Semi-retire and work PT in Medellin or elsewhere in Colombia

Hi,
I'm an "older" woman who wants to retire and go ex-pat this year if possible. I am an Oriental Medicine Doctor (acupuncturist, Chines herbalist, etc), and plan to complete my ESL for Business English some time this year also. I am curious if anyone has a perspective on my ability to work either as an acupuncturist, or teach ESL in businesses. I'm not really interested in school teaching, but love teaching adults. I visited Medellin 2 years ago and fell in love with it and the people.  I will consider other places in Colombia, but just wanted to start getting some information. 
Also, any thoughts about an expat community in Medellin or elsewhere, or an "older" woman taking on expat?

Thanks,
Patti

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Advertising is not allowed.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi there.
Read your mail, thought i would reply dont know what help i can be but will try. One of my dearest friends who lives in Fairhope Al. Has just sold his practice of acupuncture, Eastern medicine, chiropractics, said he can know spend more time writing books and traveling will see. You might have heard of him  Dr. John Stump.
I do not live in Medellin i live in a town called Rio Negro San Antonio which is famous for its cakes,pies, very pretty town. At week ends lots of tourists, and Colombians visit to try the food.
Don;t know if you are aware the Government has changed instead of a one year retirement visa now its for 3 years which is a good thing.
I would think Medellin would be the place if you want to practice a little bit. More Gringo's there.
Good luck in your dream of getting out of the U.S. If i can answer any of your questions please feel free to drop me a line.
Richard