New members of the Italy forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Greetings everyone!
I was living in Padua 2 years and I am currently living in NY.
I need your help. Is here anyone from Sicily? Could you send a postcard to my friend in UK? Her daughter is terminally ill now and my friend needs a support.
Why from Sicily? This is her favorite place, with which many good memories are associated. I believe that a little postcard will give her new power in this hard period and she will overcome these difficulties!
Why do I ask you? I believe that there are good people and maybe someday you will need my help. Well, I'm at your disposal!
Please if you can do this, write to me in pm or here.

Thanks in advance!

hey hey this is Charlie and nice to meet you all. I'm living in Rome and interested in meeting someone from Thailand. I normally live between France, Germany and Spain for my job but mostly in Rome and "maybe" in the future in Thailand.  If someone is interested in theatres or Thai dance please advice me :-)
I found a so very nice Thai restaurant in the centre of Rome, not anyone interested in having an aperitive there ?

ciao ciao from the Eternal City

hey hey Scarlett,
nice to see you here :-) I am Italian and from Rome even if I am here as I travel quite so much for my job . Nice to know that you'll be a new neighbour of us :-) which school or institution are you going to see here ? ciao ciao from the Eternal City, Charlie

What do you have to do to prove your divorce? I'm wondering if it's the same thing as registering s death certificate, i.e. getting it translated and apostilled then authenticated??

Searching for clues,
Rita

My husband and I are from Denver, Colorado. We decided to retire and test run living in Italy. We both fell in love with Verona and are now here for several months.

We are hoping to meet people English speaking, though we are working on our Italian through a school: inClasse, which has been great so far.

We were disappointed in Bologna. The graffiti on almost every historical building, church, etc makes for a very dirty college town. Too bad, as it is the birthplace of a lot of rich cultural heritage.

Consider the North. A bit more expensive, but beautiful, cooler, great access to the rest of Europe.

Other English speaking folks, please let us know who you are!

my name is fasil am ethiopian.am a private practising lawyer specialization in international law(llm) am  now learning my second masters  degree in ethiopia.after  five months am coming to italy.by then i want to get scholarship there free of tuition fee and want to come back to my country to help my people. So how can you guys help me obtain scholarship?

am coming there for 7 days of conference

Hello all, I am Monica from Indonesia. I am now living in Dubai, and planning to join my partner who is getting an offer in Italy, and considers to take the chance to move. I am happy, and confuse at the same time. Not sure of what I can apply for job there, any input will do please?! I am an Admin Assistant here, mastering also HR and finance. Or those posts only for native Italian candidates? Any pets caregiver, or any job in veterinarian as animal handler...... I am learning the Italian language now, as I may also seeing possibility to be an Indonesian-Italian or English-Indonesian translator for Indonesian institutions...... will it possible? Or any Indonesian cultural organizations I can join into? All help, all info will be highest appreciate!

Thank you,
Monica

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum,my family and I are planning to move to Italy probably Florence area but we were not sure. Hopefully summer 2019 and we might rent an apartment first until we find a house. We have a seven years old daughter that most of her education is so important. Please suggest places in Italy that is good for American expat.                   

Thank you!
Cascadia

Hello

Am Renee from London UK. I am planning to move next April to Verona Italy with my husband and twins. We decided on Verona area as its close to my husband's family and our friends.

So far we found the school for the children but hopping to find a good size family house to rent.

Unfortunately its quite difficult to find online as there aren't many suitable large properties to rent advertised online.
Does anyone know how or where can I look we need to be about 20 to 30 minutes drive to central Verona max and looking for a independent house with large garden and swimming pool.

So far I found nothing.

Ps is there any expats groups in th area?

You may check Subito You will find for what you are searching

Thank you  :)

Hi everyone ! I'm Esther from London and plan to move to Rome in September  :D

Hi, I'm Christelle from PH. I'm new in here. I have a question regarding of my permesso I hope that you could help me. I have this permesso familiare, released last year and will be expire on 5 years. Last year I entered Italy twice for three months each using visa. In this year I entered Italy again using my permesso, (currently 2 months now since I arrived this year) but again have to go back in Philippines in the next month. I would like to ask how long can I stay to Philippines to maintain my permesso valid until the date of expiry. ? I have read some answers that if they stay out of Italy for 6 consecutive months , the permesso may  not be valid anymore,.

Thank you,
Christelle

Hello! I just arrived in Lecce about five days ago where I am working as an au pair. I am from America, but am looking for any English speaking people to meet up with while I am here. Anyone else in Lecce?

:) Hello everyone
My name is Jimmy I'm from El Salvador and I've read online that I don't need a visa to travel as a tourist for a period of max. 90 days. So I will be traveling to Milan Italy in mid July but I want to apply for the permit to stay "permesso di soggiorno" can anybody give me some detailed info on how to apply for that once I get there. One problem that I have is that I don't have a letter of invitation from somebody in Italy. So will that be a problem for me to apply I think please someone help me with suggestion. Thank you in advance for your help it is appreciated.
God bless!

Im Jen,
I am planning to move to/around Milan, Italy in 2019 with my partner who will be based out there for a year with his company. I am a newly qualified nurse and I am in the process of trying to find an English speaking/international hospital in which I could possibly work, so any advice on this would be greatly appreciated

Hi Everyone, My name is Druan.
I am very pleased to meet you and to be part of  this forum. The reason why I reached out to expact.com is because of a love story.

Four years ago I met the most amazing, beautiful and intelligent woman that a man can desire online.She lives in Foggia Italy and I live in South Africa. We were friends for a long time but before I knew it I was deeply in love with her.

She introduced me to her family and I started to fall in love with the Italian people and their language culture and esspecially the food. Every day that passes makes my heart grow fonder. We want to be together.

That is why I decided to look for work in Italy. I Have been looking for work now for quite some time and I have even been to some interviews, but until now my job hunt has been unfruitful and yielded no results.

I've tried everything from online Jobs sites like indeed.com to reaching out to employers through their own websites or from refferals.

I feel that part of the problem is that I don't have a network of contacts in Italy aside from my girlfriend and her family. I'm not a person that quits or gives up, and thats why I decided to see if I can find people online that I can reach out to.

I have many skills. I was a music and art teacher for quite some time before I entered the world of sales and marketing. I'm not afraid of hard work or getting my hands dirty either. I worked in farms and carpentry and recycling factories and have also had a hand in hard labour construction Jobs. I am a qualified legal financial compliance officer.

I have problem solving skills and am also very intelligent. I have web and software development skills. I Know HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Java, C++ and Linux skills. I am also very good at SEO and SMM.

Here is a link to a mobile first, responsive website that I hand coded. [link moderated]

I am an honest and hard working person, I come out of a good Afrikaans home. However, I love Italian culture and people. I have even learned to speak Italian and I know that I will assimilate well. If you know someone that can assist me or have some advice then please help me.

Ciao John

I am Akash. I will be moving to Italy soon. I will be staying there as an MBA grad at Politechnico di Milano. I am very excited about it and a friend advised me to join Expat to make new friends. I am interested in learning Italian and also looking for some accommodation help.

Ciao,

I am planning to move to Bologna in September. I would like to meet people and learn more about the city, how to get jobs and more information. Hoping to socialize and learn.

Feel free to message me.

Thanks everyone. I'm from Sydney and have just started researching the feasibility of making Perugia my ‘second home'. It seems I can't get a working visa or register as a Psychologist there (I am a registered Psych in Sydney with 20 plus years experience). Do you think  it might be possible for me to have a small private practice in Perugia serving the English expat community without getting into trouble? I would appreciate any thoughts you may have as this could help me to realise my dream. Thank you. :)

I am Ugo, owner of the website *** - I deal with problems with Italian bureaucracy and mortgages for non Italians who buy home in Italy or simply move to Italy - Army this activity for over 20 years, to date 24 June 2018, I have 780 satisfied customers, the site has an interesting page of Testimonials (reach them!) - I'm present in many expart forums, answering the most varied questions, my site has pages always updated on various Italian laws, in particular on regulations that affect all those who come to live or buy real estate in Italy.

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : no external link please

Thank you for developing this wonderful website. If I have any real estate needs I will contact you. In fact one day  Id like to buy  a traditional stone house with minimum 3  beds and two bathrooms with a lovely private garden 3 to 8 kms outside a a lovely Italian town such as San Gimignano or even on the outskirts of Florence, Perugia or even Cinque Terre. I will contact you when I get to that stage. Thanks again.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but not to Italy!! I've been living, working and raising my kids here for 17 years.
I stumbled accross this site as i am currently looking to recruit some teachers for the school I manage in Tuscany.
If I can be of help to any newbies to Italy it would be my pleasure.

Hi Muireann, are you looking for English teachers and so what are the qualifications you are seeking?

Hi,
I'm looking for native English-speaking graduates with tefl or similar.
Those are the baseline requirements.

Hi, Did you try to use an immigration lawyer?  They normally know their way around these situations and often have contacts at the embassy that they work with.
Nico

Hi folk!

I'm an Italian citizen looking for international friends.

Read you soon,
Licia

Hi
My name is Gloria. I am currently living in Ethiopia, Addis Ababa. I will be moving to Venice soon. I would like to know if there is any work opportunities there. I speak Italian and English.

Hello everyone,
I am Thwee, a Vietnamese living in Ho Chi Minh city Vietnam.
I graduated from University of Economics here in Vietnam, worked in banking and finance for 8 years, self learning fashion design for 9 years, i have good taste in style and capable to make all kinds of women wear from a piece of fabric by myself. I love nature and people, i do believe human beings need a lot of caring and loving from each other that makes me involve into taking care of old and in sickness people in my free time.
I am confident and be ready for a job as a house maid or seamstress in Italy now
I am so much interested in the history, the culture, the beauty and the language of Italy
Hopefully someone can offer me a chance to work in your amazing country it would be grateful and honored to me!
Thank you very much for reading my introduction!

hi Sandy im Thuy living in HCM city, i have idea to move there for living. it would be kind of you if we can email i would like to know more about real life over there. my email is ****
Thank you

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello all  :)

From Washington DC, USA moving to Campione d'Italia in a month or so.  We are retired, hoping to live in Italy permanently.  Just got our ER visa, and a excited and nervous at the same time, as we don't know Italian and everything will be new.  Hope we can adjust in time..........

Good day sir.

Warmest welcome sir
Thank you sir, God bless us all
Hope and pray i could find one here :-)

Ciao All!!

I will be relocating to Porto Santo Stefano, Tuscany at the end of August and would love to know if there are any fellow expats around that area. I'm certain that I will pick up Italian within no time and mingle with the locals no problem, however it is always comforting to meet fellow expats who can share any tips on being the Newbie.

I am a South African who grew up in England and Hong Kong and have spent the last 3 years working around Europe within the yachting industry.

Looking forward to hearing back,

Emily

Hello guys,
am Abdell from Mauritania, living currently in Turkey. I consider moving to Bologna for one year GLOBAL MBA program at Bologna University, Business School as I have been awarded a scholarship.
I have been living and working in 4 countries in 4 continents. I have traveled more than 90 countries.
I got into professional life couple of years ago and now am living my job here and all to take this new adventure in Bologna. I have been in Bologna last March  as part of my job taking part at Cosmoprof fair. That is a long story short.
I am a published writer, photographer.
Getting to one of my important points here. I have solid experience in export and international business development, I use 4 languages fluently : French, Arabic, English and Turkish and I use Korean and portuguese in basic conversation. I hold 3 master degrees : Applied Maths, Languages and translation and Media and communication. Guys, if you know about any freelance jobs, pat time jobs or whatever please feel free to share them with me.
Thank you
Abdell

Ciao y'all,

I'm technically not an expat— I recently obtained my Italian Passport and am a dual-citizen. I currently practice as a marriage and family therapist in the Bay Area and have an MA in counseling psychology. I hope eventually to practice and teach in Italy once I brush up on my Italian and figure out all the ins-and-outs of being a psychotherapist there. My girlfriend and I have targeted Perugia as a potentially cool spot to land due to its appealing size and culture. And advice or thoughts would be appreciated!

Best,

Ken

Hi, my nane is Carolina, I'm Italian and live near Turin. I teach Italian as a second language. I'm interested in a language and culture exchange, I'd like to speak and improve my English and in return help expats to know more about my country and my language

Hey there. I am soon moving to Italy and I am very interested in learning Italian. I am good at English so I can help you with that.

Hi,
Another fellow Saint Lucian moving to Emilia Romagna in May 2019!

Hai
Iam a third year student in Florence Academy of Art.
Iam an Indian citizen
Facing little confusion regarding travel back to Florence for my final year of study .
As I did not receive my permesso in time before I left italy.
I was searching the internet for more information and I found out this site
Hope this site would bring valid answers to my post

Closed