New members of the Egypt forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

we've been living here in Cairo for 3.5 years, we enjoy our life and have visited many lovely places in the country such as dahab, Sharm,  hurghada, El gouna,  safaga,  quseir, marsa alam, marsa sagra, Aswan, luxor etc so far no significant safety and security issues.

Hello, I will be glad to help anyone needs info about Egypt. Good luck all!

Hi everyone, I'm an Egyptian guy,

First of all, welcome here in Egypt, I hope you nice life here.

I've married to a so lovely American girl in Jan 2018 and is going to come again in next Oct and will move here in next Mar to live together for like 1 year before moving final to US.

Any one need help, we are all the Egyptian are so ready to help.

Best wishes for all

Brunny wrote:

Hello there!
Im Brunny, a Brit moving to Cairo this summer. Ive been living in Shenzhen for the last 5 years and am now ready for another change. Really looking forward to Cairo, Im reading up lots about it and looks fantastic!

Im not sure where Ill be living, but hopefully Zamalek.

Im a history teacher and Im into a bunch of things from watching sports, to sea kayaking, dancing, animals, comedy clubs and what ever else really.

Am hoping more than anything else to make some contacts before I arrive - so if you think you might fancy meeting up for a wine some time then let me know.
Id definitely like to hear from single women and their experiences of living in Cairo as it does worry me a little bit - getting around on my own and all that.

Cheers

Brunny

Hello Brunny,
I moved to Cairo 8 months ago from Shenzhen. You already moved to Cairo or still planning?

BR
Dara

Hello,  Everyone,
My name is Dara, Chinese moved here 8 months ago because of work. Working in New Cairo, living in Nasr but planing to move to New Cairo. Often goes to Maadi for Chinese Food. Nice to know you all.

BR
DD

yaqianq wrote:

Hello,  Everyone,
My name is Dara, Chinese moved here 8 months ago because of work. Working in New Cairo, living in Nasr but planing to move to New Cairo. Often goes to Maadi for Chinese Food. Nice to know you all.

BR
DD

welcome to Egypt

Hi Dara,

I guess "Welcome to EG" is a bit overdue by now  :D 
I was wondering  if there are any good Chinese food around here. Would you recommend any place in particular?

Thanks,
Peter

Hello Dara and welcome , I was in Giza and I moved back to Italy already. I will probably visit Egypt from time to time.
I want to informs the members who sent me private messages, that I can not send or reply to any p.m. as I've been blocked.
I will reply as soon as I can

PeterAwad wrote:

Hi Dara,

I guess "Welcome to EG" is a bit overdue by now  :D 
I was wondering  if there are any good Chinese food around here. Would you recommend any place in particular?

Thanks,
Peter

Maadi 208 street and 233 street, you can find authentic Chinese restaurants there, called Chengis khan.

Fabio1979 wrote:

Hello Dara and welcome , I was in Giza and I moved back to Italy already. I will probably visit Egypt from time to time.
I want to informs the members who sent me private messages, that I can not send or reply to any p.m. as I've been blocked.
I will reply as soon as I can

why you are blocked? Lol

Suspected spamming

Hi I am German and I currently live in London. I have been to Alexandria about a year ago and I really liked it. I have done some German teaching in the UK so I heard that you can earn good money in Alex as a native German speaker. Otherwise I am working in Marketing, I joined this site to hopefully meet some Expats who live in Alex now to make friends and to perhaps find out more about the city and the live in Egypt in order to help to make up my mind about moving there. What I gather so far is that speaking Arabic well is a must ...... I am struggling with that..... but not given up yet :).

Big Dream wrote:

Hi I am German and I currently live in London. I have been to Alexandria about a year ago and I really liked it. I have done some German teaching in the UK so I heard that you can earn good money in Alex as a native German speaker. Otherwise I am working in Marketing, I joined this site to hopefully meet some Expats who live in Alex now to make friends and to perhaps find out more about the city and the live in Egypt in order to help to make up my mind about moving there. What I gather so far is that speaking Arabic well is a must ...... I am struggling with that..... but not given up yet :).

Regarding Arabic language, struggling how?

Are  you being funny...lol....it's completely different - letters, pronounciation etc. then there is Arabic and Egyptian Arabic...but I find learning Arabic pronunciation from music can be fun ....:)

Big Dream wrote:

Are  you being funny...lol....it's completely different - letters, pronounciation etc. then there is Arabic and Egyptian Arabic...but I find learning Arabic pronunciation from music can be fun ....:)

hahaha...I prefer you focus on arabic not egyptian arabic for now! Nice idea, there are a lot of options for music!

Hi All,
My name is Moody. I live in Cairo.
Egypt is very safe and full of tourism places. I like that you choose egypt to visit/stay.
Will be more than happy to help! Enjoy :)

Hey :)

it's me. Mikel.
I arrived in Cairo (live in Maadi like most expats) just a couple days ago and so far it has been great to me.

I was wondering if someone wants to check out some parts of cairo on the Weekends or if someone knows some great diving spots and how to get there. Sadly i have to work during the week ;)

I am always up for coffee and good Food :)

So thanks for having me here and if anyone is interested lets have a Chat

Best
Mikel

Egypt is like any other place in the world there are good and bad people especially if you are a woman,i live and born in Alexandria but i am thinkng on moving to Belgium

hi, wanted to say hello. I am new on this site, but live in Egypt for more than 20 years now

Hello guys. I am Mohamed. Nice to be with all of you. I am a dentist; 33 years old and from Alexandria; Egypt and I'm living in there. Its nice to be among you all :)

Hi, I am a Korean in Egypt. Honor to be a member. Have a good day.

Hello, everybody i am a new in expat and i hope to have good friends here.

Egypt Choi wrote:

Hi, I am a Korean in Egypt. Honor to be a member. Have a good day.

Welcome in Egypt, Hope to you to have good and nice days in Egypt.

masTKI wrote:

we've been living here in Cairo for 3.5 years, we enjoy our life and have visited many lovely places in the country such as dahab, Sharm,  hurghada, El gouna,  safaga,  quseir, marsa alam, marsa sagra, Aswan, luxor etc so far no significant safety and security issues.

Nice to hear this from you

and hope to you more happy days in Egypt

You should came to Alexandria .its is amazing especially in winter

Hi , I would like to help you  😊 I'm sabreen from Cairo.

Hi all and welcome to Expat.Com.

I would like to thank the members for their introduction. Hope you are enjoying the forum.
As a reminder, this thread's objective is for the new members to introduce themselves.

If you have any query, feel free to start your own thread on the Egypt forum.

All the very best,
Anas.
Team Expat.Com

Hi: I am going to have a home in Egypt and still keep my residence in America. Presently I am in the planning, organzing, researching stage.  Studying my Arabic. Thinking about business ideas. Fiancee is in Egypt. Thank you.

Hi everyone! Next month I am gonna move to Cairo. My name is Eduard, a 27 years old guy who is gonna work in the new egyptian museum in Giza. Need to organize everything to move there so if someone could help me I would be very gratful. Thanks a lot!

hello im tarek Egyptian who live and work in Cairo Egypt im working as lawyer i have one fult in this site its coz i did copy paste at me private massage so now im blocked and im trying to correct my flout now

Anyone has idea about the documents which are required for processing work visa from india

introducing your self have to very honest and clear and never try to cheat others because many who joined this forum will take vital decision based on our opinions

Hi, I am Amr a civil engineer from Egypt, I am living in Alexandria

Hi. I m new here and planning  to move to Egypt, Cairo in a few months. Could u pls tell me the areas that it wouldn't be good to visit?

Instead we can tell you the nice cities, like Maadi,Zamalek,Mohandseen,Dokki or Nasr City.
most foreigners like to stay in those cities.

Hello Eduard , Good morning I am Nehal from Egypt , I live to near area to the Egyptian museum .

I can help you if you need any arrangements , and would love to be friends

Please contact me whenever possible

Don't ever go to pyramids :)) 'if you ride the camel you will not get off  until you pay  doubles of the price Hahaha

Thanks Nehal for your kindness.

I will let you know when I'm in Egypt

Thanks for the message.
May one needs to negotiate upfront.

Thanks for the message.
May be one needs to negotiate upfront.

Closed