The best apps for expats in Saudi Arabia

Hello,

We invite you to share information regarding some of the apps that have helped to facilitate your move abroad in Saudi Arabia. This will help expats-to-be who are making the move as well.

Which apps did you use while preparing your move to Saudi Arabia?

What apps do you use the most for your everyday life in Saudi Arabia: whether it's for transport, managing finances, general information, learning the language of your host country, leisure activities, etc.?

How does this technology help you in your everyday life as an expat?

Which apps would you recommend to expatriates in Saudi Arabia and why?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

google maps app
google search
google translation etc...

D4D online for shopping flyers
Talabat. Food delivery
Careem. For taxi

Tinder...

Hi
google maps app
google search

Food
Hunger Station
Talabaat
Albaik (you can only order and pickup no delivery, it saves a lot of time in line)

Directions
Google Maps (there are no addresses)

Government
Absher
Saudia (Airline)

Car Accidents
Najm

Transport
Careem
Uber

Homes.com , great tools help you find your new home in the area you desire with the exact location,

Careem
Uber
Absher (visas for wife)
Google Maps

Goolgle Translate

Google Map

We hare here

Google.com.sa

Absher
Al Rajhi Bank
Careem
Currency Converter
Google Maps
Translate Voice
Uber

why Al Rajhi Bank? what is so special in it which is not in other banks for expats?

Al Rajhi is the most popular bank and they have cash machines and branches everywhere plus it very easy to transfer money between countries using their app.

Google translator
Google itself hahaha
Google map but not much

Weather app

Facebook
Instagram
Snapchat
Imo
YouTube
Soundcloud
Smule

Games 😁

At home:
Netflix
Games

Money transfer

i am irfan malik from hasa. when i was in india, i created profiles on naukri.com and some other recruiting sites. i received a call from delhi then i was interviewed on phone. i am here using imo, duo and soma apps that help in being connected with my family and friends.

Muslim Pro - for figuring out when stores are going to be closed
Zahma O La - for Bahrain causeway transit time estimates
MySTC - all things (like purchasing roaming packages) for your mobile
Bupa Arabia - medical insurance
XE currency converter
Calculator (mostly for currency conversion)
My bank app (I'm with NCB)
A world clock for knowing times of family/friends around the world
All airline apps for carriers from DMM and BAH

Google Map, Talabat, Hungeratation

I love to use Facebook App Facebook Messenger App.. It makes me relax for quite somatimes espacially when I talk with my kids.

Procedure for expats to move/relocate from Saudi Arabia to Kuwait on work:

The following documents are needed for Kuwait visa
1). Police clearance certificate  ( PCC)
2). Degree attestation by Kuwait embassy
3). medical certificate
4). work permit visa documents

To save time one can apply PCC  & degree attestation before receiving wok permit visa papers from Kuwait.

1. Degree attestation process: 

A). Do MOFA  stamping on degree certificate in ministry of foreign affairs  .
B).  Reach out to any  agent like Al-FIFA  and send the certificate  fro Kuwait embassy attestation . it take 4 to 5 working days.

2.  PCC- Police clearance certificate process:

A). first go to  nearest Indian passport or visa center ( for people in khobar and Dammam ) can visit  office near Rakha , khobar.   fill form for PCC  & pay 116 riyals .

B). you will receive  letter from Indian embassy for issuing PCC from Saudi police station  in 1 week time.

C).  get the MOFA done on this letter

D). then go to directorate of police in Dammam and submit the letter issued by Indian embassy.

E). you will receive the PCC in 1 week. then get MOFA done .(MOFA office is near ARAMCO office  on high way 605)
F).   do MOFA on PCC

3. Medical certificate:

A). Go to any  medical center approved ministry of health and get it stamped by ministry of health .
For people in Dammam and khobar  can go to ministry of health near dammam medical tower or Dammam medical centre in Dammam.

B). get the  MOFA done on medical certificate

once you receive the work permit documents for visa , then Go to Kuwait embassy with all 4 above documents for visa. ( people in Dammam & khobar need to go to Riyadh Kuwait embassy )

1. Google map - for directions
2. Youtube - for learning new language, culture and other info about certain destinations.
3. Social media apps - to stay connected with our families online

It depends on which bank your company uses for salary distribution. Al Rahji has online services which is called Al Mubasher which lets you make online transaction like cash transfer either to local and foreign accredited banks. Some expats use this app to send money to their families online.

Google map,
General information,

hi Priscila
my stay has been good here.I have met good friends and inspiring ones.Am a proud owner of different apartments thanks to a company I was introduced to.The company offers mortgage loans at a very low interest of 2% I can confidently introduce it to someone who could be stuck and an emergency fund anyone can email them at [email protected]

jobs that are highly available here are
teaching,nursing,data entry and receptionist for ladies
drivers,doctors & accountants for men.
my prayer is to continue getting more friends.

thank
liz

Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
Imo
Google map
Google search

Google Map
Facebook

I have heard that Netflix is heavily censored - if so is there a way around this? Just to see normal movies, nothing dodgy, without having even the cleavages blurred out?
If I log in with my UK Netflix password when i go to KSA, will that give me access to the UK content or will it somehow still be censored?