Events

Are there any group meetings for ex pats.
I was thinking of a monthly meet at a location such as a bar or restaraunt.
Like minded people can get together and make new friends.

are you currently in TCI? i saw on your profile you are looking to move to trinidad and tobago?

There are no group meetings arranged here, its a small island and a lot of people get into their own clicks or groups or assimilate, hence why there is very little traffic on this website after people arrive.

It honestly depends on what industry you are in which will depend on how you get word out to expats as there arent expat groups specifically.

To put it plainly, when people arrive and settle its a melting pot on island and a lot of people dont consider themselves expats anymore as they assimilate into the Caribbean way of life, is there anything you are missing that requires an expat meet up as opposed to just a way of meeting new people on island irrespective of whether they are local or expat?

My husband is from the UK.
He has been an ex pat in Trinidad previously for 14 months but with family.
He has now been transferred to TCI for 6 months.
I was looking for a golfing contact for him, fishing and/or diving.
Oh plus he likes a drink.
He goes to the fish fry and enjoys that.

golfing is definitely not my forte.. and there arent regular folks that i know of that dive regularly and fishing is dependent on weather..

drinking however, i have some experience.. I would suggest he heads to Bob's bar on a wednesday night down venetian road which is a local hang out favored by expats, also ricky's on a sunday he should have some joy :) not sure on his age, but these places are frequented by the fun loving long serving expats/locals alike, hope this helps!