Close

New members of the Germany forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Germany forum? Don’t know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Germany if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello. My name is Anthony Douglas and I have been considering moving to Germany for a short while now.

Hi all,

I'm Som and I am new to this forum. I have been staying in Germany since past three months and I'm currently working as IT consultant in Frankfurt. I will be glad to meet with people from all over the world who are staying in Germany. I speak English and a bit German.

Thank you.

My name is Ulrike.  I have lived in New Orleans and now Oakland , CA.  I am a nurse here in Oakland and I am hoping to retire early and move back to Germany.  I unfortunately took US citizenship, but looking back on it is was a big mistake.  I am looking to move back to Kreis Mainz Bingen at least part time in the summer months or full time.  The problem are double taxation and having to pay for medical insurance. 
I much prefer German culture .........

Hi everyone,

My name is Shriharsha. You can call me Harsha. I am new to this forum. I'm from India and I'm currently working as Software Developer in Bangalore, India. I've been to Germany several times on short visits (2-3 months) and I like the German work culture very much. I'm looking out for suitable jobs in Germany and prefer to stay and work there as long as possible :)

I would also like to make new friends around the world who are living in Germany and get in touch with them to know more about job opportunities and the German culture. I speak English, Hindi, Kannada and a bit German (conversant level).

Anyway, I am Garry from the Philippines.

I would like to ask for your advice and help, as well as your support, since I am planning to move there soon.

I would like to know more friends and people who can help me adapt to culture and life there. I had to chance to have business trip and vacation last 2016 for an international conference (I was in Munich, too). I fell in love with Wien (Austria) and Munich.

Hope to know you guys more! Please pm me if you wanna meet

Danke.

Me, too! I hope we can discuss about what to do and how to become adaptive to culture!

Hi all,

I'm Kusum and I am new to this forum. I am planning to move to Frankfurt in October . I will be glad to meet Indians who are staying in Germany. I speak English and Hindi. I am Fashion designer and have my own label in India. My husband is a CA and we will be shifting because if his job change. I am interested in finding out any fashion designing courses in Frankfurt. Appreciate if anyone can help me with any information.

Thanks and regards

Hi all,
   I am Kirit. I am from India and am moving to Berlin with my spouse soon to work for a couple of years. I look forward to being a part of the Berlin community.

I am looking for rental flats in Berlin on online websites like immowelt.de. Please let me know if there are any tips for finding housing and also which areas of Berlin might be preferred (or not preferred).

Thank you,
Kirit.

Hello.I have for rent one big room if you want :)