New members of the Ecuador forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi everyone!

I am from Canada originally but have been in Ecuador since 2007 and just love this country!

I came as a volunteer and ended up getting married to an Ecuadorian and becoming a resident.

I began teaching English in local schools and then transitioned to teaching online. I have now been teaching Spanish for the past 6 years as well, and this is truly my passion. I love this beautiful language and being able to help people connect with Latin American culture through Spanish.

I have recently made a shift from Spanish teacher to Spanish coach, so I now help English speakers become fluent in Spanish through neurolanguage coaching and conversation practice with native speakers.

Neurolanguage coaching incorporates the latest neuroscience discoveries to create a uniquely ideal learning environment for each learners, in order to facilitate the process and accelerate results. I am blessed to work with some amazing native speakers and would be happy to answer any questions anyone has about learning the language, or share some of our proven strategies.

Looking forward to connecting with you all!

Cheers

Nadine

Hi,

I am currently living in Quito. Like languages and am looking for a job with Non Profits. I speak English, Spanish and French and would love to find a rigth fit on living in such a beautiful and friendly environment.

Nadine,

What you have obtained is a great thing.  I am currently looking for a job but enjoyed teaching Pre K and toddlers.

I could take your words as an enormous cheer to my own searching.

Thanks

Hello all. I am anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 years til retirement and starting to think ahead. I'm from Canada and wondering where I want to end up. Coming to Ecuador in February for a month so just reading ahead, Don't know if we will settle here but looking forward to visiting. No questions right now but maybe later.
Back to lurk mode.

Hello,

Right now I am just exploring possibilities. Will be coming to Ecuador with a friend in April and looking around for about 10 days.

WD7

Did you make the move to Vilcabamba? What is your opinion of the town?  We visited Ecuador about nine years ago and took a trip to Vilcabamba which we enjoyed.

Larry

Did you make the move to Vilcabamba? What is your opinion of the town?  We visited Ecuador about nine years ago and took a trip to Vilcabamba which we enjoyed.

Larry

Hi moving to ibarra in 3 months wanting to connect with anyone there now.

Hi,ccc,can the fingerprinting be done at the U.S.Embassy or only back in the home country? Is it true we need BOTH state and federal government criminal record documents? I take it we don't need proof of a yellow fever vaccination even if we've been to Colombia? Thanks so much!

The FBI deal can be fast-tracked AFTER they have the fingerprints.Google it.And the results and apostille can be Fedexed to you in Ecuador.

FBI-approved 'channeler' companies in cities around USA have historically reduced the time it takes for fingerprinting.  A channeler in Cincinnati, Ohio, did my prints in '13.

We now return to the sole approved purpose of this new-members thread -- the self-introduction of new members.  Questions may be posted by creating a new thread .. or by posting on existing threads (use search box on forum welcome page to locate such). :)

cccmedia

I am Belgian, and I will be retired in about a year and I am planning to spend 2-3 months in Ecuador end of 2019, Olón or Puerto Lopez. My intention is to retire there if things go on well. However, I am a woman, alone, and just wondering if there  are other women, single, over 55-60, in thar area ?

You may want to start a new post on this subject. Not on the introduction thread.  Although not a woman I am looking at the same area. I have some thoughts on these locations that may or may not affect your decision.

Just getting started on our Ecuador research.  We're trying to narrow down our preference of coastal areas to live if Ecuador feels right.  Not big city fans but yet don't want to be removed from it all either.  We're into outdoor adventures and socializing enjoying music and nightlife.  Considering Olon as an option "close proximity to outdoor activities" or Ballenita "close to necessities" that come with more populated areas.  We want to be connected with an expat community as well as the locals.                       
Thanks for reading!

Except for an expat community, Tonsupa - Atacames in  Esmeraldas will fulfill your other requirements.

Thank you!
I will dig into that area which I haven't researched.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=829954

Thanks!

Closed