Close

New members of the Greece forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Greece forum? Don’t know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Greece if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi guys and gals,

I have recently moved here and I am wondering if anyone knows of any English speaking jobs currently available?

I am really looking for any kind of work in any field.

If any of you fellow expats could help that would be great!!

Hello Stephen,you might take a look at my post below in answer to Priscilla.Obviously now that Greece is attracting so much tourism that maybe the field for you to investigate.My husband works at Athens airport and tells me that the baggage system has to be completely upgraded due to sheer volume of bags passing through,I should think they would need another runway soon as well.The cruise liners leaving from Greek ports will begin to look for staff now and ferries,particularly the cruise ships need English speakers.Teleperformance is always advertising on Expat.com here.The Greek islands get very busy so you may find work on some of them.I would personally look for jobs in the high end tourist places so as to perhaps gain valid experience,knowledge and hopefully a long term career.

hi everyone!

officially, we moved to chania, Crete in April 2016.
i'm Moroccan with a multi background from the Mediterranean.
i'm an MBA holder in general management in hospitality and tourism, have been working in this sector for over 15 years from the hotel operation, coaching and training till lecturing in tourism colleges and consultancy job. have published academic researches in my field.
chania is our love from first eye contact, from the first visit we decided that this the place we want to settle and pass the rest of our life.
we have a small hotel apartment business  that is run by a local hotel's company.
we are still on and off as we still have some work to finalise in Kazakhstan.
when i will settle, would love to find some work as part time in teaching, consultancy job and training.
i've learned some key words of the Greek language  and i will be learning it fully when i will settle fully.
i would love to meet more people and to be part of the Greek community.

i moved to athens few months ago....working as financial analyst...hope to meet more expats.

Hello everyone, my name is Nikola and I come from Serbia. I am hoping to spend this summer in Greece and meet many nice people and perhaps make friends for life. Jamas!

Hello everyone!!
My name is fab, I am thinking of retiring and living in Greece. I lived in Greece in 1976 to 1997, I can read and speak enough Greek. I worked in Greece at Damagito 4 T.T 503
Δαμαγητου 4 τ503
Παγκατι αθηναι
my manager name is alekos iglesis (αλεκος ιγγλεσησ).  I would like to know about the people and reconnect with them, also I want to know about and the place  if still there.  I would appreciate very much for your help...

Hi guys!
I live in Greece now for many years, but soon I will move to Cyprus. Actually I am already living in two countries.
So if someone need help about Greece, I will be happy to help! (I know everything about Rhodes island and Thessaloniki city).
In Cyprus I just started my exploring trip, at the same time with opening my family business (car rental in Paphos).
I grew up in Moscow so I speak three languages.
I will be happy to make new friends!

Hi
My husband and I plan to retire (currently living in California, USA) and move to Thessaloniki area in June 2019.  We are trying to find information about reputable realtors, and whether or not Greece does home mortgage loans? 

Thanks

Hi,to tell you that I believe you will be totally unable to have a loan of any kind from a Greek bank.Greek banks are trying to bring in unpaid personal and home loan repayments of which there are millions of people in arrears and will never be returned.My husband who is Greek wanted three thousand from his bank and they refused and other banks so what chance for non Greek?

Hello! My name is Anna and I am from Canada :)

I just arrived in Greece 10 days ago on the island of Leros, close to Turkey.

I am a massage therapist and yoga teacher by trade, and have ordered a table to arrive here so i can work during the summer season. 
I am quite unsure of how it works here, but will see if I am able to secure a clientele and make a living here.  I have British citizenship so for the moment, until/if brexit finalizes, I do believe I can work in Greece as an autonomous worker. Please inform me if someone knows more about this :)

I would love to meet expats in this area, even on nearby islands as well!
I am learning Greek, but it will take a bit of time.

Look forward to hearing from you

Anna