New members of the Cambodia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hey guys,

I have just joined the forum today and I'm looking forward to speaking with you all. I've been living in Cambodia now for over five years and what can I say, I love this place. Currently living in Kampot and have a business here but looking to move up to Phnom Penh and start getting myself back into the working life again.

If you guys have any suggestions for work in hospitality that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Warren, Are you sick Kampot ? And are you selling your business ? my name is Guy , nice to talk with you a little , I will be moving over soon.

Hello Guy,

Im not sick of kampot it's a beautiful relaxing little town but after 5 years i'm looking for something a little more exciting. In terms of my business i was going to leave it to my misses and staff to run but if someone was to off the right price then i would'nt say no to a sale.

Warren

ok then , maybe you should start a new topic or thread , business for sale , Thanks for the heads up on Kampot, nice chatting for you ,

Regards Guy

Was not planning on selling until you said something lol. No need to start a new thread but thanks for pointing me in the right direction if the time comes

Time to introduce myself!
I'm Gary from Aschaffenburg, Germany and I'm living in Koh Kong for more than two years now.
First time I've been in Cambodia was in December 2015, after a friend on Facebook recommended me to visit Cambodia. I cancelled my flight back to Germany and lived here about six month, before I went back and sold everything I had.
Now I have a beautiful Cambodian girlfriend and we'll getting a baby soon.
It's a wonderful country to live in. I've never met such friendly people in my life before.

Have a nice day!

Hello Gary, welcome on board this forum.

No need to say I hope you have a good time, as you enjoy life to the fullest already.

Congrats on a wise choice.

Cheers.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Thanks a lot, Joe!
And yes, it was the best choice I did in my whole life.

Gary

Welcome and congratulations on your new life !

Hi everyone, I have just joined.  My wife and I are thinking of moving to Cambodia in the near future.  We have been to Cambodia before and liked to south coast do this is the area we think we would like to be.  Would love to talk to people that have or are living there.  We will be traveling there in the early part of '19 so maybe able to catch up.  Cheers

Hello, welcome on board this forum.

Hope you will find answers to any question by searching in the threads.

Have a nice stay in Cambodia, even if it's quite early right now.

Cheers.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

hey, anyone stay in Phnom Phen until next week ?
my husband is staying there for apply his visa after we will make for ITAS (like stay sponsored by a wife) ...
with no one,
with nothing,
but anyway we can make it,
just if there are some of you can talk and make some solution for him...why not :)

ah, anyway i am Murni.
hope you guys fine, and i just read about expat so i just try how to help my husband from here.

have a good day all

Hello Murni.

Not so easy but try the following link where you find Indonesian people living in PP:

https://www.expat.com/en/network/asia/c … hnom-penh/

Further in the Daun Penh area are the most expats. Meeting places are Olala restaurant st 136, Grand River st 178, Baguetterie st 144.

And if he wants to eat Indonesian food, my favourite is Warung Bali on street 178, excellent [halal] food.

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Hello all.
I am not a newbie in Sihanoukville but I am a newbie on this site.
I need help/instructions/suggestions on how to post many items for sale.
My Mom had a severe stroke last December and I am forced to sell many items that are in great shape. But how to do this I am not familiar.
Please advise.

Hello all.
My Mom had a severe stroke last December and I am forced to sell many items that are in great shape. But how to do this I am not familiar.
Please advise.

Have you considered the obvious EBAY , LetGo etc.

may sound bizarre in Cambodia but you never know,.

also and this sounds obvious in NY

simply put up a bunch of signs with pics of items up around your neighbourhood and make flyers for cafes where folks who may by hang out

SUNDAY HOUSE SALE ALL ITEMS MUST GO.

make a party out of it put post-it labels n everything, it works use chalk to put arrows on the street!
good luck

by the way do you know anyone who has bought land and is building in s ville or for that matter any expats who own businesses on the islands?

advise

what sort of business?

im v interested in speaking to expats with business in cA especially hosels aor bachotels or beach hut owners etc

cfward wrote:

Hello all.
Please advise.

Hello cfward.

There are facebook groups for buy/sell in and around Sihanoukville. Here the links:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1647686252201128/about/https://www.facebook.com/groups/477043802452785/about/https://www.facebook.com/groups/243150469557707/about/

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

AdB50 wrote:

what sort of business?

im v interested in speaking to expats with business in cA especially hosels aor bachotels or beach hut owners etc

Hello AdB50.

Could you please move this to the Business partners section here?

Here the link. You can also put a free ad there.

https://www.expat.com/en/classifieds/as … tners.html

Cheers.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

I thank you, JoeKhmer
VERY helpful! :)

cfward wrote:

I thank you, JoeKhmer
VERY helpful! :)

You're most welcome  :thanks:

Joe

Hello arrived in Phnom Penh 2weeks ago for retirement,staying in hotel at the moment but need to find apartment.any estate agent advice would be appreciated, thanks

Hi, I find these people very good.

http://www.hunter-estate.com

Good luck

Hello,

I am grace a filipina currently working here in preah vihear province. I joined here hoping that i can have some advice in putting up a school center here. As i want to know the process and the amount.

Thank you.

Hey, I'm Kari. I'm a 32 year old American ESL teacher, and I moved here after teaching in China.

Welcome , hope you love it here , it's a beautiful country with beautiful people

Hi All, my name is Hemalatha and I'm a Malaysian.

I will be relocating to Cambodia in August to stay with my husband whom is taking up an expatriate role in Phnom Penh.

I'm planning to find a full / part time job to keep myself occupied on weekdays. I'm an experienced Supply Chain professional.

Regards,
Hemalatha

Hi Helmatha,

Welcome to you and your husband and I hope you enjoy Cambodia, is it your first time? If you are looking for accommodation, please contact me through our company listing in the business directory under SEAPS (South East Asian Property Services)

Kind regards

Naim Khan-Turk

Welcome , I want to go to Malaysia, any recommendations, on nice water areas quiet not so tourist oriented? Maybe stay a few months , but welcome to you , I'm retired so work is not a issue

G'day.
I'm new here and due to me falling in love with a Khmer  woman. I shall be with  you all for many years to come .
I have a wonderful story about falling in love finally.
Also the follow up long ending can not get a visa story, with some help here it may end up a wonderful tin shack to a bright future for a Khmer woman in Australia.
I have everything crossed here as my information shows this bad boy that will stop us being together in Australia ."If a sponsor has convictions for a relevant offence and a significant criminal record, we must refuse the visa " was 30 + years ago and no real relevance though.
So yes Im here and i could use some help as well as provide some to other's somehow.
Damon Stone

Hi everyone, I am new to this lovely country & would like to know & mingle around with expat community on learning more about this beautiful country.                       Little bit about myself , I am a passionate researcher on living a good & healthy life, by following certain simple & most cost effective ; yet so much affordable to live a life full of funfilled activities , like to connect with like minded people from around the world from any age group, would love learn more, traveling is my weakness, just love it, exchange & sharing of knowledge etc

Hello Damon.

Welcome to this forum.

You're lucky enough to have found a lovely Khmer girl.

Scroll through the threads, many items have been discussed, like visa, marriage, mixed couples.

If there is anything that is not covered, put it in a new thread and for sure there will be useful answers.

Cheers.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Bitgin wrote:

Hi everyone, I am new to this lovely country & would like to know & mingle around with expat community on learning more about this beautiful country.                       Little bit about myself , I am a passionate researcher on living a good & healthy life, by following certain simple & most cost effective ; yet so much affordable to live a life full of funfilled activities , like to connect with like minded people from around the world from any age group, would love learn more, traveling is my weakness, just love it, exchange & sharing of knowledge etc

Hello Bitgin.

Welcome to this forum, hope you have a great time here.

Scroll through the threads and if some question comes up feel free to post it in a new thread.

Cheers.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Thanks Joe. Much appreciated

Hi All,

I just joint this forum. I have been in Cambodia for over 9 years and I working in construction field
Thank you for let me joint this forum.

BR,

Sullam

Welcome on board this forum sullams, hope you will enjoy it.

Cheers.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

I am An Engineer from the UK I am 54 years old . I want to move to Cambodia to marry my 40 year old girl friend is this possible
:)

Not really as men over 50 are not allowed to marry a Cambodian girl/woman.

You could marry somewhere else and try to have it registered in Cambodia.

Search the threads here, it has been discussed before and some people managed to do it the right way.

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Hi I am new to this group . I am a Engineer from the uk , working in Australia . I am looking to move to Siem Reap to marry my 40 year old Cambodia girlfriend I am 54 . Any help on the Cambodian law please

You post this for the second time.

No help on Cambodian laws. As I mentioned in my previous answer Cambodia doe not allow men over the age of 50 to marry Cambodian girls/women. That's it.

So try to circumvent it, marry somewhere else and try to register in Cambodia. Hold a "dirty" ceremony with one monk, one photographer, costumes for bride, groom, parents. This is more for the family as they can say my daughter is married, see the photos. You would really need an official marriage certificate if children are involved.

Cheers.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Closed