Visa and Iqama questions

Hi all,

If anyone has a spare moment I would really like some advice.

I've just moved to Riyadh on a semi-perm basis on a multiple entry / exit work visa. As far as I am aware, under the rules of this visa you can literally leave / enter the country when you want (providing of course that the visa hasn't run out and that you also abide by the 30-day exit/re-entry duties also). Can anyone confirm if this is the case? My company doesn't have an office or base in KSA, that is why we are reliant on these work visas and I will often need to book flights at short notice, get in a taxi to the airport and take off to anywhere in the world with no time to worry about paperwork, exit permission, etc.

My company plans to open an office in KSA in the near future, when it is envisaged that I will be given an Iqama. However, according to the description of the Iqama below, taken from this very site, you aren't allowed to leave KSA at all while you have one? Is this really the case? So while I have my Iqama I cannot go back to the UK, either for vacations or to terminate my contract early? This would be a deal-breaker for me and I would have to resign before the Iqama is issued if this is the case. Description below of the Iqama taken from this site (the handy tools section):

"If you are moving to Saudi Arabia, you must apply for a residence or work visa commonly called Iqama. This will allow you to stay in the Saudi territory for a defined period, but you cannot leave the country nor come back later."

If someone can provide advice, it will be appreciated - both about the current work visa I am on and also whether I am right or getting totally confused about the Iqama. Thanks :)

Dear Brother,
Story is as simple. There are two kind of work visas
1. Business Vivsa (exit re-entry is required after 30 days. No Iqama issued)
2. Work permit visa with Iqama. (no exit re-entry required) In this case you can have single exit re-entry or you can have multiple exit re-entry issued by your visa sponsor. Now, if you have multiple exit re-entry provided by your sponsor, you can go anywhere anytime outside the kingdom. If you want to leave the company, you have to give them notice, they will process your notice, issue you a final exit , your Iqama will be canceled and you will be able to go back to your home country. Ofcourse you can come back to Saudi on new visa. :)