Costs of flights to surrounding countries

Prices of flights.  I've been checking from Canada. I've heard booking from inside Cambodia is the way to do it. From this hemisphere I get westerners prices. Example; Phnom Penh to Hanoi is 368.00 Canadian. I've heard it shouldn't be more the 100.00 if I'm in country. Any answers?
Cheers from Victoria

Missjodi wrote:

Prices of flights.  I've been checking from Canada. I've heard booking from inside Cambodia is the way to do it. From this hemisphere I get westerners prices. Example; Phnom Penh to Hanoi is 368.00 Canadian. I've heard it shouldn't be more the 100.00 if I'm in country. Any answers?
Cheers from Victoria

Hi Missjodi,

I do not think that is a question of “from inside or from outside” any country.

There is probably a question to check directly with the Asian low-cost likes Air Asia and the many others.

Google “low cost airlines” from the airport you want to fly.

On the way I understand that Air Asia fly from PHN to Hanoi.

Can you please check and tell us the results ?

Cheers,
Marcelo

I always book directly with air asia. 35$ bangkok - siem reap

Hello.

I don't think it has anything to do with the country where you stay or buy the tickets. First info is about the flight, second about the price. No mention of where you buy the tickets as most of the sites you buy on line.

More important is to choose the right site to find good prices. I always check FareCompare where you can choose to see several offers and compare.

From and to Cambodia a lot of flights are done by AirAsia, check their website too for fares.

I checked FareCompare, your flight PP - Hanoi.
Cheapest is 150 Canadian (Lebanese Air), then 200 Canadian (multiple airlines) and up to 250 one way.
AirAsia is one of them, but has a stop in Bangkok, then direct to Hanoi. Lebanese is direct flight.

Check this site, they also give you the best days to fly, best months.

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

James, Air Asia flies to Hanoi, but with a stop in Don Mueang Bangkok. From Bangkok then direct flight to Hanoi.

I have it easier, direct flight from Sihanoukville to Ho Chi Minh city, then to Hanoi.

Cheers

Joe