The best apps for expats in Canada

Hello,

We invite you to share information regarding some of the apps that have helped to facilitate your move abroad in Canada. This will help expats-to-be who are making the move as well.

Which apps did you use while preparing your move to Canada?

What apps do you use the most for your everyday life in Canada: whether it's for transport, managing finances, general information, learning the language of your host country, leisure activities, etc.?

How does this technology help you in your everyday life as an expat?

Which apps would you recommend to expatriates in Canada and why?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Google maps continues to be good for naviagation. Citymapper is also good.
Other apps I've used are Triplinx, Wish, Freshii and Amazon
For news, Globe and Mail app is good

And yes, REMITR app is very good for sending money to family in home country (bit.ly/remdlca)

Hello Priscilla

I did not use any apps then . Most people did not even own a computer :).
Sites which can be helpful : Kijiji for selling/buying/renting etc. Craigslist too but one has to be careful.
Jobs : Indeed, Monster, LinkedIn etc.

For those who read English : Quora has a good deal of info too especially from foreigners.
People should be careful though about born Canadians who are not very truthful most of the time and are defending their pride.

For those who want to know more about life in Canada, there are good youtube Channels also.

10 years ago I would have advised to read online newspapers : Toronto Sun, The star etc. Now I am not too sure.

Roomster is a good app for finding shared accomodation in GTA

Thank you 🙏🏻 but am in Jordan, and looking for jop in Canada 🇨🇦

Hi there

I am 48, does my age not count against me.?

Thanks
Barry.