New members of the Denmark forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Denmark forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Denmark if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi, my name is David and In 1969 I came to Copenhage on the USS Wasp, a U.S. Navy aircraft carrier. The first night in port a shipmate and myself met two beautiful ladies. We first went to Tivoli Gardens and then we split from the other couple and we went dancing. I had 3 days with this wonderful lady but it had to come to an end, the last night in port I had to stay aboard ship. I was surprised to learn that this wonderful lady had stopped sailors returning to the ship until she found one that knew me, and she sent me a gift with him.

I know that this is a long shot but I just have to give it try.

Hi David

Only expats looking for advice are consulting this home page why I think you shall try either Ekstrabladet or BT (two tabloid papers).
E-mail [email protected]
https://www.bt.dk/tip

or use Facebook for the purpose, e.g.
https://www.facebook.com/help/336320879 … ef=hc_fnav

Good luck,
Nellie

Thank you, Nellie!

Hej! Jeg hedder Charlotte. Jeg er fra England og jeg bor i Danmark.
Hi! I'm Charlotte. I'm from England and I live in Denmark.

I moved here late last year and I love it! Moved to be with the love of my life (and his dog and cat!) and haven't looked back since.

Thought I may as well sign up here, as it can be hard being the only British one around in the local community I live in. Starting my Danish lessons from this evening, I am very excited :)

Det er dejligt at møde dig!
It is lovely to meet you!

Hello everyone! 

My name is Andreea. I'm from Romania. Me, my partner and our dog ( a cute Shiba Inu), are planning to move to Copenhagen this summer.
Me and my partner we are both urban planners and future master students at UC.
We are aware that it will be a great challenge to find an apartment, especially wih a pet..
maybe you could give us some advice..

I hope that everything will turn out to be fine, because we are IN LOVE with Copenhagen!!!

Have a amazing day!

Hej Charlotte, where in Denmark are you? I'm also from England :)

Hi SophieOlivia, I am near to Aalborg :) Where abouts are you? :)

Me too :) just north of aalborg. A town called Dronninglund

Hi, my name is Aleksandar from Burgas  , Bulgaria, with 32 years experience on several international ship companies like Fitter , look for Welder or Pipe Fitter position on board,or ship repair factory, or Welder-Fabricator on shore.Best Regards.

Alex

Hi, i am Milena from Novi Sad, Serbia. I've just finished a PhD here and i am looking for a job now. I like science, programming, going to the gym, movies, books, board games. If you'd like to meet new people, feel free to send me a message :-)

Hi, my name is Tim from USA. I am a self-employed urban planner/grant writer and seeking to move to Fredericksberg outside of Copenhagen. I would like to work for a non-profit who could use my skillset. I am single and enjoy reading, bicycling, running, gardening and church activities. I'll write another post on the type of job opportunity I am looking for.

Nice to meet you all! :-)

Hello everyone! My name is Joya and I'm an esl teacher here in Rome, Italy. My husband and I are planning to move to Denmark because we need a big change in life and we're sure we're going to love it there! We are thinking about Odense and we're open to any suggestions on jobs and accommodation. Thank you and wish us luck! :)

Hey everyone I'm Luke. Moving to Denmark, Aalborg in April next year. would be great to start talking and to share any advice and experience. Look forward to hearing from you all.

Luke

Hello everyone,

My name is Anna. I was born in Denmark, but have travelled much and far. This past year I have been living in Greece and Thailand. I am now back in Copenhagen. I am looking for someone who is native in Greek, and who is interested in helping me learn this beautiful language, and in exchange I can help her learn Danish or English.

DM me.

Hi I'm Beth, I want to move in with my boyfriend in Denmark, but have no idea where to start. I don't have any higher education as I trained privately and became a self employed milliner (hat maker) in the uk. I don't speak more than two words of danish yet and don't know anyone apart from my boyfriend. I would love to use my skills at sewing, and jewellery making here.

Hey all,

I'm John. Moved here from Johannesburg South Africa 3 weeks ago.

My wife and daughter will be joining me in December. The transition has been pleasant to date, despite not being able to converse fluently in Danish yet.

Planning however took more than 6 months. :)

Most people I meet are very friendly and helpful, even when asking for just directions on the metro stations. I also work in IT, so working language is mostly English.

Looking forward to building a new fruitful experience here.

The admin required to register and get your tax sorted out was a bit tedious, but I somehow survived.

Good luck to all.

Hello Everyone, I am Shalinder. I am considering on moving to Copenhagen, Denmark as I got a job offer. I am in the field of data analytics. My wife and a son will be joining me. therefore looking for lot of information regarding education for my kid, finding house, understanding life style, expenses etc. Currently, we are living in Hong Kong.

Hi Everyone,

I'm Samwij from Sri Lanka. I'm a Computer Science Engineer and looking for job in Denmark. I'm looking for job which can give my valuable service to Denmark. Want to learn about the culture, make new friends and get experience on industry.. If anyone like to help me that would be great ...

Thank you

Hie
my name is Tatenda and I'm from Zimbabwe and still there. I'am planning on move to Denmark either for my masters or work.Ii'am an Accountant and currently doing ACCA level 3.
Looking for someone who would not mind helping me out.

Hi!

I'm Kate (well, Katarzyna, but it's the same thing ;) ), I'm from Warsaw, Poland. I've been to Denmark on vacation some 12 or 13 times when I was a kid and once a few years ago. I've been in love with Denmark and Danes since I was 5 and now my boyfriend and I want to move there in 3 or 4 years (we want to learn the lauguage first, we started 6 months ago). I'm really curious about everything about Denmark, moving there etc :)

Hi all,

my name is Sunil, I am from HYD, India. I am planning to move to Denmark in the coming months. I am a Masters Degree holder and by profession I am an Enterprise Software Architect. Excited in moving to Denmark with family and kids. Nice to meet all...

Wishing you amazing start in 2019

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=829945

Thanks!

Closed