Finding work in Switzerland

Hello everyone,
My partner and I are moving to Switzerland for his PhD and I am looking for a job. Does relocating to Switzerland help to find a job there or is it better to search from your home country and have found a job before moving?
Thank you

Are you somewhat confused? Yesterday you said you were moving to Denmark?

Fnding work in Denmark

Hello everyone,
I am a Biochemical Engineer with 8 yrs laboratory experience and 2 yrs of Patent Administration experience. My partner and I are moving to Denmark for his PhD and I am looking for a job. Does relocating to Denmark help to find a job there or is it better to search from your home country before moving?
Thank you

SimCity AT, I am not confused. He has been accepted for PhD at two Universities, one in Denmark and one in Switzerland, and we are checking for our options in both destinations before deciding where to go.

Then you should state that in your question instead of posting the same post in both countries. You will then have a better response.

In response to your question, do you speak Swiss German? It has become increasingly hard to find work even if you do speak German. It is also a very expensive country to live in.

Thank you for taking the time to answer me. We both speak French and the University he has been accepted to is in the French speaking region of Switzerland

Of course relocating to SW gives you better chances. Looking for a job in SW from abroad is not a problem but you would have to come for FtF interviews anyway and the question of your residency will come up right away, especially in SW since it is outside of EU. Assuming you are EU citizens you should have easy time registering and receiving rights to work. If you are French you find yourself at home in SW French speaking area. Moving to SW is like moving abroad , customs and declarations and other formalities. Your relocation to Denmark would be much easier logistically. Salaries in SW are not high outside of Finance and Pharma. Most Swiss live very very modestly. There is no government universal Healthcare , it is 100% private like in US and it is mandatory (400-600CHF per month). You would have to get new mobile phone contract as your current one will become and international roaming phone inside SW, internet is more expensive and hassle to get. You will live without internet for the first few weeks most likely. It will come down to the choice of your partner and where he feels the research and science and Univ. education is the strongest. My guess is , he will prefer Denmark.

Wow, thank you very much for your taking the time to give me such a comprehensive answer, I appreciate it!