is Ali, I am from Pakistan and a Ph.D. candidate here in Malaysia, Looking forward to meeting like-minded.   Ciao everyone

Hi I am Mukuntan married malaysian , Greetings to all

Hi everyone.
I'm Daniel (21yo) and I'm from Portugal. I would like to soon visit and if possible move to Malaysia.

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : please post in the jobs section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi I moved to Malaysia in December 2017 have 2 children and I from Sydney Australia

Hello, everyone! My name is Arfa and I am a 20-year-old student who is currently studying in Universiti  Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Shah Alam, Selangor, and I am majoring in English for Professional Communication. Nice to meet all of you!

The reason I am here is because I need help. For my Language and Society final project, I am to interview two (2) foreigners or expats who have been living in Malaysia for more than 3 years. I need to interview regarding how you maintain your native language. However, your mother tongue should not be English, Indonesia, Mandarin, or Tamil; basically languages that are already spoken within Malaysia.

If you fall under this category, I will be happy to contact you. Please help a student out! Thank you in advance!  :)

To those who are looking for jobs in Malaysia, here's my take on it:

1. Your best bet would really be the internet. Perhaps websites like LinkedIn or jobstreet are your best bets because even is locals use em.

2. Normally, employers here tend to be less likely to employ foreigners due to the hassle and costs of applying for your work visa.

3. Employers usually hire foreigners for senior management positions.

4. Despite that, it doesn't stop you from trying as I'm sure there are employers out there who might be willing to employ you. Of course, local employees are preferred since it costs lower to employ too. The majority of expat employees in the country are of a senior management level.

Hello. I am an engineer living in the US, probably going to be posted in Cyberjaya for 6 months starting this fall. I am married and have three little kids. Trying to do some research about where to live, etc.

Hello every1, I'm Malaysian.

Have wide business experience but now focused on Industrial Automation / Control System programming services & Bitcoin.

Nice to meet all of you.

thanks.

Hey hi,  Let me know if we can meet-up or hangout with friends for a chat or some social activity , I am available this weekend. May be we are strangers but you never know we can become good friends too or may be share same thoughts to share, I am a newbie here so looking for for new people to meet up.

C yah,
Sam

Hello hgates!

Well for a start, accomodation wise, you will have to look on Airbnb for short term rental. Why? This is because the rental market in Malaysia works in a way that a minimum lease agreement for a home would be ONE year.

Hi Everyone, my name is Mike and I am from the Philippines. I will be starting work in KL this coming July, and will be moving over with my wife and 2yr old son. We are looking to stay in Wangsa Maju as it is a short train ride to my office. Is there anyone from the forum that is staying in the same area that can advise us about it? Thanks and looking forward to meeting you guys in person.

Hello All,

Shahril here. I am currently staying in Petaling Jaya, Selangor. I was living in London for 3 years and I was living in Tokyo for 2 years from 2012 to 2014. I jjoined expat to meet people from all walks of life and also to assist anyone whose new to Malaysia.

Take care and God bless.

Hi everyone, I'm James. I'm originally from the USA, but I moved to KL in July 2016 for a work assignment. I left my job in March this year and am setting up my own business in KL via the Malaysia Tech Entrepreneur Program (MTEP) visa.

Would love to get in touch with other foreigners who are running businesses in KL.

this platform is nice

MissBlossom wrote:

Hello I am Blossom from the Philippines. I will start to work in Malaysia for a company branch and I couldn't be more excited. I am looking for expat friends here who are currently working too in Malaysia since I dont have any friends yet..I want to learn different cultures and traditions..and do adventures with friends like travelling on weekends..Im also keen to meet koreans here because I am very fond with korean the culture so i hope I will be able to meet some of them here..God Bless everyone :)

i couldn't write to you on the messaging platform it seem that they have blocked me from messaging  but here what i was going to say
thank you very
thank you  for the information's , i'll try and look in Facebook like you said ,and i'll visit the website
i think it will be a great experience :) moving to a new place and meeting new faces and experience new things , i'll try to stay in touch :) after this maybe we can meet and laugh over the complications of finding a place to stay In Malaysia :)
you have been of a great help for me and you have made my day ,
thank you very much :)

as you said i'll be unblocked after i participate in some topics ,
well , my name is Chebahi Anis , i'm from Algeria and i'll start working in Malaysia on the 17th of this month
i have maid one friend :)
thank god there is steel some nice people in this world :)

Hey hi,  Let me know if we can meet-up or hangout with friends for a chat or some social activity . May be know we can become good friends too or may be share same thoughts to share, I am a newbie here so looking for for new people to meet up.

C yah,
Sam

I guess Bangsar or  P J area will be suitable for you. Let me know if you have any question.

Hey hi,  Let me know if we can meet-up or hangout with friends for a chat or some social activity . May be we can become good friends too , I am a newbie here so looking for for new people to meet up.

C yah,
Sam

Hello All,

My name is Raj Abhyuday from India and working in KL since October , 2017 as expat.
Want to know more Indian families , catch up and meet to make new friends.
I am currently staying in Kelana Jaya.

Hi there,
My name is Raz. I am a trained chef from Sydney, Australia with 8 years experience. I have worked with Luke Nguyen at the Red Lantern, Peter Doyle at Est. and Frank Shek at China Doll. I also worked at a childcare for a year cooking for children from the age of 6 weeks to 5 years old at one of GoodStart Early Learning Centres in Sydney before I moved to KL.
If you need a personal cook at home to cook for your family, please do not hesitate to contact me. I have a strong focus in healthy and balanced food. Food scene is great in KL, but is not very healthy...

Hi,
I am Zaara from Bangladesh. I'll be moving to KL next month. Looking forward to meeting new friends.

kindly give me your precious opinion !
I am from Pakistan having the degree of "master's in IT" and also certified from oracle university America in database administration and i am thinking to come there in Malaysia for job, as you are living there in Malaysia and know much better then me about the environment and the circumstances etc , so what would you like to  suggest me ?
Thank you!

Am Aicha from Algeria, expecting to move in a month if everything goes as plannes : ) looking forward to start this new experience! ^^

KL MINGLE

TEG KL Mingle: Sky Bar @ Traders Hotel - Thursday, 14 June 2018

The next Mingle will take place at the gorgeous Sky Bar on Level 33, Traders Hotel. This awardwinning and popular bar in the heart of the city centre features a variety of cocktails, nightly DJs, and amazing views of the Petronas Twin Towers. Come for the view, stay for the fun! We look forward to seeing you there!

When: Thursday, 14 June 2018
Time: 7pm - 9pm
Venue: Sky Bar, Traders Hotel, Level 33, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur.

Price:
Free-Flow Beer + Finger Food
The Expat Card Holders: RM50 | Non Cardholders: RM60

3 Glasses of Wine + Finger Food
The Expat Card Holders: RM50 | Non Cardholders: RM60

Bottle of Wine + Finger Food
The Expat Card Holders: RM70 | Non Cardholders: RM80

Add-ons
Extra glass of beer: RM5 / Extra glass of wine: RM10

Register by emailing [email protected] or you can contact Anne at 03.2093 9539

Or register at their website - http://mingle.expatgo.com/

Hi everyone,
My name is Dragan and I am Physics and Maths Teacher relocating to Subang Jaya in August.
Looking forward to meeting up with all open minded folks.
School will assist me in finding apartment but any tip would be very useful.
Feel free to hit me up with a line!

Cheers!
Dragan

Setia Eco Glades is beautiful for a family and it's in cyberjaya. I live here with my family

Hi Everyone,

Im Shirlyn, I just join this forum here. Interesting...

Im from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Running AirBnB and Short Term Rent on my properties.

I would like to travel around, it is my biggest hobby.

Nice to know everyone here.

Hi Everyone,

Im Saleh, I just join this forum here.

Im living in Malaysia right now. Running Online marketing  business for tourism packages specially for Middle East.

I like to explore new places and learn different cultures and languages.

Nice to know you guys :)

I will be coming in August and looking for apartment,

Hi Draggan,

Welcome to Malaysia, which state you looking at? Kuala Lumpur?

Hi Shirlyn,

Thank you for warm welcome but I will be coming in August in Subang Jaya.

Hi, i am in Malaysia and planing to go Langkawi island on this coming Eid holidays anyone here to join me? thanks

Hi there!!

I am Marie Ann from Malaysia. Just came across expat.com today and decided to join in the group. Thank you for accepting me into this group. :)

Closed