Close

New members of the Ireland forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Ireland forum? Don’t know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Ireland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello, I am a 37 yr old Licensed Massage Therapist living in Utah, USA. I have been to Ireland 2x in the last year and knew after a week into the first trip that I wanted to move there.
I have no idea where to start with that process and its all very overwhelming.
I am aware that its unlikely to get a work visa in my current career field.
Is anyone aware of any alternate routes to gaining a Visa and the ability to work there ?
I have been looking into additional schooling also as a potential route ...
Has anyone purchased a property as a vacation home and then rented it out when not there and then used that as an avenue toward gaining a Visa ( ie: having it held as a US business and then once it has reasonable revenue looking at moving it to a ireland based business and applying for a visa as an entrepreneur / business owner  )
Also what about doing part of your schooling out of the country and then transfering to a student visa the last year of schooling for a critical skills field?
I'm open to any and all suggestions on this as the end goal is just the ability to move myself and my children there.