New members of the England forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the England forum? Don’t know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in England if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi all and Thank you Julien,

I have been living in England, more precisely in Kent, for 3 years and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have since become, what I would call, and Anglophile and would like to move there again if I have the opportunity and looking out for job opportunities. I am in the banking sector and fluent in both English and French since I come from Mauritius which is a bilingual country.  I would thus love to exchange views, news/events and opportunities related to England.

I recently moved to Bristol to join my husband. Looking to meet new friends, people I can relate to. I lived in California most of my life and I'm Latina! Need some insight on how fellow Americans find it living here, food, things to do. :)

Hello. My name is Andreea and I have more than 1 year since I moved in UK.

Moved here by error, from UK came the first job offer so I left without blinking. That offer was in Wales, as housekeeper into a hotel.

After 8 months, I got fired cause had one sick day off and the employer even accused me of abandoning my employment to escape without giving me the legal rights.

From Wales, I moved to England, for a job offer as test technician. Most of my workmates were British, so understanding the British culture was a big issue. Too big for me to adopt it fast enough, so got fired again.

If I would try again to find a job, I'd be fired again. So I created Immigrant School, a place where expats learn about the British culture and system. It helps them to speed up their adaptation process. In case anyone wants to see the website, please let me know. I'm not sure it's allowed to post here the link.

Moderated by Bhavna 2 weeks ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct