New members of the Hungary forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Hungary forum? Don’t know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Hungary if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello ninamiller,

You will first time in Budapest?
You can search job for example via profession it is the biggest one job advertising website.

Yes this will be my first time visiting Budapest.☺

Oh I'll definitely have to search on there.

Thank you very much for your help Peter! ☺

Your welcome, if you need any help, don't hesitate to contact me.

Just joined. Originally from PH but moved to NL to study. Been living at the southern countryside with the mister and our fur balls. I hope to be able to make friends in the process of getting to know Hungary.  :)

hi Nina Im an Aussie too and would love to meet and chat. Love to find out whats happening back in Oz
and welcome to Hungary

This is Pushpan from Sri Lanka New Member for this Forum, I am Planing to Settle in Hungry, Expirence Personal Guide me for Procedures Please.

I am Anissa, I've just arrived in Budapest. I moved in with my father who has already been living here for years, but who isn't very integrated (doesn't speak neither English nor Hungarian). I am planning on settling here, at least for some time as I am expecting a baby. I would like to find a job in which I can use my language skills. Since I am here now, I want to learn Hungarian and I've already inscribed myself to a Hungarian language course.

Hi All,
Chris Here, looking at the pros and cons of getting a cheap place to do up and spend as much time as poss, away from the Uk with the wife and occasionally the kids ... Been googling..about best place to live etc , and it makes for heavy reading. I suppose like all things a lot to take in and digest. Ive built a few wood fired ovens, so be great to build one in my own place, I  do traditional lime renders  and plasters (NHL and slaked) so be nice to use my skills on my own project instead of customers over in the UK. (not plugging for work!)
Most of the family enjoy camping, (roughing it and  glamping). When I get the time sea and river fishing and cooking over open fires.
Ive got a fight booked to Debrechen in April spending eight days or so  to try and do a reccie

hi all
i have been to this lovely country when i visit Europe and would love to meet nice people for friendship there. Also would like to have a business partnership in my country too Interest decent people are mostly well come.

Szia, Darrell Vagyok. I am looking to move there for 1 year while traveling through EU.

I would love to finish studying the language, checking out the rich buildings, and just experience something new.

I have lived in S.E.A. for a year and came back home to California to work and finish school.

Any Advice about visas and finding housing would be extremely welcomed.

Sziasztok, Lee vagyok. I'm an English to Japanese freelance translator.

I have a working holiday visa in Hungary and go to a Hungarian language school now. I hope to study arts in Hungarian eventually and possibly would settle here.

I'd very appreciate any advice for taxation on a freelancer :)