New members of the Brazil forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

FloridaGuyInBrazil wrote:

Tell me ..... why does this website IGNORE people who are living in FLORIANOPOLIS ?
FLORIANOPOLIS is one of the most popular destinations in Brasil.

Not sure why you would think that - questions about Florianopolis (which appear to mainly be about maternity tourism, for some reason) seem to get answered just as quickly as any other, and Florianopolis residents participate in plenty of conversations.
If your real question is "Why isn't there a Florianopolis Forum?", I have no answer.  No reason there shouldn't be; a lot of the smaller capitals don't seem to have them, but maybe should.  Most of the city forums that do exist are pretty non-specific, though, and seem to depend on the overall Brazil forum for content.

Hi Todd,

I'm also from the UK, was the 180 days made up of 90 days Visa on arrival and 90 days extension at the federal police?

Was it a straight forward process?

Thanks in advance,

Ikex

I think it's based on tourism and just overall Brazil, I know there's about 100+ members in and around Belem, and my new city is not listed for the Brazil forum is the catch all....just a swag....and as far as I know,  I'm the only North  American here...

Think it's about time to make ONE

I don't think they ignore Florianopolis, maybe no expats found this site.
Been there a few times and enjoyed.

Why?...lol

I have no idea why. I did not meet any English speaking people in Flor. but I also was just at the beach or eating and having a few beers.

Atta boy Craig, how are you?, and your right , this thread is in deep ah ya know what I mean...lol

Hey I am Canadian, My wife is Brazilian with Canadian PR, our son is Dual Canadian/Brazilian or Canzilian...  We were Married in Sao Paulo in 2004, so at that time all of my Canadian Documentation was legalized in Brazil for that process. Our son has both Passports. We are planning to move to Brazil due to a medical issue, with plans to be in Sao Paulo in early March, 2019.

Most everything is done as far as accommodations, income, education and insurance arrangements... However, there are tonnes of questions I have and am joining to ask and confirm the info I have received from my wife's family in Brazil.

jaihu wrote:

Hey I am Canadian, My wife is Brazilian with Canadian PR, our son is Dual Canadian/Brazilian or Canzilian...  We were Married in Sao Paulo in 2004, so at that time all of my Canadian Documentation was legalized in Brazil for that process. Our son has both Passports. We are planning to move to Brazil due to a medical issue, with plans to be in Sao Paulo in early March, 2019.

Most everything is done as far as accommodations, income, education and insurance arrangements... However, there are tonnes of questions I have and am joining to ask and confirm the info I have received from my wife's family in Brazil.

Welcome, just query most information or put the question on the "Brazil or Sao Paulo " forum page and I'm sure someone in the group will be able to help you. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on the forums website and the only crazy questions are the ones not asked..take care and best of luck with the move...

Hello Stella. Nice to meet you. How is life in Brazil as a Nigerian ? Thank you

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=829876

Thanks!

Closed