New members of the Malaysia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi! I'm Ian, an Indonesian. I'll move to Cyberjaya next month and will work in KLIA. Hope we could be a good friend here.

Well here goes...

Finally after months of diabolical immigration work, me and my wife are finally here in Kuala Lumpur (Kolumpo)

Arrived in March 4th , currently residing in Ampang area :)
Lo' and behold things are never smooth when re-locating but we managed to make some nice friends amongst the treacherous route to finding a home. Alhamdullilah'

So to all of you expats' hello and hopefully we can share fun exciting stories and probably meet up for coffee and cake `

Have a good solid 2018 !

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi everyone, nice to meet y'all.

Just started here.

A quick intro of myself. I'm from Selangor. Currently working at a post-production company.

Cheers!

Oh, I am sorry.

Thanks

Formerly a Malaysian expat abroad. I've lived in London and also in Michigan. Currently back home for good in Kuala Lumpur. Currently a realtor in KL.

If anyone would ever need advice about living in Malaysia, do drop me a message. Will assist in whatever way I can. I was once an expat like you too! Haha!

Hi all,
Myself parvathy.  My husband got transfer to Malaysia.  We are planning to shift from India to Kuala Lumpur by April mid. I've a son,5 years old. We have finalised GIobal Indian International School for him. Husband's office also is near by. Now we're looking for a flat for rent in kl sentral area.We don't prefer highly expensive ones.  Any suggestions would be of great help. TIA.

Hey this is Naveen....working in KL since 2012.....

Cheers.

Hi. Im looking any guys who single out there. Lets meet and have fun together. Chill at starbuck maybe? Hehehe

Welcome!

Hi,

I am Mohamed Riyas. Software Developer. Hopefully will relocate to KL soon.

Hi everyone! I'm Sam. I am an Australian who has been living in London for the past 5 years.
I will be moving to KL in May with my husband and 1 year old son. We are looking forward to this new adventure and can't wait to arrive!
Hope you are all well!
Xxx

Hi every one.... My husband and me come from India. We have recently shifted to Malaysia and enjoying the country very much.  I was an HR professional in India and looking for job openings here.  Pls let me know if anyone comes across such openings.

Hi There.

I am moving to KL soon

Lets catchup as not knowing much about KL

Quang

Would love to when I officially move there

Hi my boyfriend and I are here this week apartment shopping as we will be living in kL central area part time for a year then moving full time for a few years.   Any Americans around this week that can meet up for lunch in klcc or Bukit Bintang area for advice :)

Malaysian but feel like an expat having lived in 3 different countries over the past 20 years.  I'm learning  about KL all over and stunned by the changes.

Moved from Singapore January this year with y 2 furbabies

Nice to meet you all

My name is Mavis, I am a Vietnamese who move to Malaysia KL next week for new job. Hope to get to know you guys and get some experience living in KL alone :)

Hi, I am from Singapore and is based in KL for the next 3 months. Currently staying in Jalan Ampang area. Will be happy to make some new friends over dinner/ drinks.

Cheers,
Hui Ting

Hello everyone! 🙂
I'm a currently based in London, working in data insight and marketing analytics in a media company here. I'll be moving to KL for a year in June. I love travelling, getting to know new people and culture, wine, Latin and world music, salsa dancing and a bit of nerdy reading about data science related programming language! :-p
I'm looking for a fully furnished 1/2 bedroom apartment from the 15th. Ideally, the apartment will be located very centrally or in a good neighbourhood close to public transportation and subways.
I'm not really very familiar with KL areas, and not aware of any website or agencies that'll be able to help me find this.
Please PM me if you have anything available, or to advise how I can proceed with finding a suitable place or pass an relevant contacts.
Also, I'll be keen to get to know some friendly and like-minded people. So, feel free to introduce yourself or drop a line 🙂
Cheers.
Nad

Hello All,

A newbie in Malaysia, great to see you all here! Hope I get good connections in this forum!

Cheers

been member of this web (used to be expats-blog) since 2010 but started to use again
Zen
32 m, Pakistan.
Expat in KL since 2008

My name is AliMujeeb and i  am residing in malaysia since 4 years doing my doctorate and now actively looking for job as i am in need of it.

Resides in Jalan Ampang too

Hello Hui Ting

I just moved here from Singapore 6 mths ago.  Lived there for more than 20 years!

Where in do you live here?

Hi,

I am from India, I am relocating with my husband to Kuala Lumpur in May18.
I am a working as HR professional in India , Intend to work in Kuala Lumpur also.

Would appreciate if members can suggests any relevant HR job recommendations .

Hello all,
I am an American high school student currently finishing up with 12th grade. My parents and I are considering Malaysia as the next step for university. We are looking into several schools and try to get as much information about getting into a school, getting a visa and whatnot.
If there is any other Americans who studied or will be studying in Malaysia, let me know, I'd like to get your perspective on your experiences so far.

All the best everyone

Hi Julien et al,

I am not exactly new to KL - I have been here for 12 years.    I teach in a University and have the Talent Pass visa.   My wife, Tray, is an English teacher.

Interests include diving, football and flying (I am also a part time flight instructor at Subang)

Cheers
Michael

Hi Niteesha ,

Welcome to KL.

HI Michael,

This is Ky here. Nice to "e-meet" you. I've just moved back to KL after 18 years in London. My partner is interested in taking up flying lessons again. He had done around 10 lessons in UK in the last couple of years. If there any flying schools you can recommend?

Many thanks in advance!

Ky

Hello everyone.  My name is Tom and I am currently living in Atlanta, GA.  I am strongly considering retiring to George Town, Penanag Malaysia 3.5yrs from now.  I am just starting to gather information as to how to make this work.  From time to time I will have questions regarding housing, overall costs associated with such a move, culture shock...etc.....etc.  Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

Welcome to KL Niteesha.

Welcome

Hi All,

I'm Hossien ..staying at KL

Hii!
I'm Tiffany nice to meet everyone.
I'm from India hoping to move to Malaysia in the future.

Hi All
im Handy from INdonesia , i just move in to KK , i work at Tun Razak Street ,

nice to know u all , hope we can hangout sometimes

Hi pixie, nice to meet you. I 'm Malaysian stay in ampang

Hi there,
Just arrived in town and would like to catch up with locals and expats...interested in catching up, drop me a msg:)
Cheers Adrian

Hi I'm Saleh new in Malaysia and like to have new friends here

hi, nice to meet you here. Where you staying in selangor?

Closed