Is there VA approved clinics/ pain ?

Hi my name is JayP. I am looking to buy and live in the DR. My family is from DR. I've been in contact with Scott Medina, developer in punta cana, but I see others moving to north shore , etc.
I am a US Army Veteran, that plans to live in DR 3-6 months a year, but will consider permanent.
Is there anyone in my situation that can inform me?
JayPexpat

Welcome to the forums!  There is an,association but I am not sure what they actually provide! Let me see if I can find their info.  Google it as well,  I know they exist with main office in Santiago, branches in Puerto Plata and Santo Domingo

Welcome. I don't think there is a clinic but he association will help you with information and possible filing of claims

Bob K

Hi Jay

I don't live in DR but I've been doing some research because I plan to move to the North Coast in Fall 2019. I found this site that helps with any VA stuff that you might have. I know for sure that you can be seen or receive meds for anything you have a VA rating associated with, probably rehab as well. Here is the link: https://mlvadr.com/

Good Luck

Thank you. I will do some research. I was planning to go to punta cana to inquire about buying a condo soon. What do you recommend I do or is there another location I should inquire about?
JayP

The island is diverse.  Each area has it's pros and cons. Where you settle should be based on what you need and want.

There are threads on this and lots of discussion in various threads. Start reading and when ready ask questions.

And welcome to the forums.

There is an excellent Clinic in Santiago Dominican Republic named Well  Vet and there are 3 excellent doctora  with other associates providing  quality service.. the clinic has a physical therapy área,  and many other service.  You can call them at: 809-626-6666. All service conectdd service are free of charge.

Welcome brother. As a Canadian Forces Veteran (Army and Air Force), for my claims if I were to require medical help, I first need to have approval of the Dr/clinic from VAC (Veteran Affairs Canada) then I would pay and send the bill which would be reimbursed. Somewhat awkward but it works. Not sure if US VA works the same. I make trips back to Canada every 6 months which keeps my Canadian medical coverage and also allows me to check in with VAC on issues like my hearing aids and CPAT machine. Knowing there is or might be an approved VA clinic here would be great as Canada has an agreement which allows Canadian Veterans to use VA facilities. I will keep my eye on this thread....cheers!

Hi my name is JayP.

I am looking to buy and live in the DR. My family is from DR. I've been in contact with Scott Medina, developer in punta cana, but I see others moving to north shore , etc.

I am a US Army Veteran, that plans to live in DR 3-6 months a year, but will consider permanent.
Is there anyone in my situation that can inform me?
JayPexpat

Hi JayPexpat,

I am Louis, just recently came on as of yesterday, sign on as am interested in coming to the DR and sightsee, tour area, and hopefully meet a lady for long term relationship.

I am also a US Army veteran, live here in Texas, was stationed at Ft. Hood in and out from overseas. I go here to the local VA in Temple, Tx or when I am in Dallas, Tx.

I was also interest in a VA approved clinic in the area.  I have live and worked overseas many years, last
tour with the Dept. of Defense, Iraq 2010. Retired completely Sept. 2012., then Social Security in 2014.

I would be also interest in reaching out to other vets in the DR. I am planning to go in April or early May
timeframe.

Thanks in advance,     Louis  (trekker72)  in Texas

I am not sure I understand what the last post is actually trying to do!

Haha - you're right planner. However, welcome Louis. AS mentioned above, someone may be checking into if there is a VA approved medical place here in the Dominican Republic. There seems to be a number of Veterans here but there doesn't appear to be any formal group except with EXpats. I have met one US Army vet and his wife at a past Expat gathering in Sosua. The North Coast is the the area I recommend but if you're coming, you'll have to check out Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete, and other locations in each direction.

Third post in the thread has a link to the group honey!

And happy for any an all vets to have threads on here dedicated to all of you!!!

Thanks my dear - don't know how I  missed that - turns out the place is pretty close to me and easy to get to if they respond positively to my query...cheers!

Awesome!!!

Good Afternoon Planner ''

this is trekker 72 in reference to yesterdays initial post. Yes I just read my post again.
Yes it is confusing.

I guess I was wanting to know of other Expats--US Vet in the DR. Would also like to know if there is a chapter:  internations

It is also a wealth of resources information and in connecting with others.

There is one here in Dallas, Texas, I attend as often as I can. It is comprised of expats living here in the USA, such as there in the DR.

thank you,

The link is under review honey. Would you send it to me in a private message please? Thanks!

Greetings,I am a member of an organization here called Melevia.a va approved overseas clinic.there are two locations in Santo Domingo as well as a location in Santiago and also Puerto plata.you are able to get your meds here if you are service connected as well as any therapies you made need.also you have access to a full clinic and access to vso's who can assist you with any va claims or paperwork.best part is this service is totally free.its a great .org for vets and there are many social outings that they sponsor. Give them a look you can find them on Instagram MELEVIA

Oba711 wrote:

Greetings,I am a member of an organization here called Melevia.a va approved overseas clinic.there are two locations in Santo Domingo as well as a location in Santiago and also Puerto plata.you are able to get your meds here if you are service connected as well as any therapies you made need.also you have access to a full clinic and access to vso's who can assist you with any va claims or paperwork.best part is this service is totally free.its a great .org for vets and there are many social outings that they sponsor. Give them a look you can find them on Instagram MELEVIA

Doing a search on Instragram for MELEVIA and Melevia.a  come up empty.

My bad... Melivea is the correct spelling

That works.

I'm a little confused though.  How do they make money if their service is free?

This is a dead link too. I'm guessing it's the same folks due to the similarity in the url.

They are a va approved overseas clinic.the services provided are billed to the va. They are a partner,all of your clinic info as well as medical records are accessible.va benefits as well as my healthy vet. They are an extension of the va for vets living overseas

melivea.dr is the correct link.pleas forgive as I'm on the road

Oba711 wrote:

melivea.dr is the correct link.pleas forgive as I'm on the road

Edit:  I believe this is a private clinic. It does not appear on the V.A. website as an approved VA clinic.

That's not to say they aren't able to provide assistance to Vets, but it is misleading to say they're an approved clinic.

Can you provide some sort of proof they are a V.A. approved clinic?   

Take your time, I'm in no rush for the info

What I can tell you is I have used the services. I have never paid. My doctors in New Jersey va have confirmed that I can use the clinic as they are indeed partners in the overseas vet program. The vso orgs hers such as VFW and purple heart use the facilities to assist veterans and process claim as well. Aside from that, I guess you can do your own homework and if you feel comfortable, hopefully you will utilize the services. I can only tell you my experience.

Oba711 wrote:

What I can tell you is I have used the services. I have never paid. My doctors in New Jersey va have confirmed that I can use the clinic as they are indeed partners in the overseas vet program. The vso orgs hers such as VFW and purple heart use the facilities to assist veterans and process claim as well. Aside from that, I guess you can do your own homework and if you feel comfortable, hopefully you will utilize the services. I can only tell you my experience.

Thanks for the clarification. OBA711

Life Quiro Spine Rehabilitation centers accepts Veterans with service related injuries and bills the VA directly in the Foriegn Medical Services Program.
Www.quiropractico.com.do
Locations in Peurto plata, Santiago, and Santo domingo.

Yes, you can contact Meds4Vets: Medical Care for Veterans Abroad in Santo Domingo. Meds4vets is a clinic that works with U.S. Veterans and works under the Foreign Medical Program of the U.S. Veteran Administration. Care for your service-connected conditions is free. contact: WhatsApp (809) 747-9400 see: meds4vets.org

email address: [email protected]

If you need a Chiropractor or physical therapist and have a servive telated injury. You can go to Life Quiro Spine Rehabilitation centers. Www.quiropractico.com.do
They will bill FMSP directly. They have xray as well.